• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mbtienneagramcorrelatio.jpg

I've seen so many terrible correlation charts, that I decided to make my own when I was totally sure. I tried to make the colors as clear as possible for differentiation.

Keep in mind that this is open to change, but I'd say in general that this is my opinion, and not much of this will change. Hope this helps you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow BC, thats a lot of work. *is impressed* I thought you were going to be questioning your type in this thread which would have made me confused as you helped me with my own enneagram. Phew! You seem to be getting this down to a science.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]
interesting! but I have many disagreements
- none of the graph should be white
- ENTJ 1w2s are more common than ENTJ 1w9s
- same with ESTJ (1w9s tend to be more introverted)
- ENFP 3s are not that common, I'd say blue would be more accurate
- I would say INFP 4w5 should be green and INFP 4w3 should be blue.
- the reverse of ISFP
- for ISFP, INFP and ISFJ, 6w7 should be red
- for ISTJ, INTJ and INTP, 6w5 should be red
- 9 is MUCH more common than that, 9w1 is very common for ISFPs and 9w8 is probably blue for INFPs
- 8w9 is not common for ESTP, it should be blue
- 7w8 should be blue for ENFP (I'm uncommon damn it!)
- 3w4 should be less common for some than 3w2. it is less common overall

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], I just repped you but then noticed that you had 6w5/6w7 as common for all types.

Interesting - not sure I've seen that before. (Maybe for a lot of types but not all?) I would probably agree that 6 is common/likely for all types, but not necessarily that both wings are common for all types.

I agree that some correlations are extremely unusual/unlikely (ie. 8w7 for an INFP or 5w6 for an ESFP) but I'm not sure if any correlations are "never"/impossible. I haven't made my mind up about this yet.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]
some examples of people who would fit into a white square:
- Neil Diamond: INFP 2w3 Sx/Sp
- Julia Child: ENTP 2w1 Sp/So (I think)
- David Bowie: ISFP, INFP or INFJ 3w4 Sx/So (they're all white)
- Kenny G: ISTJ 3w2 Sp/Sx
- Bill Gates: ENTJ 5w6 Sp/So
- Christopher Robin: INFP 7w6 Sp/Sx (okay, he's fictional, but there are plenty of real boys with that personality type)
- Sean Penn: INFP 8w7 Sx/Sp
- George Washington: ISTJ 8w7 Sp/So
- Martin Luther King Jr: ENFJ or INFJ 8w9 Sx/So
- Ronald Reagan: ENFJ 9w8 So/Sx
- Kate Beckinsale: ISFP 9w1 Sx/Sp

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
E6 needs more detials. There is no way that all types have exactly the same chance of being a 6. (especially if wings are in the mix)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E6 needs more detials. There is no way that all types have exactly the same chance of being a 6. (especially if wings are in the mix)

this (EFJ 6w5s for example are not going to be very common)

Tomb1

- Neil Diamond: INFP 2w3 Sx/Sp -don't remember him
- Julia Child: ENTP 2w1 Sp/So (I think) -Child is a 9w1 sp/so with a 2w1 fix.
- David Bowie: ISFP, INFP or INFJ 3w4 Sx/So (they're all white) -Bowie is a classic 4w3 sp/sx
- Kenny G: ISTJ 3w2 Sp/Sx -don't remember him
- Bill Gates: ENTJ 5w6 Sp/So -good
- Christopher Robin: INFP 7w6 Sp/Sx (okay, he's fictional, but there are plenty of real boys with that personality type)
- Sean Penn: INFP 8w7 Sx/Sp -no...Penn is 8w9 sx/sp
- George Washington: ISTJ 8w7 Sp/So -this is a pretty bad typing imho...Washington is a 1w9 sp/so.
- Martin Luther King Jr: ENFJ or INFJ 8w9 Sx/So -King is an 8w9 so/sp

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, awesome. This is a great idea!

[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], I just repped you but then noticed that you had 6w5/6w7 as common for all types.

Interesting - not sure I've seen that before. (Maybe for a lot of types but not all?) I would probably agree that 6 is common/likely for all types, but not necessarily that both wings are common for all types.

I agree that some correlations are extremely unusual/unlikely (ie. 8w7 for an INFP or 5w6 for an ESFP) but I'm not sure if any correlations are "never"/impossible. I haven't made my mind up about this yet.

this (EFJ 6w5s for example are not going to be very common)

Yeah... true that 6s are common across types, but I feel like it sort of does everyone a disservice to blanket it like that.

