• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneabite: You are what you eat

What is your favorite kind of food and enneagram type?

• Savory, enneagram 1

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Sweet, enneagram 1

• Savory, enneagram 2

• Sweet, enneagram 2

• Savory, enneagram 3

• Sweet, enneagram 3

• Savory, enneagram 4

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Sweet, enneagram 4

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Savory, enneagram 5

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sweet, enneagram 5

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Savory, enneagram 6

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Sweet, enneagram 6

• Savory, enneagram 7

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Sweet, enneagram 7

• Savory, enneagram 8

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sweet, enneagram 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savory, enneagram 9

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Sweet, enneagram 9

• Total voters

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read an interesting article the other day about what our food cravings say about ourselves. So I naturally thought there might be a trend for each enneagram type and thus made this poll here. Sounds kind of lame but maybe what you eat could explain what your un-typed self might even be (move to spoiler to help yourself). Feel free to vote and comment and extend my amazing studies even. :D

If you've already voted and curious to see what food says about you:

Don't forget to check out the link!

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I like spicy food, and i do like Thai's food and chocolate. i think its suited with my personality, i'm a quick temper too. :scruples:

I'm E5

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tend to like Spicy Food. Or rather, I come from a family that likes spicy food. Generally, though, the food should be spicier than the American variety (not the wash-down kind.)

Though, if you consider drinks as food, I love soda. Soda is probably the only thing comparable to my love for spicy food.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like spicy food the best, but I also love ice cream and candy. candy. and I like sour candy a lot.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thoroughly enjoy both sweet and savory foods. And bascially all foods. Perhaps an explanation into my diverse sense of self?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a fairly wide variety of favourite foods, both sweet and savoury, though I tend to balance things out and alternate from one to the other - especially when snacking. I'm a 1.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't vote, as I felt the options available were too limited.

I'm a 5w6. Love spicy food [often mix fish or chicken w/fresh veggies & douse all kinds of spicy seasonings on 'em], but I also like the sweetness from fresh fruits. And chocolate--the darker the better. My favorite kind is this chili-infused dark chocolate made by Lindt. I also count coffee as food.

I'm not sure how related type is to food preference, though.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been a snacker/indulger when it comes to food; it's not a weakness of mine. Also, don't really have a sweet tooth; don't particularly like candy. I DO however love dark chocolate and oatmeal raison cookies. Also various rich desserts (flourless chocolate cakes, some cheesecake) - but, I don't 'have' to have any of it daily, or anything like that. I just thoroughly enjoy them when I do have them.

As for cuisine, I don't think there's a whole lot I *don't* like, other than not being much interested in heavily fried foods or bratwurst/sausages (I wouldn't do well in Germany) as a main course. Most cuisines from around the world I really like, though; probably because I find it much more rich in flavor, and also a lot healthier. Indian, Thai, middle eastern, italion, vietnamese, turkish, greek, ethiopian, Pizza (ha! It's its own cuisine!)...love it all. Good bread, cheese, legumes, soups, pastas, stirfries, curries, seafood dishes.. nomnom. :smile:

I
Love spicy food..... but I also like the sweetness from fresh fruits. And chocolate--the darker the better.

Agree. Your mention of fruits does remind me that I like a good cobbler/ apple or berry pie, though.

I'm not sure how related type is to food preference, though.

:laugh: Agree.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't vote, as I felt the options available were too limited.

Pretty much. But that would be difficult to cover everything. I do think things like depression would have you eating savory food over sweets though.

Also seeing only type 6/savory is interesting. Maybe sweets would overwork their anxiety :thinking:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm, regardless of mood, my combinations of sweet & spicy tend to be the same. I'm very selective about my food to the point of neurosis, in general, though. Under stress or a depressed state, I tend to not eat at all- I don't think to/feel hungry.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love both savory and sweet foods. I guess I prefer savory slightly more and I am a 5. So the theory works for me.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sweet > Savory >> Spicy
Apparent enneagram 3 (actual unknown)

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The head types seem to like savory more...interesting. It's definitely got something on the nerves.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I actually like both, depending on my mood.

I think the food cravings mentioned in that article all can be boiled down to the need to feed to the dopamine reward circuitry. Massive oversimplification, of course.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, and I hear extroverts in general tend to lead 'happier' lives. Not sure if that's quite true though

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, and I hear extroverts in general tend to lead 'happier' lives. Not sure if that's quite true though

I guess depending on your definition of what happiness is XD

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love sweets. When I get older if I don't cut it down I'm going to get massively fat and look like a pumpkin due to my shortness and proclivity of wearing orange.

S

Stansmith

Sweets make me feel a bit jittery.

Last edited: