• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your connection to your other centers?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What is your type?
2) if you use tritype, what is your heart fix? how strong is your connection to the heart center?
3) if you use tritype, what is your head fix? how strong is your connection to the head center?
4) if you use tritype, what is your gut fix? how strong is your connection to the gut center?

Silveresque

1) What is your type?
9w1 (possibly wingless) sp/so, tritype 964

2) if you use tritype, what is your heart fix? how strong is your connection to the heart center?

The first time I took an enneagram test, I got 4w5, and I mistyped as that for a while. I relate to the melancholy and the inward search for an identity, but even though I spend a lot of time thinking about my feelings, I'm surprisingly disconnected from them. I sometimes have a hard time identifying what I'm feeling, and an even harder time figuring out why I'm feeling that way. I suppose my heart fix may be the weakest of the three.

3) if you use tritype, what is your head fix? how strong is your connection to the head center?

My head fix is 6, and I believe I have a strong connection to it. I'm prone to doubt, dread and anxiety, and over-analyzing things. I'm more realistic and logical than most nines, going by the descriptions. However I'm not sure if I have as much mental chatter as other people who are head types. I'm often not thinking about anything in particular (at least not consciously)--I may just be relaxing and listening to music in my head. Then again, I can't actually get into someone else's head to compare. :p

4) if you use tritype, what is your gut fix? how strong is your connection to the gut center?

My gut fix, as well as my main type, is 9. I still don't understand the gut triad...or maybe I do and just don't relate to it. I'm clumsy, nonathletic, and don't pay much attention to my body, though I do like to be physically comfortable. Physical comfort is very important to me.

I read one description of the gut triad that said it was related to issues of autonomy and anger, which I can kind of relate to. Autonomy--having the freedom to live a comfortable and easy lifestyle is very important to me, though I don't think I'm that different from most other people when it comes to anger. So I think I have a pretty weak connection overall to the gut triad, oddly enough.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm a 9w8 with 7w8 and 4w5 fixes. My connection to 7 is strong enough that whenever I take the test, I go back and forth between 9 and 7 as being my top result. Despite being a 9, I've been described as having bees in my ass because I can't just sit still. I need to be doing several things at once. The 7w8 and 9w8 seem to be constantly pushing/pulling each other. I'll constantly go back and forth between wanting to just relax and use my computer to needing to go from 0-60 in less than a second.
My 4w5 is still there but not as apparent. I'm somewhat aware of my feelings, but being an ISTP, I tend to push them aside as being "stupid." I do, however, embrace my weirdness and being myself. I do not try to impress other people at all. What matters most to me is that I'm happy with me by being me.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a 6w7 with 1(w2) and 4w5 fixes. I'm most strongly connected to the head center, I live most of my life filtered through my thoughts and I immediately saw myself as being part of this triad (though it took me a while to settle on 6w7 as my type). I feel as though my heart and gut fixes are pretty much even, and I'm not quite sure how to distinguish which is more prominent... Though I'm sure [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] would tell me that my gut fix is stronger ;)
I used to think I was foremost a 4w5, but as I've grown and developed, I think I'm pulling away from the heart center.... coincidentally, I've developed from a phobic 6 to a counter-phobic 6. This may well have something to do with it. :shrug:

