• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Coolest and Uncoolest Enneagram Types

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1:

cool and uncool.

shortnsweet said:
6 could be viewed as lame too. I think they have a lot to them, there are just so many of them. Nobody here wants to be part of a "herd."

i hear this a lot, but in my own life i don't even know that many 6s. nor online. shit, i'd like some more of us around. :laugh:

i like what [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] pointed out...

Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). [...] Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').

4 seems to be quite popular online, as does 5... 7 is the "happy and productive" type so that's fairly well represented... 8 takes care of business... 9 is cool in the laid back sort of way. and sx is all popular because people think it sounds awesome to be sexy, even though that's not what the torment of sx is about.

i think 1, 2, 3, and 6 are more questionable. online, at least. IRL 3, 7w8, and 8 are probably the "coolest". throw 2w3 in there too, especially the ladies.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1:

cool and uncool.

i hear this a lot, but in my own life i don't even know that many 6s. nor online. shit, i'd like some more of us around. :laugh:

i like what [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] pointed out...

4 seems to be quite popular online, as does 5... 7 is the "happy and productive" type so that's fairly well represented... 8 takes care of business... 9 is cool in the laid back sort of way. and sx is all popular because people think it sounds awesome to be sexy, even though that's not what the torment of sx is about.

i think 1, 2, 3, and 6 are more questionable. online, at least. IRL 3, 7w8, and 8 are probably the "coolest". throw 2w3 in there too, especially the ladies.

You don't know many sixes? I've met tons of them, (or at least people who I think are sixes.) It's not really a bias of mine in real life (aka I'm not walking around saying BORING! IT'S A SIX) But I did notice a lot of them around in general if I'm typing them correctly.

I don't get why 5 is cool online. I always think that 5's have a tougher path in society. I figured 5's come to the internet because they shine here more than they do IRL. (I agree there may be some "I'm smart therefore I'm a five" stuff going on) But I think there could be a lot of "I'm having trouble IRL so I go online where I can talk to people like myself."

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram types people like to think they are online: 5 for INTs (I'm smart, therefore I'm a 5), 4 for INFXs (I'm special, therefore I'm a 4). But as Sns mentioned, these types tend to be naturally overrepresented on typology forums.
Enneagrams people don't like identifying themselves as: 1(''square''),6(''common''),9(''lukewarm'').
2,3,7,8 tend to get mixed reactions...it helps that their good qualities are more emphasized.

Blah, I like 8, 9, and 1. But that is because 8 and 1's sound like the types to do something about "it." 9's sound like they are willing to relax as opposed to the "crazy" antics of 7.

To put it in a strange way
8: I don't take your ----
9: I don't care about your ----
1: Don't give me your ----

G

garbage

Define "cool." I think people here are taking it to mean "best," but I don't think that's what you mean.

I would think 3, almost by definition. They kind of watch for what's "cool" to others and try to portray it, don't they? If other types are cool, it is almost purely accidental.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Blah, I like 8, 9, and 1. But that is because 8 and 1's sound like the types to do something about "it." 9's sound like they are willing to relax as opposed to the "crazy" antics of 7.

To put it in a strange way
8: I don't take your ----
9: I don't care about your ----
1: Don't give me your ----
Might you take a look at my Social-last 1 thread? Apparently, they're pretty rare.

wolfy

awsm
The coolest is probably nine. Nine is said to withdraw and cool is a certain aloofness.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think 3, almost by definition. They kind of watch for what's "cool" to others and try to portray it, don't they? If other types are cool, it is almost purely accidental.

Be careful with that wording. This seems to lean a bit to the 3w2 side. 3w4 would be a little more of trying to be what their idea of cool is.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define "cool." I think people here are taking it to mean "best," but I don't think that's what you mean.

that is sooo not cool tho! haha is that what they do? i don't like it..

wolfy

awsm
Homer: So I realized that being with my family is more important than being cool.
Bart: Dad, what you just said was powerfully uncool.
Homer: You know what the song says: "It's hip to be square."
Lisa: That song is so lame.
Homer: So lame that it's... cool?
Bart and Lisa: No.
Marge: Am I cool, kids?
Marge: Good. I'm glad. And that's what makes me cool—not caring, right?
Marge: Well, how the hell do you be cool? I feel like we've tried everything here.
Homer: Wait, Marge. Maybe if you're truly cool, you don't need to be told you're cool.
Bart: Well, sure you do.
Lisa: How else would you know?

paixfleurs

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think we see an overabundance of self-typed 4s, 5s and 8s on the internet and even in the Enneagram community at large because those are the types the masses would prefer to be. I think 1, 3 and 6 all get the worst wrap for their undesirableness. Uptight, fake or mindless follower. Nobody wants to be a type that gets slapped with labels like that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe 9s are the coolest.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 7w6s are pretty cool in a way. They seem to me to be pretty fun and enjoyable to be around with, easygoing, and just a little insecure, which makes them all the more charming without being overbearing / challenging (a vibe I sometimes get from 7w8s, and especially from 8w7 - which, of all the types I know so far, would probably the hardest for me to get along with).

I relate definitely to 4w5s and of course 5w4s (having a pronounced w4, though I'm fairly certain I'm a 5), although I can see a tendency towards seclusion, overanalyzing, and possibly the greatest potential for general unhappiness. These people sometimes seem to be having a hard time in this wee little world of ours.

1 - 3 - 9 - and especially 6? No clear conception at all of what they actually are. Just can't picture a typical '1' or '6' in my mind.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All types are cool, to begin with.

I would have to say 9s are the most liked of all the types, 1s the least. 7s and especially 3s only like to think they're cool.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Worst type: 9. I like hanging out with them and talking to them in reality. But I wouldn't want to be known as one primarily since they don't appear to have as strong of an identity according to type descriptions. It's the only type I would have an aversion to adopting for myself.

I agree that type 9 can appear rather 'uncool' for not having as strong of an identity.

My core identity may not have much to it that can be quantified articulately, but my core identity is cool :cool:

You be jelly!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my experience, 7s and 3s. They can't help but be cool, they were the ones in school that were setting all of the trends, they are the ones that will never let themselves be bored. Other types can be cool, it's just not very high on the agenda for a lot of people/types.