• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Coolest and Uncoolest Enneagram Types

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
There's been a lot of talk about certain types being overrepresented and mistyped on forums on the Internet, like the 4 or 5. I think they are, because of incomplete or misleading descriptions of both types. I also think on some level, they are seen as the "coolest" types. Who isn't drawn to the silent and mysterious romantic, or the antiestablishment genius? Who wouldn't want to be trendy and unique? On the flip side, I think there are certain other types that aren't as enamored, mainly the 1. After all, who wants to be Mr./Ms. Manners?

Anyway, which types do you think are seen as the coolest, and which are the uncoolest?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there are genuinely lots of 4's and 5's on the internet. First of all, it's an introverted place to be. For fours, a site like this can be a place to indulge in the brokenness and figure out their own uniqueness. While in reality, they can just be the dumb emo person who doesn't get a whole lot done, crying on their diary and burning their wrist with cigarettes. They can find people "who understand them" online. Fives have tons and tons of benefit to using the internet. "Knowledge seekers." There is lots of knowledge to be had online. IRL, on the outside, unless they are the "mysterious and brooding" actor or playwright type, they may just come off as plain and boring. That being said, everyone else has their reasons for using the web. Ranging from productivity to introversion to loneliness and boredom. I think there's certain types of people who are naturally going to spend time there. You wouldn't find a five gaining as much from being at a church supper. (Not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it's less likely.)

Rambling aside:
To me,
coolest type: 3. I just respect their ambition and ability to act on their desires and get things moving. (I know their desires aren't always 'truly' their desires and could just be putting on a show, however they have a quality that I would love to possess naturally.)

Worst type: 9. I like hanging out with them and talking to them in reality. But I wouldn't want to be known as one primarily since they don't appear to have as strong of an identity according to type descriptions. It's the only type I would have an aversion to adopting for myself. Since sixes are really common, and "unique and different" is more desired around these parts, 6 could be viewed as lame too. I think they have a lot to them, there are just so many of them. Nobody here wants to be part of a "herd."

But that's circular thinking. Do we not want to be part of a herd so we're fours? Or are we fours so we don't want to be part of a herd?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that type 9 can appear rather 'uncool' for not having as strong of an identity. Sixes can appear 'uncool' for the reasons you stated. Counterphobic sixes, I think would appear more 'cool' for being more likely to go against the herd and overcome their fears.

I think 4, 7, 8 appear most 'cool' on the surface. 5 can be cool just for being independent and different but too often they are perceived as being more nerdy sorts.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would actually put 3 in the uncool category, because there is a perceived lack of "realness" and moral conviction that 3s put off, as opposed to the 4 and 5, which are seen as more authentic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that type 9 can appear rather 'uncool' for not having as strong of an identity. Sixes can appear 'uncool' for the reasons you stated. Counterphobic sixes, I think would appear more 'cool' for being more likely to go against the herd and overcome their fears.

I think 4, 7, 8 appear most 'cool' on the surface. 5 can be cool just for being independent and different but too often they are perceived as being more nerdy sorts.

more like 3s, 7s and 8s. 4s are perceived as emo and spazzy much of the time

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). But as Sns mentioned, these types tend to be naturally overrepresented on typology forums.
Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').
2,3,7,8 tend to get mixed reactions...it helps that their good qualities are more emphasized.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Type 9 is the coolest imho. They just don't care about society's expectations that much, are very malleable but often have unique taste (if you dig a bit deeper), and can become really independent if they're encouraged a bit.
Secondo coolest would be type 7, we are naturally really cool, spontaneous and extraverted, however we can be materialistic and excessively attached to whatever we like at any given moment, which can render us extremely clingy and uncool.

Least cool: 3. Living a life according to what society (or your personal idea of success) tells you to do seems like the least cool way to live; I mean, we only live once, so we need to exploit every opportunity, and placing such boundaries on one's own behavior seems terribly uncool.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I had to choose...

Coolest:

Healthy 3s. Healthy 2s are nice (and I really want one), but 3s are just cool. They are like the definition of a self made man.

Least Cool:

All of the unhealthy "positive attitude" types. That means 9, 7, and 2. Willful ignorance that they are causing suffering.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Almost all 1 descriptions suck. They talk about Martha Stewart or Gandhi or accountants or some shit. Thus, people don't like to identify as 1s. I've seen a great deal of 1s on the internet mistest as 8s.

On the internet, people like being 4s and 5s, sometimes 6s. This can be a result of both overrepresentation and romanticization. In real life 3s and 7s tend to get the most attention.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Almost all 1 descriptions suck. They talk about Martha Stewart or Gandhi or accountants or some shit. Thus, people don't like to identify as 1s. I've seen a great deal of 1s on the internet mistest as 8s.
I have in mind another idea for a thread about this. It seems that almost all descriptions about the One are biased towards the Social-first or -second One. I wonder if they're dramatically different from the Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx One?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have in mind another idea for a thread about this. It seems that almost all descriptions about the One are biased towards the Social-first or -second One. I wonder if they're dramatically different from the Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx One?

I would be all up in that thread's business if you made it, because that's actually an issue I've pondered myself. Anyone got info on it?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cool: 3, 7, 8
uncool: 1s, 5s
in between: 2s, 4s, 6, 9

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
cool: 3, 7, 8
uncool: 1s, 5s
in between: 2s, 4s, 6, 9

I think most of the 'cool' 5s are 5w4 or sx subtype. 5w4 tends to appear less stereotypically nerdy and the SX subtype brings a certain degree of edginess.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really like 2's a lot and I think 4's are pretty darn cool too. I am a 3 but get annoyed by some 3's...maybe because I see them as competition muahaha! :dry: fuckers.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

actually, one of my very close friends is a ENTJ 1w?(2?) sp/sx- I wouldn't say "dramatically" different. She is still on the cold, smooth and glossy side and a lot of people really don't like or understand her. Difference is, possibly a little quieter, more grounded, better 1:1. Very materialistic though. Loves money and big houses and all sorts of over the top sorts of things. I've thought of her as a 3 or an 8 before as well, but keep coming back to 1 with the sp variant.

Again, is sp/sx supposed to be a cooler thing? I don't think it makes people better or worse IRL. People can have that dark, mysterious brooding quality and like to think of themselves that way while online, but IRL they can just be homebodies or stuck-in-the-muds.
(Eventually in this thread, I will find a way to insult every type, enneagram, and instinct variant. bwaahaahaha.)

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w9s are the most cool of all the types for me... Johnny Cash is so fucking cool. And people that i know personaly, they seem so strong and tough but with a little of mercy and tenderness.

I usualy dont like 5s, dont know why... Im talking about people outside of the internet. If they are cool... I dont care.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cool: 4w5 sx/sp
uncool: the rest of them

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing says k00l like 7w8.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed! I mistyped as 8 for a bit... then 6... then I finally found the right type. I have type 1 friends who have even mistyped as 5w4.

As for this thread... I have a hard time choosing because there are so many other factors. If I were going by type stereotypes alone, I'd say the least cool type is 4w5 (because the constant snooty hipster talk would get on my nerves), and the most cool would be 7w8 (woo party on guys!! positivity etc) -- but those people don't really exist in such simple terms.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most of the 'cool' 5s are 5w4 or sx subtype. 5w4 tends to appear less stereotypically nerdy and the SX subtype brings a certain degree of edginess.

I was talking about what was conventionally considered cool.

my own thoughts are:
cool: 3w4, 4s, 5s, 7s, 8s,
neutral: 5s, 6s, 9s,
uncool: 1s, 2s, 3w2s

5s can be pretty cool, if I notice them lol