• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difference Between INFJ Enneagram 1 vs. 4 vs. 6

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most common Enneagram type for INFJ seems to be 1, 4, and 6. What do you think the differences are between INFJs of those three types?

Data comes from here:

enneagrammbticorrelation.jpg

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think all INFJs feel an urge to be able to make their insight useful or known to the external world. I suspect e1s will be most inclined to do this pragmatically, wanting to be as useful as they can; e4s will be less pragmatic in their approach, with more emphasis on the insight being understood than being useful (its 'use value' is more about philosophy/art/understanding the human condition for its own sake); and e6s will be using the insight to simply navigate the external world (and relationships) as well as possible (without as much emphasis on that insight providing some product/service for others in larger capacity)? This is just speculation/me thinking aloud here.

[edit to add:] In other words:
e1 INFJ will take pride in insight being genuinely useful (to improving some external situation).
e4 INFJ will take pride in having unique insight.
e6 INFJ will take pride in being a valuable friend/partner.
(again, just me speculating here)

An aside: LOL @ e7 being least common for INFJ. ( ...:sadbanana: )

Another aside, if this chart is accurate: I also think it's interesting that e3 is listed as one of two most common for ENFJ, yet least common for INFJ. ...Like that's maybe some indication of what happens when you crank up the Fe. Actually, from the looks of it, JeNi is the very recipe for e3 inclinations (both ENJs are the only 'more common' e3 types). Interesting.

Last edited:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much what [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] said! :D I think most of that is probably fairly accurate. I am not sure about e1 INFJ - although I wonder if my INFJ friend is a 1, but I can't put my finger on it. She doesn't seem so much like a 4 or 6.

I think compared to INFJ 4s I'm more concerned with reaching out to others (less fond of isolating myself, or when I do I feel a bit guilty), I'm more anxious, I second-guess myself more and trust my intutition less, and I'm less inclined to emo/romanticism/pursuing deep emotions. I love romanticism but it has to be underpinned by practicality.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 INFJ:
290511090629-imam%20kh.jpg

Type 4 INFJ:
marilyn-manson2.jpg

Type 6 INFJ:
adolf+Hitler.jpg

:biggrin:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, my friends frequently tell me how much I remind them of Hitler...

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
As a 6w5, I find that I long for my insight to become something profoundly beautiful. Something that flows and can be easily understood if I were to dumb it down for someone. Wither that relates to relationships, philosophies, systems, or anything. What I MOST long for is to connect circumstance to circumstance. To find the keys to the connectives of things in the world. From science to philosophy. Mending objectivity to the inevitable subjectivity within us in a way that's accurate to me, and sensible to others.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
INFJ at Enneatype 1: The Crusader
Moralizing, self-righteous and idealistic. Ambiverted INFJ with underdeveloped Ni. Believes they speak for all humanity, most conscientious INFJ. Common mistype: ENFJ

INFJ at Enneagram 4: The Romantic
Sensitive, moody and emotionally effusive. Underdeveloped Fe. Hard to get to know, strives to carve out their own space in the world. Common mistype: INFP

INFJ at Enneagram 6: The Buddy
In between 1 and 4 in some ways. Most genuinely caring INFJ, but indecisive, anxious and can be blunt. Tends to focus on bettering individuals, as they are less idealistic. Common mistype: ISFJ

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about the 5s and 9s?

INFJ 6s tend to be rather phobic. They are extremely loyal and caring though. They're like a tree.
INFJ 4s are beautifully broken, yet move away from themselves and choose to express their insights with art.
INFJ 1s tend to be rather valued driven, May look like Fi, but its not. Personally i haven't come across an INFJ 1 yet.
INFJ 5s tend to want to feel, but lack the confidence to express their emotions physically. They're also a bit eccentric.
INFJ 9s are easy going, lovable and funny. You can sense their presence, yet a certain emptiness and mysteriousness. Think of the ocean.