• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How wrong have you been? LOL!

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think I may be a 6w7 instead of 4w3. Yup. It kinda sucks when I consider how much I've written in e-gram threads about the 4w3 qualities and problems and <insert Charlie Brown telephone> whawhawah.

I don't like appearing wishy-washy because when others do this (sometimes on a weekly or daily basis) it tends to erode my trust in others self-perceptions (including my own, obviously) - NOTHING against people who are still seeking.

Anyhow, my question to you is:

Have you previously mistyped yourself?
How long did this mistyping occur?
Why do you think you mistyped?
Are you confidant in your typing now?

And to anyone that has followed my posts and picked up on e-gram leanings.. feel free to PM me with what you've observed.

Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated. =)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
4w3 and 6w7 is a common mistyping. I wouldn't worry so much if I were you. We are wrong then we learn and become right.

Anyone who judges you for making mistakes while you were learning is a fool themselves. I trust a person more who admits to being wrong, and can then show you how they learned the right answer.

The wisest man realizes how little he knows. The man who clings to the wrong answer just so he can say his answer has always been consistent is the truly ignorant person.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I may be a 6w7 instead of 4w3. Yup. It kinda sucks when I consider how much I've written in e-gram threads about the 4w3 qualities and problems and <insert Charlie Brown telephone> whawhawah.

I don't like appearing wishy-washy because when others do this (sometimes on a weekly or daily basis) it tends to erode my trust in others self-perceptions (including my own, obviously) - NOTHING against people who are still seeking.

And to anyone that has followed my posts and picked up on e-gram leanings.. feel free to PM me with what you've observed.

There was just the one month when I thought I was a 4w5. It turns out this is a common mistyping of the 5w4. But it was a beneficial mistyping. It enabled me to strongly identify with some negative aspects of the 4 which were causing me mental difficulties at the time. By thus identifying with them, I was able to see through them and reduce their impact on my life.

I've read on some forum that the unhealthy side of the 4 is the worst part of the enneagram, and I can wholeheartedly agree with that. I would far rather be diagnosed as the downside of any other type, such as the unhealthy 3 who is very unaware of his mental situation and is even encouraged by it. The 4, on the other hand, is plagued with too much self-awareness and self-consciousness. Where the unhealthy 3s will traipse unselfconsciously and with utmost self-confidence into any social situation, the unhealthy 4s feel as if they are soul-damaged, misunderstood beings, and believe that all eyes are glaring balefully into the very depths of their souls and can thus detect every fault. You cannot even begin to fathom, as a non-4, the profound discomfort caused by this cognitive error.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I may be a 6w7 instead of 4w3. Yup.

I never thought otherwise about your etype. It's just that most people come around on their own and so I often don't argue. There are some mistyped individuals on this forum whom I have argued with about their type, but it really doesn't matter because they aren't doing anything practical with this information anyway.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you've got nothing on me lol
I've thought I was
- 1w9
- 3w4
- 4w3
- 7w6
- 8w9
and 9w8

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've thought I have been 7w8 and 5w6, also 3w4 and 9w8. Basically the points in contact with Type 6. I also identified strongly with 4 and 8, even if I knew intuitively that I was not that, I had a hard time to see the differences with 6.

Also I thought I was 6w5, but I don't think so.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
which makes you a great judger of other people's enneagram types...
you've got nothing on me lol
I've thought I was
- 1w9
- 3w4
- 4w3
- 7w6
- 8w9
and 9w8

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've thought I have been 7w8 and 5w6, also 3w4 and 9w8. Basically the points in contact with Type 6. I also identified strongly with 4 and 8, even if I knew intuitively that I was not that, I had a hard time to see the differences with 6.

Also I thought I was 6w5, but I don't think so.

being an Se dom and Sx/So (and given your personality on the forum) it makes a lot of sense you would mistype as 7w8 (even now, I don't see much outwardly 6 about you, it must be much more internal)

G

garbage

The only types I've taken seriously are 3w4, 6w5, and 5w6. I'm pretty sure that 3w4 is me at my neurophysiologically healthiest, when medications have actually done their job. My condition comes with bouts of doubt, reclusion, lack of energy, and existential crises. And since I've only been on treatment that works for the past.. six months, I've been unsure for a while.

Turns out that, when that's out of the way, 3 is a damn good fit. At its core, it's a better fit for me than any other type in any typoological system.

Though, I leave room for the fact that I might be wrong.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
being an Se dom and Sx/So (and given your personality on the forum) it makes a lot of sense you would mistype as 7w8 (even now, I don't see much outwardly 6 about you, it must be much more internal)

His defensiveness and fire. Look at Marm and me, we both have it too. Sx and 6 do that together, apparently.

:laugh: I have been right there too. Embarrassing, but kind of exciting when you realize things are clicking into place when they didn't quite before.

Yes, as an INFP in the MBTI system and as a 7w6 and 3w4/4w3 on the enneagram.

I thought I was INFP from the time I took my first informal MBTI in like 8th grade to my 2nd year of college, when I finally bothered to learn more about the system and discovered myself as an ENFP.

As for the enneagram, maybe a span of several months floating in type limbo - it was always easier to identify what I am not (1, 2, 5, 8, 9) than what I am. I'm still not 100% confident that I'm a w7 over w5. I definitely have some 5 in me.

