• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Time to Type?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'll be 17 in less than a month, and I haven't been on the forums for a long time. But the enneagram always manages to pop back into my life. Anyway, I feel like I'm growing into myself which made me wonder: I'm still fairly young, so when would it be an appropriate time to type yourself? When does your personality crystalize? Thank you :)

G

Glycerine

When you're the least stressed and enjoying life the most. When you don't think you are trying to rationalise your behavior to fit into a certain box.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
When you're the least stressed and enjoying life the most. When you don't think you are trying to rationalise your behavior to fit into a certain box.

I dunno about that, I think given the nature of the enneagram, the best time may be when you're having a hissy fit... or at least, right after you've calmed down from a hissy fit, one that you have quite commonly and is almost irrelevant to external factors. The enneagram identifies a core insecurity within us, so in my mind, the best time to find yur e-type is when you're most aware of your insecurities.

G

Glycerine

Possibly but stress also clouds the judgment on how one truly is sometimes. Not stressed and enjoying life can typically help us figure what we are about.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You know, I wonder if the reason why some people want to fit into a box so much is that they feel secure. I know that, as a probable 6, I feel more secure knowing what my type is, so that I can handle myself better because I know what the root of the problem usually is.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that typing/personality tests could give you some good ideas when younger, but overall you'll have a more accurate idea if you look closely at what type you might be only after you're at least 20, or even 25. People just change so so much from 17-25.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think our enneatype is fixed at 5/7 years old. That's a right time to be typed.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
7 because by then your mind has developed but has not yet been conditioned by society.