• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What's your trifix

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] doesn't believe in trifix, but I think his is 6w7>8w7>3w2 Sx/So (the Id 6)

Actually I'm reconsidering Sx/Sp for myself.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, what makes you think that?

I've been told several times that I looked like Sx/Sp celebrities like Gael Garcial Bernal, Wolverine or Ville Vallo, even like Sp/Sx celebrities like Corey Haim or Rafael Nadal, I have been surprised to find myself similar with Sx/Sp like Jim Morrison or Alain Delon, and, abve all, Ozzy Osbourne. I don't think I've ever been compared with some Sx/So people.

I find strong similarites between me and 6w5 Sx/So like Charles Bukowski, Sandra Benhard, Tupac or Hitler, but It's not exactly that and I think I'm definetly more a 6w7 anyway. I feel strongly similar with 6w7 Sx/So like Axl Rose, Milla Jovovich, Catwoman, Gollum or Ann Coulter, but Corey Haim is 6w7 Sp/Sx and Gael Garcia Bernal is 7w6 Sx/Sp, I think I may be between theses three variant and be 6w7 Sx/Sp after all. I suppose a Sx 6 can identify with the oppostit Sx 6 variant anyway.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told several times that I looked like Sx/Sp celebrities like Gael Garcial Bernal, Wolverine or Ville Vallo, even like Sp/Sx celebrities like Corey Haim or Rafael Nadal, I have been surprised to find myself similar with Sx/Sp like Jim Morrison or Alain Delon, and, abve all, Ozzy Osbourne. I don't think I've ever been compared with some Sx/So people.
I find strong similarites between me and 6w5 Sx/So like Charles Bukowski, Sandra Benhard, Tupac or Hitler, but It's not exactly that and I think I'm definetly more a 6w7 anyway. I feel strongly similar with 6w7 Sx/So like Axl Rose, Milla Jovovich, Catwoman, Gollum or Ann Coulter, but Corey Haim is 6w7 Sp/Sx and Gael Garcia Bernal is 7w6 Sx/Sp, I think I may be between theses three variant and be 6w7 Sx/Sp after all. I suppose a Sx 6 can identify with the oppostit Sx 6 variant anyway.

looking at the instincts individually, do you relate more to Sp or So? which area are you the most deficient in?

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

How does a person "look" like a variance type?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally got around to looking into the trifixes. (These are what ultimately set aside my attempt to integrate the Enneagram with the similar sounding APS temperament system, and by extension, to MBTI temperament/Interaction Style, since I see these types are set very differently. Like there's no blends between types in the same triad).

These are what resonated with me (From PerC):

458 – The Scholar Archetype

The 845 is the somewhat introverted, intelligent, headstrong, detached, hyper introspective problem solver with strategic thinking and emotional astuteness.

the 468 is a true challenger and truth teller. The 4 may be shy but this Tritype is very intense and reactive--quick to speak their mind.
The 468, however, is more dutiful and feisty whereas the 458 is one of the tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

The 458 is more openly emotional and expressive. The 548 is more mental and reserved...like the difference between 4 and 5. Both are intuitive thinkers and tend to be introverted. They are intellectuals that take action when they feel strongly about something. Others are always surprised when the 8 appears as this tritype appears quiet.

A couple of distinctions...The 458 is more emotionally expressive than the 548. The content can be very different. The 458 is more inclined to talk about their feelings about a subject of interest whereas the 548 will be more reserved and speak about tinteresting facts about a subject. The energy of the 458 is focused on the analysis of their feelings first whereas the 548 is focused on the analysis of the information first.

the 548 tritype is the 5 most likely to appear 4-ish.

I think that 458 tritype could be mis-typed as 5, but this is much less likely than a 548 being mis-typed as a 4. It is double reactivity and resultant emotional intensity/volatility of having 4 and 8 together that clashes with the 5, even when 5 is core.