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) 1w9 sp/?
2) 3w4. Very weak.
3) 5w6. Very strong, I typically score as 5w6 on tests about as often as I do 1w9, and if the test doesn't incorporate wings, I tend to score as 5 almost exclusively.
4) 1w9. Very strong, perhaps slightly stronger than my head fix, and I associate much more with 1's issues of anger and autonomy than 5's sensitivity.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) 4w3; 4-7-8
2) I am well connected to my heart center, since it is my main type.
3) 7w6; my best understood center. I've mistyped as a 7 many times.
4) 8w9; trusted, but not explicitly understood. An even more frequent mistype.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) 6w7 sx/sp
2) 4w3. My connection to my heart center is very strong, but I tend to know I am a 6 bc it sounds just like me, and I tend to live in my head center for protection of my heart fix, but I've got such strong Fi development that it invades everything even when I'm head detached it's not too difficult to trigger it.
3) 6w7. Very.
4) 8w9. I am less connected to my gut center, but it does tend to come out as a last resort of coping or handling the world.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am going to post this here because it may be helpful for some people. Like I come across as chatty and in touch with my emotions (heart center) but in fact I am complete head center I tend to size people up and keep my own counsel, etc. and I think this also may have something to do with my sx/sp tendency to put walls up with people and be abrasive, is a head center drive of being self-protective, this is my way of detaching, rather than being truly detached (like I think of a 5 being), I detach with anxiety and skepticism as a 6.

I think I'm actually pretty well balanced with my three centers, but I can see where my gut is actually a last resort IRL, like when I will put my foot down. I actually find it fascinating that this 8w9 gut fix is last in my triad, but is very apparent on-line, just like my Te although it might be my inferior function...this stuff isn't as apparent IRL I don't think. Maybe this means I am in the process of integrating.

Heart Center

The Heart Center consists of those people who move towards others. They engage relationship.

Picture yourself going to a party. When you get to the door what do you do? If you walk right in and begin talking and greeting others then you might belong in the Heart center. The Heart Center is emotion based. These types are image conscious. They are concerned with feelings and relationships. They are often busy doing.

Head Center

The Head Center types initially move away or withdraw from relationship.

At a party those in the Head Center stand at the door and look to see who is present and what is happening. These people are Head based and like to have a good idea of what to expect before entering a new situation. They cautiously approach others. The Head center is a cognitive center. These people like to think but may be slow to act. The plan but may not implement.

Gut Center

The Gut Center types move in and against. They are direct and straight forward. They can be confrontational.

At a party they would go right in and engage in hearty, jovial, back-slapping greetings that may put some people off. Or, they might offer the host a helpful criticism about how to improve some feature of the party. These types are based in instinctual energy. They tend to act first and later to think and feel in regard to their actions.

If you know your style of approaching others then you can locate your center and narrow the choices for your type. Determine your center then look to those three types to find yourself.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) 9w1, tritype I still havn't quite figured out but is probably 9-4-6/7
2) probably 4, probably w5. I don't think my connection is as strong as it use to be..
3) I'm thinking it's e7. It sounds kind of weird for an INFP 7, but I think it's solely related to auxiliary Ne
4) 9w1. I'm pretty sure this is my type now after thinking about 4w3. I'm usually easy going and usually don't like being too tied up so, it's a good indicator it's my main type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Head heart gut 729 I think

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) 7w6 Sp/Sx
2) 3w4. not very strong (many would disagree with this. in fact, most of the people on this site think it's my core type lol)
3) 7w6: very strong, in fact, I've turned it down some because it can cause me to get on this mental hamster wheels and
4) 1w2: also very strong (unusually strong for a 7w6). almost as strong as my head energy.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1) What is your type?
1. Type 1. I'm uncertain as to wing and instinct.
2. Type 4. Pretty strong; I think I disintegrate pretty often.
3. Either 5 or 7. Not very strong.
4. Type 1, silly. Also pretty strong.

Caesar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What is your type?
5w4 1w9 4w3 sp/sx

Pretty damn strong. I frequently think I'm INFJ because of this strong 4 connection. I feel very deeply.

Also very strong. It is my main type after all.

I am very idealistic and disparaging of anything that doesn't meet my standards. This reinforces the fiveish and fourish tendency to believe that the outside world is unsafe, and that I'm special.

G

Glycerine

5w6 (I relate a lot with the disintegration with 7). I relate to 9 a lot too. And 3 a lot.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) What is your type?

I'm a 5w6. My tritype is 5w6 > 9w1 > 4w5. I put them in order of strongest to weakest. My head center connection being the strongest, my heart center being the weakest with gut somewhere in between.