• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP enneagrams: 7w6 ~ 6w7 ~ 4w3

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I apologize if there's another thread for this that I missed!

I'm an ENFP and unsure of my enneagram. I was quite certain I was a 7w6, but I've begun to second-guess it, based mostly on my energy being "darker" than how a 7 is described. Yet I identify with the core issues of 7 (fleeing from boredom/emptiness and worrying about missing out on something better) and I also identify with the 6s fixations on fear/doubt/suspicion/loyalty.

I suppose I'm not really considering 4w3 as an option, but I am still curious what you all have to say on this particular flavoring of ENFP.

Any opinions or observations on these types and how they relate to the characteristics of the ENFP? Thanks :smile:

Starry

I'm an ENFP and unsure of my enneagram. I was quite certain I was a 7w6, but I've begun to second-guess it, based mostly on my energy being "darker" than how a 7 is described. Yet I identify with the core issues of 7 (fleeing from boredom/emptiness and worrying about missing out on something better) and I also identify with the 6s fixations on fear/doubt/suspicion/loyalty.

I suppose I'm not really considering 4w3 as an option, but I am still curious what you all have to say on this particular flavoring of ENFP.

Any opinions or observations on these types and how they relate to the characteristics of the ENFP? Thanks :smile:

Hello disco. I know you are seeking enneagram input from other ENFPs... Still, I'm almost wondering if you would receive more helpful responses if you asked a mod to move this thread to the enneagram section of the forum. There are quite a few 'enneagram knowledgeable' members that frequent that section...that may not routinely show-up here.

Anyway...for what it's worth...I thought I was 6w7 when I first learned about the enneagram (in spite of the fact I always tested as a 7?). But like you I didn't wholly identify with many of the 'whoooo high-energy all the time' 7 descriptions you often encounter on the web. At the same time, however, a part of me always felt like I was trying to squeeze myself into the 6w7 description. Like there was something that felt like I was putting on 'too tight of clothes' (<--- and that isn't meant to offend any of the lovely 6w7s on this site. I only wish I was a bit more practical...and a little less delusional about how *absolutely FABULOUS everything is supposed to be* as the 6w7.) Have you considered variant? Is it possible you are an ENFP 7w6 sx?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm a 7w6 sx too and don't feel high energy all the time at all...my energy comes from ideas and sometimes big groups of people that i have a lot of fun with but one on one or a small group i feel the same energy wise as my infp type 4 bf. but i get very effusive and excited by new ideas or projects and can almost feel a bit manic...my mental energy meter goes way high and it's a big ping pong match between 7 and 6 going on and on about possibilities and things to either worry about or be excited about...it's tiresome for anyone that becomes involved in the process i'm sure.

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Starry, that is a good point. I am fairly certain I am SX. I really essentially feel the same way about 6w7: That I am trying to force it because I feel that I can't be a 7 because I'm not a very "up" person. I will also ask a mod to move the thread. Thanks :)

Lady X, what you describe is like you are describing me :)

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm 7w6 and have very high energy most of the time. But when I'm under stress I'm a lot less energetic, turning to my dark side, being negative and tired. So, 7w6 is what I would like to be all the time, but because of "stuff in life" I tend to go to the "dark side" at times (like everybody else, I guess). ;)

sculpting

i love your cupcake!

I am 4w5 sp/sx. but tritype seems to capture things better-4-1-7. I think the 7 does give rise to notions of fleeing for the next thing, but do to the heavy 4-1 influence, I typically can ignore it and remain bound to follow though on promises I made and obligations I must keep. Often after a bit, the notion of greener grass dissipates. This is especially true, once I understood it was just Ne generating possibilities. I.e., by simply being able to label the feeling with a name and understanding where the feeling is trying to take me, it empoweres me to decide at a mete level if I really want to act upon it or not.

Since 7 often captures entps as well, perhaps the darkness is, in some sense, Fi trying to counter Ne and keep in in check? I dunno.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you mean by darker, exactly?

I think for me 6 brings darkness within the scape of emotional volatility. Personally, I associate with these terms, from thechangeworks.com: personal warmth; self-effacing, gracious, curious; self-contradicting, test others, impossible to please, accusative, caught up in big plans, insecure; subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears; hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. That sums up my biggest weaknesses fairly well. They lie on a foundation of fear and distrust, which creates unsteadiness, and makes it extraordinarily hard to make decisions or rely on anything, even though 7 adds positivity and looking forward to the future.

I wouldn't call myself high-energy, but I do have good endurance. I am good at physical labor and can sustain a 12-hour workday if I see that it is needed. My energy depends much more on the mental atmosphere around me than on physical elements - I can keep going much longer in a positive environment than in a negative one, where I can become angry and resentful very quickly.

I thought I was a 7 for a while, and a 3, and a 4, and those all felt forced. 6 seems just right for me... almost embarrassingly so. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I am stuck between these E-types for core, except 5w6 and 5w4 are options…and 4w3 is not an option.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i'm a 7w6 sx too and don't feel high energy all the time at all...my energy comes from ideas and sometimes big groups of people that i have a lot of fun with but one on one or a small group i feel the same energy wise as my infp type 4 bf. but i get very effusive and excited by new ideas or projects and can almost feel a bit manic...my mental energy meter goes way high and it's a big ping pong match between 7 and 6 going on and on about possibilities and things to either worry about or be excited about...it's tiresome for anyone that becomes involved in the process i'm sure.

This sounds exactly like me. This is also why I question I/E. I need some time alone. I question F/T since I seem pretty balanced. Most tests put me as barely an F, but I can still be analytical.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it's a common misconception that all 7s are light, fluffy little bunnies of joy
Sexual 7s are often dark and intense sometimes appearing 4-ish (especially Sx/Sp). the internal frustration and sense of longing characteristic of type 7 are most obvious in Sexual 7s. to give you an idea, it often looks something like this:
mila-kunis-oz-the-great-and-powerful.jpg

Self Preservation 7s are ambitious, shrewd deal makers and can look 3-ish or 8-ish due to their competitive, sometimes ruthless nature "God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!"

on the other hand
Social 7s: these are the bouncy, ultra enthusiastic 7s you hear so much about in descriptions. Social 7s are restless and like travel around, knowing what's going on and spending as much quality time as possible with their friends (whom they are fiercely loyal to, often exhibiting a kind of counter-gluttony that occasionally lends itself to self sacrifice)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's a common misconception that all 7s are light, fluffy little bunnies of joy
Sexual 7s are often dark and intense sometimes appearing 4-ish (especially Sx/Sp). the internal frustration and sense of longing characteristic of type 7 are most obvious in Sexual 7s. to give you an idea, it often looks something like this:
mila-kunis-oz-the-great-and-powerful.jpg

Self Preservation 7s are ambitious, shrewd deal makers and can look 3-ish or 8-ish due to their competitive, sometimes ruthless nature "God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!"

on the other hand
Social 7s: these are the bouncy, ultra enthusiastic 7s you hear so much about in descriptions. Social 7s are restless and like travel around, knowing what's going on and spending as much quality time as possible with their friends (whom they are fiercely loyal to, often exhibiting a kind of counter-gluttony that occasionally lends itself to self sacrifice)

yeah all that's good. like imagine walking into a nightclub where a bunch of friends are all enfps but some are so/sx and some are sx/sp the music is good...really good and everyone has had a few. the so types will be all in a group beaming smile ear to ear having a blast dishing with their friends...maybe being deep...being jokey playful fun whatever...but sx girl is out in the middle of the dance floor all alone in her sexy lil world in her head where it's just her and the music...and this music is penetrating her soul...she's having a full on sexual/spiritual experience with this music...she doesn't even see anyone else...

it's possible those words were influenced by the music on right now...g'damn it's good haha

eta: eh fuck it i'm playing it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just realized i think i thought i was in a different thread. none of that was on topic was it?

whatever at least you got music.

Starry

...but sx girl is out in the middle of the dance floor all alone in her sexy lil world in her head where it's just her and the music...and this music is penetrating her soul...she's having a full on sexual/spiritual experience with this music...she doesn't even see anyone else...

Ummm...sure. Or maybe the sx girl is smoking weed behind the building with one of the fry cooks. Or deeply discussing something like the Aquatic Ape theory with a drunk stranger while waiting in line for the restrooms. Or perhaps the sx girl went on a booze run with a friend and accidentally purchased a whole bunch of non-alcoholic beer with everyone's money. <--These are all equally sexy/spiritual imho.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ummm...sure. Or maybe the sx girl is smoking weed behind the building with one of the fry cooks. Or deeply discussing something like the Aquatic Ape theory with a drunk stranger while waiting in line for the restrooms. Or perhaps the sx girl went on a booze run with a friend and accidentally purchased a whole bunch of non-alcoholic beer with everyone's money. <--These are all equally sexy/spiritual imho.

yeah...i knew that song was influencing my post. haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay but really...yeah i know sometimes sx chick is hangin out with other people doing just whatever things but you have to know what i'm talking about...or maybe you don't...but i can get super lost in my world with music like this...especially if i've had some drinks and decide dancing all by myself is better than hitting on randoms.

Starry

yeah...i knew that song was influencing my post. haha

okay but really...yeah i know sometimes sx chick is hangin out with other people doing just whatever things but you have to know what i'm talking about...or maybe you don't...but i can get super lost in my world with music like this...especially if i've had some drinks and decide dancing all by myself is better than hitting on randoms.

Well, the problem for me is when I'm dancing all alone...it's actually too sexy/spiritual to behold. And so yah...I usually stick to one-on-one stuff when out.

edit: I'm laughing. I often get lost in my own world(s) and so I do know what you are talking about.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the problem for me is when I'm dancing all alone...it's actually too sexy/spiritual to behold. And so yah...I usually stick to one-on-one stuff when out.

edit: I'm laughing. I often get lost in my own world(s) and so I do know what you are talking about.

haha oh yeah for sure you're right it probably is. i'm good just hangin with my one friend or boyfriend and not drinking much....was just trying to describe what happens when i'm not reeling myself in.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah all that's good. like imagine walking into a nightclub where a bunch of friends are all enfps but some are so/sx and some are sx/sp the music is good...really good and everyone has had a few. the so types will be all in a group beaming smile ear to ear having a blast dishing with their friends...maybe being deep...being jokey playful fun whatever...but sx girl is out in the middle of the dance floor all alone in her sexy lil world in her head where it's just her and the music...and this music is penetrating her soul...she's having a full on sexual/spiritual experience with this music...she doesn't even see anyone else...

it's possible those words were influenced by the music on right now...g'damn it's good haha

eta: eh fuck it i'm playing it.

Looking at that, I look nothing like Sp, and can relate at least a little to Sx. I primarily see So in me, but I think I'll promote myself to So/Sx…

I could never be ruthless…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you mean by ruthless?

Starry

haha oh yeah for sure you're right it probably is. i'm good just hangin with my one friend or boyfriend and not drinking much....was just trying to describe what happens when i'm not reeling myself in.

Oh God...now I feel like a should say that I don't even drink anymore because I can't tolerate it. And while I probably would smoke weed again if someone offered and the situation was right... I just don't do these kinds of things any more. But I'm still ENFP. I'm constantly holding myself back just to navigate society semi-properly. And so if what we are talking about is what I'd be doing if I was entirely free? I'm not sure there's enough space on the internet with which to discuss. But there would be a lot of sexy dancing.

I definitely 'merge' with the songs that I like which is what I believe you were saying. What thread is this though? haha