• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Wimpiest Enneatype

wimpiest enneagram

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 13 21.7%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • none of them

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say 9s may appear to be externally wimpy (and I am a 9). So since the OP said "externally", I guess 9s have my vote.

But also, to defend myself and my fellow 9s, it's not that we always really are wimpy (though we can be), it's just that I have a high tolerance for things. Peace/No drama/conflict has a high value for me. But if something or someone really steps on my boundaries, you'll be sure they'll hear of it -- and may be a little more careful next time. :)

KDude

Volatile Vulcan vs Happy ESFJ

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlv_02fRyY]/[/youtube]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say 9s may appear to be externally wimpy (and I am a 9). So since the OP said "externally", I guess 9s have my vote.

But also, to defend myself and my fellow 9s, it's not that we always really are wimpy (though we can be), it's just that I have a high tolerance for things. Peace/No drama/conflict has a high value for me. But if something or someone really steps on my boundaries, you'll be sure they'll hear of it -- and may be a little more careful next time. :)

That's different, Steph, because you are a 9w8. I don't find 9w8 wimpy.

9w1, on the other side...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fs get a bad rap, simply because there's a "F" in the 4 letters of their type. It's not always that simple. Hell, I'll use myself as a sign that I'm a more volatile person than the typical EFJ. I don't care if it doesn't look cool. If it helps shatter stereotypes, fine with me. The last physical conflict I got in was probably with an ESFJ. I was at a party, and like most parties, I find someone specific to talk to, and stay on the sidelines. There was a girl I was speaking with on a couch, and this other guy I knew was sticking his head over the couch, being lively, and trying to get us involved. I'm sure most people liked him, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I also suck at signaling proper ways to talk to people like this. They never go away easily.

Anyways, he came back two more times, and I just about had it. I resorted to my own way of creating an "affect", got up, slowly moved him towards a wall, and then choked him until he was red. I ruined the party and everyone left afterwards. The only emotionally volatile person in the end was me. Fe doms are intense and maybe annoying... but not volatile. If you want volatile, talk to someone who finds it easier to manuever people strictly with their Senses, rather than Fe, and values their own physical comfort levels above all else.

That said, I wouldn't say all TPs would handle it like me either. I bet anything they think about it more though.

I know I'm kind of proving your point with the whole negative feedback loop thing, but I've noticed a lot of ISTP males do this. when they don't like something, they sit there really quietly intense, waiting for it to go away, but they show no signs that they have a problem with things so people just go along with their business, then they overreact, often physical and leave people thinking "what the hell is up with you?" it's like there are two types of problems
- problems requiring physical confrontation
- everything else that can be ignored
of course, all ISTPs aren't like this, but I think it's a tendency of many of them (for most IxTx's conflict resolution is not their strongest point)
also, I should clarify I don't think all Fe users are like that, just when they go off the deep end
Edit: you make a good point about F's. in fact, Fs are often less volatile because we tend to be good (or at least decent) mediators

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*deep sigh* [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I take things that seem negative too seriously.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*deep sigh* [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I take things that seem negative too seriously.

you aren't the first person to be under the false impression I was trying to attack them, no biggie

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's different, Steph, because you are a 9w8. I don't find 9w8 wimpy.

9w1, on the other side...

Yeah I was thinking about that -- you're probably right. I just don't know very many 9w1s so I couldn't say for sure.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this thread was never intended to be serious (I chuckled writing out how my own type was wimpy). it appears I have a knack for thinking extremely controversial things are funny, believing that others will feel the same and then making a thread about it, only to discover that most people do not find controversial conversation topics funny. this was not meant to actually hate on anyone/any type. Bologna, you had the right idea with the "separating theory from people bit"

its hard to be funny when language form used (text) lacks the ability to imply context in a way all could understand.

for example, i did a similar thing on personalitycafe forum, made it super obvious joke,(the kind even s types would have to see it without context through body language.) of course an unhealthy ennea 8 mod seized the moment to ban me for his own pleasure.

people often use the pretend a bit less intellectual as an excuse for immoral actions.

if an intuitives less intellectual mode is when we pretend an avarage person, for an avarage person its outrageous actions like attacking someone physically and throwing an excuse for their action as if it was then acceptable.
like the excuse of being "provoked", when such thing doesnt even exist. one could interpret anything as provoking if it did, and thats precisely what they do..

or using their power otherwise unresponsibly by pretending not knowing is an excuse for irresponsibility.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
aww, fuck him (seriously? he has to be a tyrant on a personality forum to feel in control? if I was looking for a wimpy example of 8, I just found one LOL)

yep, statistically speaking (of my own experience, must i point out the obvious for some people not to rage?) 8 is the most wimpiest of ennea.
all other enneas have some form of self control/restrain, but 8's are total loose cannons just like shane in the walking dead if you watch.
and they seem to gain self control only when at their very healthiest, otherwise better stay away from them.