While a 5-4-8 is likely to be an intellectual narcissist, I think any criticism that they are unable to change or adjust their view is the opposite of the case because there is an intense self-criticism as well. Change and flux are constant.

first, because 5-4-8's are unlikely to think in systems (which you've now agreed with), and second, because of their sensitivity to inconsistency, constant self-criticism and tendency to change positions.
I think there is an element of truth in the description though, in that 5-4-8's can be wilfully perverse and too arrogant to accept criticism from others. But they are likely to outwardly repudiate that criticism, and then later modify their views accordingly rather than stubbornly retain their original position.

5-4-8's are subject to rapid oscillations of emotion and thought, equally capable of preternatural strength and weakness of mind at any given moment. One minute an angel, the next a cruel tyrant. A lot of love and a lot of hate. Exquisitely sensitive but all too capable of cruelty and callousness to others. One wants to know, in a totalizing and essential fashion, know poetically but know precisely as well, but never quite gets there.

We are paradox-mongers, live in metaphor, and are always trying to find new ways to say and see things (and hence are often pretentious) - i.e. iconoclasts - but can be as pedantic, systematic and anally analytical as anyone - i.e. using our 5-ness to beat others at their own games when they have underestimated us as loose, kooky or not with it.
5-4-8's have a predisposition to religion and philosophy, especially pessimistic and melancholic strains, but a commensurate disappointment with the lack of answers that satisfy us and a concomitant melancholy.

I think our tritype is especially gifted with calling it’s fundamental beliefs into constant question. You’ve got 4’s emphasis on self-creation and thus change, the 5’s emphasis on clear perception, innovation, curiosity, and the 8 that confronts and challenges. There is always a readiness to undermine ourselves with an aim at change, but shows us what crap each construct we hold at every stage of growth really is and there is always the correct suspicion that whatever construct we hold in the present is simply a construction.]

5-4-8: more reactive and temperamental, such Fives find it harder to control their emotions than other tritypes. They are basically sensitive, reclusive and ingenious, occasionally indulging in (romantic) day-dreams and fantasies, but once in a while their fierce, visceral side reveals itself explosively and gets to surprise people who don’t know them well. These Fives are usually selfish and whimsical, considering themselves entitled to special treatment which they will sometimes claim aggressively. They are prone to mood swings and rage outbursts.

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.

468 – The Truth Teller Archetype

469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive.

The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

So, using the wings (whee we could presumably get those unblendable types in the fix), it looks like 5w6-4w5-9w8, 5w6-4w5-8w9 or 6w5-4w5-9w8

Tomb1

I recommend it because it presents a different way to model trifix on an operational/theoretical level but does so in easy to understand language.

I think that's more fun than only having one option to choose from.

Burger King

My guess is 4-6-1 for myself.

I relate to the triple self-criticism/hesitance that's often attributed to this combination. High standards for myself and for others. There's also an inner asshole, a "you dumbass why don't you figure it out for yourself," that I try to quell. The only thing holding it back is potential hypocrisy.

Porsche

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my tritype is 9w8-4w5-5 sp/sx (INTJ) (RLOEI primary reserved)

The contemplative philosopher type, who has all the withdrawn cards in enneagram, instinctual stacking, and MBTI, and SLOAN, making me a 'very' introverted person, original, emotional, shy, reserved, knowledgeable, intellectual, accepting, and approachable. All about 'depthness' I guess.

B

brainheart

The Visionary – 147
-Diligent/Ethical
-Intuitive/Original
-Innovative/Positive
-You are passionate and idealistic. You want to make a difference in the world and see the many possible approaches to different situations. Perfectionistic, you strive to create the standards that improve lives.

That description is pretty right on. It also sounds very social instinct to me. I wonder if social last 147s would see it the same way.

Oh, and [MENTION=13911]Tomb1[/MENTION]'s way got it right for me, too.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I can tell about myself, 4w5-6w5-9w1. I feel pretty sure about it but I'd be up for other ideas.

I would love to know.

Tentatively 953 or 954. PerC test says 3w2-5w6-9w1 but meh.