• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Wimpiest Enneatype

wimpiest enneagram

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 13 21.7%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • none of them

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
OMG, I vote for any of the permutations of 2,3, and 4. Otherwise known as the ass-sucking, "please love me" triad, it has produced some of the most spineless behavior I have ever witnessed IRL.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG, I vote for any of the permutations of 2,3, and 4. Otherwise known as the ass-sucking, "please love me" triad, it has produced some of the most spineless behavior I have ever witnessed IRL.

+9000

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have in the past demanded of certain others to know whether they really loved me, but I don't suck ass.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what's OCPD?

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder. It's a common misconception for people to think of OCD in a way that's actually more like OCPD. Since you mentioned a lot of personality disorders in your list, I thought you had confused them.

Here's a link that explains some of the differences. And another one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
psychopaths are born, not made. (they are genetically different than normal humans and have a completely dysfunctional amygdala)
as for a sociopath, I'd say the most likely types are 3, 7w8 and 8

overall, I view the types at their worst as
1: OCD, hateful bigotry
2: entitled narcissism
3: grandiose narcissism
4: borderline personality, narcissism
5: schizoid
6: OCD
7: histrionic, Peter Pan syndrome
8: anti social personality disorder
9s: schizoid, avoidant personality disorder

Actually 6s wouldn't necessarily be OCPD, they may be more likely to have GAD or a panic disorder, or possibly even paranoid personality disorder.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually 6s wouldn't necessarily be OCPD, they may be more likely to have GAD or a panic disorder, or possibly even paranoid personality disorder.

I agree, I see no correlation between 6 and OCPD.

Although, I did for awhile consider that 6 and OCD were linked. Both view the world as a place of uncertainty that they need to guard against. But ultimately, I think they're not because they have completely different origins and view the potential danger as coming from entirely different places.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I agree, I see no correlation between 6 and OCPD.

Although, I did for awhile consider that 6 and OCD were linked. Both view the world as a place of uncertainty that they need to guard against. But ultimately, I think they're not because they have completely different origins and view the potential danger as coming from entirely different places.

Maybe Sp 6 (especially 6w5) correlates more with OCPD (or just obsessive-compulsive traits in general)? I remember reading Sp 1s and Sp 6s can look quite similar...

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe Sp 6 (especially 6w5) correlates more with OCPD (or just obsessive-compulsive traits in general)? I remember reading Sp 1s and Sp 6s can look quite similar...

That could be--I'm not too knowledgeable about sp in general since I'm sp-last, so that might be a blind spot for me.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Truth, GAD. I had panic disorder when I was younger. Paranoia is probably likely for 6 Ni types.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
In order to get a better grip on this, it's necessary to have a more precise grasp of key terms. Up to this point, we have been using the terms "anxiety" and "fear" more or less interchangeably, but at this juncture, it's important to refine our understanding. Fear is always of something definite, of some danger which requires our attention. Fear is the natural and often useful response which we experience in the face of some external threat. It is that which triggers our primal "fight or flight" response.

Anxiety, however, is a truly existential emotion and in order to better understand it, it is perhaps helpful to turn to the existential philosophers who made a point of studying anxiety in all its forms and all its manifestations. Kierkegaard defines anxiety as the "dizziness of freedom" and describes it as the underlying, all pervasive, universal condition of human existence. Anxiety is then, not fear of any one thing, but of the very condition of being conscious and of having to make choices in a world which does not make its meaning or goals transparent to us and which frequently enough seems inimicable to human aspirations and to human existence. It is this more fundamental emotion which most directly characterizes the core emotional state of type Six, not any of the more immediate fears, which often enough are simply place holders in the consciousness of the type Six personality. It is as though the Six feels their anxiety bubbling up to the center of consciousness and then scans the environment for something external to fear; this feared, but potentially manageable thing, can then occupy the Six's attention and avert it from that nameless horror that they sense might exist at the very heart of human existence.

According to A. H. Almaas, the type Six personality most directly experiences and suffers from a loss of "basic trust" in the goodness of the universe. This loss of basic trust is the very condition of fallen existence, and thus attaches to all of the fixations, but Sixes experience it at the very core of their consciousness. And it is this most basic and fundamental emotion which must be dealt with directly and defeated if the Six is to achieve true liberation. It is, like the journeys of all the enneatypes, a true "hero's journey."

Many Sixes succumb to their anxieties and fears. Some of these settle for a simulacra of true courage and attempt to find peace of mind by convincing themselves of the truth of some contrived system of belief. To this end they might surround themselves by a chorus of voices from like-minded others, while projecting their own unacknowledged shadow onto those with whom they disagree. Then there are those Sixes who choose to over identify with the role of "rebel" and adopt a defiant and oppositional stand against whatever exists, which often enough succeeds in sowing little more than negativity.

i think there is a common misconception here. very similar to MBTI's creation of personas.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking as a 9w1...

I am very loathe to pointless or meaningless conflict as it seldomly leads to anything productive and frankly. I'm not likely to get into a fight with some random chest-thumping jackass while I'm out and about because I already know how it will end, regardless of who wins the fight, and I don't particularly care to deal with the consequences.

That being said...if you attack my personal values, I promise you that you will not meet a more stubborn individual. I don't often act but when I do its only because I truly believe that I am right.

I'd like to think that I'm fluid and capable of navigating a lot of harsh situations. Conflict resolution is a very frequent part of my job. But push me into a corner, and I'll make you eat your words about how "wimpy" I may be. I don't like having my inner harmony disrupted, especially by a belligerent who won't leave me alone.

Edit: That being said, I can see why my type might be perceived as being really wimpy.