of course that what you life for affects what your more likely to become, which is why 3's are suspectible to psychopathia for example. and 4's to narcissism. 5's to delusion/biased view. so on.

in other words, 8's long for control but they ultimately exclude self control and thus ironically are left with least self control.
which explains why 8s tend to be so bitter and want to cause pain on others or simply dont care if they do.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yep, statistically speaking (of my own experience, must i point out the obvious for some people not to rage?) 8 is the most wimpiest of ennea.
all other enneas have some form of self control/restrain, but 8's are total loose cannons just like shane in the walking dead if you watch.
and they seem to gain self control only when at their very healthiest, otherwise better stay away from them.

of course that what you life for affects what your more likely to become, which is why 3's are suspectible to psychopathia for example. and 4's to narcissism. so on.

psychopaths are born, not made. (they are genetically different than normal humans and have a completely dysfunctional amygdala)
as for a sociopath, I'd say the most likely types are 3, 7w8 and 8

overall, I view the types at their worst as
1: OCD, hateful bigotry
2: entitled narcissism
3: grandiose narcissism
4: borderline personality, narcissism
5: schizoid
6: OCD
7: histrionic, Peter Pan syndrome
8: anti social personality disorder
9s: schizoid, avoidant personality disorder

Silveresque

Didn't read the whole thread, but I want to add something about 9's. I think they're not necessarily passive out of wimpiness or submissiveness, but because they're easygoing and aren't easily bothered by things. I noticed I seem to have an "Oh, it's fine, I don't mind" attitude, which can sometimes look like submissiveness on the outside I suppose.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't read the whole thread, but I want to add something about 9's. I think they're not necessarily passive out of wimpiness or submissiveness, but because they're easygoing and aren't easily bothered by things. I noticed I seem to have an "Oh, it's fine, I don't mind" attitude, which can sometimes look like submissiveness on the outside I suppose.

a previous quote of mine explains how 9s are wimpy
wrong, 9s are self forgetting and disconnected from their own thoughts and feelings (actually, they're disconnected from just about everything most of the time). healthy 9s become proactive, discover their voice, what they want for themselves, what they want to do and go out and get it, but until then, they are extremely wimpy
PS: accommodating types get on my nerves, but I don't know if I'd call all of them wimpy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When i think of wimpy i think of physically weak. Excessive cerebralism can give way to physical neglect. With these considerations, and the fact that no one has yet picked on e5 .. I think I will have to vote 5's as being the wimpiest type, generally speaking. :D
By this reckoning, Stephen Hawking would be the ultimate wimp. Not bad company to be in, IME. (And there's no such thing as excessive cerebralism.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By this reckoning, Stephen Hawking would be the ultimate wimp. Not bad company to be in, IME. (And there's no such thing as excessive cerebralism.)

there is if it inhibits your life and day to day activities. I would consider myself excessively cerebral actually

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there is if it inhibits your life and day to day activities. I would consider myself excessively cerebral actually
In this case, the person is not excessively cerebral, they are insufficiently [insert other quality here].

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In this case, the person is not excessively cerebral, they are insufficiently [insert other quality here].

if the activity that inhibits the said person's life and day to day activities is cerebral in nature, then that person can be said to be excessively cerebral (this is common among 5s actually. they integrate to 8 when they put this in perspective and aspire to go out into the world and make a difference in their field of study)

KDude

It depends on who you're even trying to please. You could say something inhibits someone's life, but it only really matters if you think there's some ultimate objective to life in the first place. There's probably been at least a trillion people who've walked the earth, and I don't think anyone has a proper grasp of what daily activities really are, or what life is supposed to be. Some people grow up in 1300s Bolivia, have a whore for a mom, and live out their lives as a slave.. and then they die from a flu at the age of 19. Their lives, at first glance, are pretty much meaningless. Everyone wants to pity someone like that, but the thing is, all of our lives pretty much amount to the same thing. You could even be Whitney Houston or Elvis, and die in your bathroom, alone and depressed.

But no one can say that what's internally satisfying except the individual themselves. If someone wants to wank off to string theory all day, more power to them. Why should they have to do something else? If they decide they've had enough, they'll move on their own.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've changed my mind; any type could theoretically be considered wimpy; it depends on definition (of both wimpy and type) and how one percieves them.

KDude

I don't know y'all, type 4 looks pretty wimpy.

Yet he somehow survived 4 years of imprisonment and hard labor in 19th century Siberia, lifelong epilepsy, and mostly a string of professional failures and setbacks. And instead of curling up in a ball of emo bitterness, he said "Life is in ourselves and not in the external. To be a human being among human beings, and remain one forever, no matter what misfortunes befall, not to become depressed, and not to falter--this is what life is, herein lies its task." In the end, he stomped a giant footprint not only on literature, but psychology and philosophy as well. I, for one, am humbled by this particular wimp.