• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

1w2 vs. 1w9?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm thinking I'm a one now when I checked the differences between that and three. I realized what I wrote in one of my latest blog entries. I have an idealism for people to change for the better and I want my mark left on the world. (both 1 and 3 for that last part)

In my family I often want to have the you should do what I'm saying because I'm right and it's efficient rather than "be like me guys"

Maybe that's why I confuse myself as an INTJ is because really, I'm an INFJ 1.

I know Hard has vehemently disagreed with me being a 1 in the past. I also understand some people are like the you do you mentality.

What brought this up: Every time I do homework, I always feel like I'm doing homework the "wrong" way so I don't do it out of some irrational pride but waiting to the last minute and I somehow excuse myself for not doing it completely right because it wasn't the "true" me doing it. Sounds like disintegrating to 4 right?

I'm sorry guys. :(

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] that sounds like being a normal 4. Disintegrating to 4 is much more severe than that. I agree with [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] -- 4w3 is the only type that has ever made sense for you IME.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] that sounds like being a normal 4. Disintegrating to 4 is much more severe than that. I agree with [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] -- 4w3 is the only type that has ever made sense for you IME.

Yeah it's nasty. His example with homework is (not to sound rude/belittling, not the intent) pretty garden variety and experienced by many people, and the bit over not feeling like "true you" is very 4-ish. Being the "true you" is really just not experienced by 1's. We really don't care about that.

I have seen Forever display multiple examples of disinegrating to 2. It's pretty clear.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah it seems that [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] while they seem to make the world a better place it's not some self focused image [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] if you read their blogs it doesn't seem their too worried about conveying some ideal but more like they want to make sense (and who doesn't) it's like the way the want to achieve perfection is outward while it seems like you want to achieve it inward feel free to correct me [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]. 2

edit: i don't mean appearance wise but rather their surroundings like i can't explain sorry because it's not neccerly their surroundings.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I still do. I see almost no 1 traits in you. I'd be willing to bet money that you are 4w3.

Add one more to the list. His posting style doesn't look like e1 at all.
Integration to 1? Ok. But core 1 ? Nope.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Since the thread is resurrected ...

Someone may have already made a thread about this, but I haven't found it, so... What are the main differences between 1w2 and 1w9?

As I understand it, here are some of the differences:

1w9: More reserved, more level-headed, universal/cosmic idealism, less confrontational, misanthropic tendencies
1w2: Friendlier, always wanting to be helpful, hands-on action-based idealism, more evangelical (in terms of ideas and right/wrong)

But I'm sure there's more to it than that!

(Some of my reasoning behind making this thread is that I relate to a little of both, and I'm not sure if my 1w2 typing is correct. But please don't limit this thread to just my typing!)

That sounds about right as general difference.

1w9s:
Can have an aura of 9-like calm although eruptions of temper are possible.
Often have a detached quality and can be mistaken for Fives.
Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength.
When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations.
More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet.
May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what.
Can be merciless or unwittingly cruel.
Often a little colorless in their personal appearance.
Plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle.
Practicality is highly valued.

I don't see forum's 1w2s fit this that well.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
1w2s are more prone to saing th animals has feelings and have hippie tendecys more flexible and will bend the rules from time to time
1w9s are kind of stuck up,but loyal and has a secret craving of drama and they are more by the book

SiriuslyMcGonagall

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yep, the stuff you said about 1w9 is very accurate about me, I am an ESTJ with 1w9.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Simplistic example but ....

1w2

1w9

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the core of 1, 9, and 8 as the gut triad is there's a sense in which they 'repress' the fears associated to the other two triads (9 is the most direct, it is self-forgetting/numbing in a sense). If the anxiety triad sees the world as foreign, the heart triad seems to want to find a place in it, so almost the reverse direction. And these tensions meet at 4 and 5.

1w9 is a completely gut triad type. 1w2 has some of the heart triad in it. As a result, the 1's quest for perfection is closer to the 2's image concerns/worthiness concerns.

There is a sense in which 9's "the boat shouldn't be rocked" combines with 1, so that there's a strong sense of idealism, like "this is just how things must be, and then there's peace, because things are as they must be."

After all, the best way to fall asleep/not have to rock the boat a-la 9 is for there to be nothing worth changing . The only such state is the ideal.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I don't present like most 1w2s maybe, but this description would definitely push me towards 1w2 more than 1w9. If I'm not a 1, I think I'd be a 2w1.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[Enneagram Type 1] Enneatype 1 and wings.

That description of the 1w2 is so spot on, wow. I was reading and chuckling a little bit about how fitting this all is while reading it. Never have read a description of my E- or MBTI-type that was as spot on as this one.

Anyway, it helped clearing up for me what the differences are between 1w9 and 1w2. I find it very astonishing how different this two types come across in real life. At least that has been my impression so far.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] You come across as a 1w2 to me, but I have not had too much contact with you, so ... my assessment may be very shallow.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As for this. 1s use to be the only core type that I found the hardest to type but the differences between these two can be pretty extreme sometimes.

The 1w9
Seeks refinement+peace at all costs.
They come off as suppressed+airy in interaction.
The 1w9s tend to be more keeping score, if they are really giving. It isn't their natural state to be really giving like 2s or 2 wingers.
They will find it very hard to make others listen to their ideals due to their ideals often being very unrealistic.

The 1w2
Seeks refinement+lovability at all costs.
They come off as suppressed+enticing in conversation.
They may see themselves as extreme givers.
They know how to make others listen due to that 2 wing. They can sometimes be like the classic cult leader type.

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1w9s tend to be colder fish, less influenced by pre-existing dogmas and closer in fit to the classic type A personality.

1w2s usually have more common sense/practical-mindedness, volunteer themselves a lot for stuff, and ground their idealism in empathetic connections.

Yup, pretty accurate for me (1w2). Been this way all my life!

yeghor

Someone may have already made a thread about this, but I haven't found it, so... What are the main differences between 1w2 and 1w9?

As I understand it, here are some of the differences:

1w9: More reserved, more level-headed, universal/cosmic idealism, less confrontational, misanthropic tendencies
1w2: Friendlier, always wanting to be helpful, hands-on action-based idealism, more evangelical (in terms of ideas and right/wrong)

But I'm sure there's more to it than that!

(Some of my reasoning behind making this thread is that I relate to a little of both, and I'm not sure if my 1w2 typing is correct. But please don't limit this thread to just my typing!)

1w9: More reserved, more level-headed, universal/cosmic idealism, less confrontational, misanthropic tendencies = INTJ
1w2: Friendlier, always wanting to be helpful, hands-on action-based idealism, more evangelical (in terms of ideas and right/wrong) = INFJ