For what it's worth, I think I also just recently realized that I might be tritype 648 instead of 649, like I had initially thought. But I have to delve much more into that to decide.

Enneatype is often hard to identify, I think because it's something the ego tries to "hide" from one to protect oneself. It's essentially defining your defense mechanisms, and those won't be as iron-clad if you can readily break them down theoretically. That's my preliminary thought on it, anyway. And it's just not something you really want to think about - the way in which you're constantly screwing yourself over.

As for me personally, 6 was a tricky conclusion. I didn't see it at first... I didn't even consider it at first. I didn't think of myself as a "loyalist" and I didn't associate with the hard-working, responsible, dutiful, suspicious type. That was in part because I didn't understand the "core" of the type, which is instability... and part because I was blind to my own traits because I'd only been in certain situations. I've been in my current job for a year now, and I have seen the hard-working and responsible and loyal side of myself emerge: hard-working because I like the certainty of everything being done and done well; responsible because I have a strong innate understanding of how I screw over the group and thereby myself if I don't pull my own weight; dutiful because I want to be good; loyal because I am idealistic; suspicious because I am anxious about losing my job or good schedule or position of respect.

I am very confident that I am a 6 and sexual-first. In fact, I'm more sure I'm sexual-first than 6. I am moderately assured that I am a 6w7 and sx/so.

One trait that did help to clue me in to 6 was my indecision - not because of 9ish complacency, but because of 6ish overanalysis. That overanalysis is a pretty solid clue, too - 6 is totally, totally about overthinking. Way too much mental processing. Defensiveness was another - if you look at my posts, they generally tend towards the analytic side, I feel (good indication of a head type), but I would launch into all-out Te attack mode when threatened. I am definitely a reactive type - things in my external world change me internally more than vice versa. That's the 4, 6, 8 group - we use our mental energy primarily to respond, moment-to-moment, to the external world - whereas the 2, 7, 9 group tries to harness their mental energy to create positivity while the 1, 3, 5 group tries to employ mental energy become competent in specific areas.

Really, for me, 3 was out of the question because I have never been that much of an external action person. I am much more of a thinker first, and I derive more satisfaction and stability from my thoughts than from my actions. I do seek external validation, but it's not my primary tactic to protect myself - retreating into my head is. And 3, 6, and 9 are all technically approval-seeking types, but 3 seeks it for validation; 6 for protection; 9 for harmony. I have strong innate internal confidence in my self as a person and do not seek that externally, which makes 3 unlikely. 4 is probably the most likely second, but again, I'm more of a thinker than a feeler, in terms of the enneagram. If I have a problem, I don't tend to amplify emotions to sort it out - I tend to dive into analysis. That was really confusing because as an ENFP, Fi aux, I do have the "drowning in emotion" syndrome and as Ne-Fi and a very visual person I do have the tendency to cultivate certain emotional atmospheres for the sake of aesthetics, but I do not associate so much with focusing on the idea that something is fundamentally wrong with me (isn't something fundamentally wrong with everyone?). I also associate more with the 6's levels of health and deterioration.

Last edited:

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For enneagram, I have always thought I was a 6. I took a test (just to get myself started; I don't ultimately trust them as definitive), and it said I was a 5 closely followed by 6. I read both of the descriptions, and while the 5 description fit me about 50%, the 6 description just sent chills down my spine. I've read about 6's more closely, and read about all the other enneagram types, and I'm so 6 it's not funny. I'm more convinced I'm 6 than I am that I'm INFJ, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm INFJ. I picked out the quote I use in my signature before I read about the enneagram, and when I put my sig together with both, I laughed because the quote went with my enneagram so well!

For MBTI, I used to think I was an INTJ, but I'm clearly not, lol.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I used to type as INTJ. The fact that quite a few people here type me as ISFJ leads me to think that might have been kind of a big miscalculation.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I never had any super-serious doubts about my MBTI type. I do wonder sometimes, but all in all, I'm confident that I'm an ENFP.

In terms of enneagram, it took me a while to get typed correctly. In fact, I didn't like the system for a long time because I didn't think that any of the types fit me. I eventually read an extended article of how 4w3's get mistyped and fell in love with the enneagram. I was considering being a 7 or 3, but none of those really stuck.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's nothing to be ashamed of - sixes come in so many flavors that the typing is usually hard. Fwiw, I think you sound more like an En 6w7.

I'm pretty confident in my typing, and I don't think I've ever mistyped myself. The fact that the internet is full of Enneagram 5 INTPs helped me a lot, as I was able to compare myself with a lot of people.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to type as INTJ. The fact that quite a few people here type me as ISFJ leads me to think that might have been kind of a big miscalculation.

For MBTI, I used to think I was an INTJ, but I'm clearly not, lol.

I think that 6 impacts our MBTI, as Fs... makes us more reserved and forward-looking and analytical. More ITJish. I know that I am very different from 7w8 and 2w3 ENFPs.

Within

Permabanned
When I first took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator I scored as an INTP.

A month or something, I think.

The creator of that simplistic test was too ambiguous on the matters of planning and spontaneity.

Yeah, if there's anything that I'm ambivalent about it's about my Enneagram type. I can't really decide upon if I'm a 5w6 or 6w5. It changes with my current state of mind.

I self-typed as a 4w5 for a long time because that's what the tests always tell me I am. I'm definitely not a 4w5.