• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Enneagram type 5

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Any insight about enneagram 5-4-9, 5-9-4, 5-9-3, 5-3-9? I find some facts are just generalization. It will be more helpful if the insight based from the persons own perspectives..:)

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Any insight about enneagram 5-4-9, 5-9-4, 5-9-3, 5-3-9? I find some facts are just generalization. It will be more helpful if the insight based from the persons own perspectives..:)

Not really, but I will be interested in the responses. Have you searched the threads yet? There is a lot of info available.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I identify as a 5-4-9 (although it's debatable, of course). I think it's one of the most avoidant/withdrawing of enneagram tri-types.

I've found it personally helpful to read up a bit on avoidant/schizoid personality. While not everything fits me, personally, some things are amazingly on target. I'd recommend Guntrip's Schizoid Phenomena in particular. While it's dated and depressingly negative in some respects, it's definitely insightful at times. Some aspects of the book seem to describe enneagram 5 characteristics, but others are definitely in enneagram 4 territory.

I think as an INFP I don't tend to cut myself off entirely from emotion (as some 5s might do), but definitely tend to work to keep emotions in a subdued, manageable range.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I identify as a 5-4-9 (although it's debatable, of course). I think it's one of the most avoidant/withdrawing of enneagram tri-types.

I've found it personally helpful to read up a bit on avoidant/schizoid personality. While not everything fits me, personally, some things are amazingly on target. I'd recommend Guntrip's Schizoid Phenomena in particular. While it's dated and depressingly negative in some respects, it's definitely insightful at times. Some aspects of the book seem to describe enneagram 5 characteristics, but others are definitely in enneagram 4 territory.

I think as an INFP I don't tend to cut myself off entirely from emotion (as some 5s might do), but definitely tend to work to keep emotions in a subdued, manageable range.

Thanks for the info, although I still looking for info about 5-9-4.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Anyway, I think 5-9-3 suited me well..Thanks for the info guys..;)

VagrantFarce

I'm not convinced by this tritype stuff - it feels like a desperate attempt to explain away every little variation in personality, but the enneagram really isn't built for it. A lot of depth and understanding is lost, and the real wisdom of the enneagram (what little there is) is obfuscated. In my opinion of course. :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not convinced by this tritype stuff - it feels like a desperate attempt to explain away every little variation in personality, but the enneagram really isn't built for it. A lot of depth and understanding is lost, and the real wisdom of the enneagram (what little there is) is obfuscated. In my opinion of course. :)

You identify your type as a dominant fixation right? So by default, there should be fixations that are secondary and tertiary. I see no reason for them to be in the other triads, it's probably just more common for it to be that way.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-forum-investigator/9931-type-5-tritypes.html

^ thankfully, 5s are commonplace on the net, so the tritypes for E5 are easy to find.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks

Anyway, enneagram is only a theory..I like searching info about it, just for fun and gaining some knowledge. :)

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
You identify your type as a dominant fixation right? So by default, there should be fixations that are secondary and tertiary. I see no reason for them to be in the other triads, it's probably just more common for it to be that way.

^ thankfully, 5s are commonplace on the net, so the tritypes for E5 are easy to find.

I was looking for personal insight actually, not a link. Anyway, I already posted that info..See above..

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is the first I'm hearing of tri-types, but I'd definitely call myself a 5-4-9 or a 5-9-4. I've just recently been tossing myself up between 5w4 and 5w9. It shifts from day to day.

VagrantFarce

That's not really how I think of it.

The problem with the enneagram is that people think, because it purports to describe your "personality", they expect a full breakdown of who they are. The enneagram isn't built for it. I can explain myself better later, but it's like driving a car on a rail track.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Agree.
+300000

The real enneagram is:

Heart: passion of the type
Head: the mental fixation of the type
Gut: subtypes

Not trifix. It's bullshit.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I've found my actual enneagram guys, I think it's 5w6-4w5-1w9..;)

I haven't discuss about my actual enneagram, I hope others can give some insight.

I'll give a short explanation about my enneagram tritype:

5w6= As a 5, I like to observes things and learning, if I have a trouble, 6 takes over (doubt). Type 6 = Keep an eyes to both of your friends and enemies. (I'm sure type 6 know this very well, and as an INTJ, I didn't get fools twice)
4w5= Identity seeker and knowledge seeker, I'm logical thinker.
1w9= I tend to see a flaw and try to fix things, I take a bath twice a day, I like to take care of my health. As a nine, I dislike conflict.

Any insight?

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Looks like there is no positive response for 5-4-1. I think I'll just close this thread.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't discuss about my actual enneagram, I hope others can give some insight.

I'll give a short explanation about my enneagram tritype:

5w6= As a 5, I like to observes things and learning, if I have a trouble, 6 takes over (doubt). Type 6 = Keep an eyes to both of your friends and enemies. (I'm sure type 6 know this very well, and as an INTJ, I didn't get fools twice)
4w5= Identity seeker and knowledge seeker, I'm logical thinker.
1w9= I tend to see a flaw and try to fix things, I take a bath twice a day, I like to take care of my health. As a nine, I dislike conflict.

Any insight?

I wouldn't recommend using wings in your tritype, better to keep it simple. I also think you will find this easier with more information.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5-3-9s are kind of a big deal. Thoughtful, pragmatic, flexible, and still pretty bearable.
I don't have much to add, I think the description is great.
5-3-9: these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
similar tritypes: 5-9-3, 9-5-3
flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible
Also, I agree with [MENTION=6894]Asterion[/MENTION]; wings overcomplicate the Tri Types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not really how I think of it.

The problem with the enneagram is that people think, because it purports to describe your "personality", they expect a full breakdown of who they are. The enneagram isn't built for it. I can explain myself better later, but it's like driving a car on a rail track.

That's not the best analogy for explaining personality, but it is the enneagram way.

Tritypes has opened up a new dimension of personality exploration. I'm generally wary of new theories, but after a few months of seeing tritypes on this forum I've finally come around to the new way of thinking about personality.