• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP Enneagram 2 vs 7 vs 4 vs 9

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most common Enneagram type for ENFP seems to be 2, 7, 4 and 9. What do you think the differences are between ENFPs of those three types?

Data comes from here:

enneagrammbticorrelation.jpg

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 2s: Tend towards syrup-y sweet sentiments, warm and welcoming, good social skills, can be protective, focussed on morality. Can seem ESFJ.
ENFP 7s: Bouncy, bubbly, fun, lots of zany charm. Can seem ESFP.
ENFP 4s: Me! Umm... Seem more introverted, perfectionistic, flip between serious-silly/blissful-depressed moods really quickly. Can seem INFx
ENFP 9s: Laid back, cheerful, softly wondering. Can seem IxFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 2- 2s have pride in that they are great people, and so they want to help other people to prove this to them and to be wanted/feel loved. Fi and 2 seem weird together, but somehow ENFP 2s can exist. I think that their personal identity is kind of distorted by dom Ne, and so they think that their morality (I'm a good person!) should be shared with others (2), and should be used to improve other's lives.

ENFP 4- This seems like the kind of person who would use their dom Ne to isolate themselves and make themselves feel different in every sort of way; rather than dom Fi and seeing how people's values are different from their's. I think that ENFP 4s would be passively masochistic rather than more actively masochistic like some IFP 4s because the way that they perceive differences is so broad because of dom Ne vs where Dom Fi 4s put themselves out there and roast themselves pretty regularly. Dom Ne would be pretty easy to use to make yourself feel disconnected from everyone I'd say. They would have an easy time coming up with stuff and interests that would desperate them from others too!

ENFP 7- Pretty normal high energy Ne dom. Stereotypical IMO.

ENFP 9- This one actually makes NO sense; ENP 9 in general anyway. 9 is characterized by a mental numbness, a thin mental landscape due to the fact that they repress their instincts and emotions so much. 9s do not typically allow themselves to have a lot of mental activity unless they are healthy. This doesn't seem very Ne dom at all... I think that ENFP 9s are mistyped either in MBTI or in the enneagram; perhaps ISFPs who aren't "typical" to their type (like me, I've been accused of being an ENFP on a few occasions lol) or they could be 6s/self pres 7s.

By the way, I remade that chart a while ago to reflect what I personally think is accurate-

scaled.php

(I would change a few things, I'd add less common in for the INTs and 4 for example, that is the biggest mistake that I made when I hastily put that together)

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So unfortunately I'm not saying any of this out of certainty. Lately I have reason to believe I'm an ENFP 4, which some say they're skeptical about. But I thought I'd try to share my exact experience.

I find that I'm social in the sense that I crave being around likeminded people as long as I feel accepted. I'm very energized by those experiences, although perhaps due to my sx-dom, I mostly prefer one on one experiences away from the crowds when I can find them. I'm great with groups but I don't prefer it/that DOES exhaust me.

I think that MAYBE where the 4 comes into play, is the fact that I'm very focused on being my ideal type of person even when I'm in a crowd. When I'm alone I spend most of my time trying to develop a deep understanding of myself (which is why I'm here,) I'm often fixated on my individual style, and when I'm with people it's a lot of the time a chance to express myself as well as share what I've learned and exchange those things with other people to learn from them also. That's something I love to do as much as possible, way more than I like being alone.