IMO -

INFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare
ISFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare
INFJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common
ISFJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common
ENFP - 6w7 common ; 6w5 rare
ESFP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare
ESFJ - 6w7 common; 6w5 rare
ENFJ - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 uncommon
INTP - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common
ISTP - 6w7 very common; 6w5 very common
INTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common
ISTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 very common
ENTP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare
ESTP - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 rare
ENTJ - 6w7 rare; 6w5 rare
ESTJ - 6w7 uncommon; 6w5 common

Those would be my guesses, at least.

I agree with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] that probably nothing should be white...

Last edited:

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Wasn't Jackie Onassis an INFP 3w4? And I remember reading somewhere that the Penguin from the Batman series was an ENTJ 4w3, though I'm not sure how true that is.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drats! In the commons!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting... I'll have to look into 9w8 because I always tested as a 9w1... Admittedly, every enneagram test I've taken I have a hard time with some of the answers to a few questions... I'd post the questions right now, if I could remember them. :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, another exception: my INTP younger brother is a 9w8. :)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[...]

I've seen so many terrible correlation charts, that I decided to make my own when I was totally sure. I tried to make the colors as clear as possible for differentiation.

Keep in mind that this is open to change, but I'd say in general that this is my opinion, and not much of this will change. Hope this helps you guys!

A few disagreements, besides the obvious which is that there should be no white (and if there is, it should be labeled (very rare)):

- INFP should have blue for 2w1, purple for 2w3, blue for 4w3, green for 4w5, blue for 6w5, green for 6w7, blue for 7w6, purple for 7w8, and blue for 9w8.
- ISFP should have green for 4w3, blue for 4w5, purple for 6w5, green for 6w7, blue for 7w6, purple for 7w8, blue for 8w9, and green for 9w1
- INTP should have purple for 1w9 and 1w2, green for 6w5, purple for 6w7, and purple for 9w8
- ISTP should have blue for 3w2 and 3w4, green for 5w4, blue for 6w7, green for 9w8, and purple for 9w1
- INFJ should have red for 4w5, and blue for 6w7
- INTJ should have red for 6w5, purple for 6w7, and blue for 8w7
- ISFJ should have blue for 1w9, green for 1w2, red for 2w1 and 2w3, green for 3w2, purple for 3w4, purple for 4w3 and 4w5, and blue for 6w5
- ISTJ should have green for 1w9, blue for 1w2, blue for 3w2 and 3w4, green for 5w6, red for 6w5, blue for 6w7, and blue for 8w7
- ENFP should have blue for 3w2 and 3w4, blue for 6w5, and red for 6w7
- ENTP should have green for 3w2 and 3w4, blue for 6w5, blue for 8w7, and purple for 9w8
- ESFP should have green for 3w2, blue for 3w4, purple for 6w5, and purple for 8w7 and 8w9
- ESTP should have green for 3w4, purple for 5w4 and 5w6, purple for 6w5, blue for 6w7, blue for 7w6, and green for 8w7 and 8w9
- ENFJ should have blue for 9w8 and green for 9w1
- ESFJ should have green for 1w2, blue for 1w9, blue for 3w4, purple for 4w3 and 4w5, blue for 6w5, red for 6w7, blue for 9w8, and green for 9w1
- ENTJ should have blue for 1w9 and 1w2, blue for 6w5, and purple for 6w7
- ESTJ should have blue for 1w9 and 1w2, blue for 2w3, blue for 5w6, red for 6w7, and green for 8w9

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm curious about people who say that every MBTI type can be any enneagram type. I used to believe that, but now I'm not so sure. For example, does anyone have a real life example of an ESFJ 5 or a Te dominant 9?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will get some responses going once I stop having technical difficulties on my side... (Am not using my computer at the moment)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious about people who say that every MBTI type can be any enneagram type. I used to believe that, but now I'm not so sure. For example, does anyone have a real life example of an ESFJ 5 or a Te dominant 9?

Well, Glycerine is an ENFJ 5. :laugh:

Some weird combinations I know:
- Two INFP 8s
- Two ENFP 8s
- Two INTP 7s

Completely coincidental that they are all in pairs of twos, by the way. :laugh: