• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

can u know if ur sx if u've never been in a relationship?

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know that's not the only criteria, that there's also how u seek out intense experiences and need to keep that energy going etc. etc. BUT it seems to me that it's important indicator of where u get ur approval from, how u make decisions, by consulting your SO...so...thoughts?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been thinking the same thing myself, like how could you determine that, right? For me, since I haven't been in a relationship myself, I just used my interpersonal relationships with my close friends and my romantic/passionate desires as guidelines. That's how I was able to determine that I was indeed Sx-dominant.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
The sx instinct is about having a strong desire to establish and keep up relationships, so yes, you can tell if your a sx if you haven't been in an intimate relationship.

VagrantFarce

Yes, just like anti-social people can be social types - it's all about identifying what your awareness & attention is drawn to.

Social types tend to see themselves and others in terms of belonging to a group of people - a "herding" instinct. It's all about finding a group of people that you belong to.
Sexual types tend to see themselves and others in terms of the 1-to-1 relationships they foster - it's all about partnerships, romantic couples, intimacy, closeness etc.
Self-pres types tend to see themselves and others in terms of their living conditions & well-being - it's all about environment, family, comfort, familiarity etc.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The sx instinct is about having a strong desire to establish and keep up relationships.

100% So instinct :)

Sx= Attraction/Repulsion. Not intimacy/relationships per se.

Last edited:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test sx/sp but I've only ever had one romantic relationship and never an intimate one. But at the same time, I've had a lot of shit that makes me sp super-potent.

It might be to the extent that sp overpowers my sx. But the test said sx/sp, and then test would know better than I would, since I don't know near as much about this stuff as I should...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the dominant variant is also the one you're most neurotic about and some SX dominants could avoid relationships because they are terrified of rejection or disapproval.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
I think the dominant variant is also the one you're most neurotic about and some SX dominants could avoid relationships because they are terrified of rejection or disapproval.
Thanks for stating this. I believe I'm one of those terrified Sx-doms. Too many descriptions of the Sx focus on the opposite side.

G

garbage

Are you passionate about one or a few things and/or a polarizing person? If so, you may be a sx.

/jeff foxworthy-like southern drawl

sx is easy. However, I would have no idea how to separate out the soc instinct from social context, social approval, or otherwise looking for security through finding one's place in the social realm.