• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's how i felt when you said you were a 3. are you a 3w4? i know a lot of 4w3 nt and nf types, and a couple 3w2 intps, but i don't know any 3w4s of any type, let alone infj.
No, I'm not a 3. I just thought I was because that is what I would always get as a result on tests. But learning more about Enneagram, it's becoming clear to me that was incorrect.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It seems like each time I take an Enneagram test I get a different answer. First 9w1, then 4w5, now 6w5. I can relate to all three almost equally. The descriptions of 4s do resonate with me more than the others, but after discussing Enneagram with a couple people I'm wondering if that's just because some sources model 4 descriptions after INFJ and INFP profiles (since 4 is supposedly the most common Enneagram type for INFJs and INFPs).

I have struggled with minor anxiety issues (such as insomnia) throughout my life, so maybe I am a 6. But I'm not convinced, and it is frustrating to get a different answer each time I take the test. This definitely isn't as clear-cut as Myers-Briggs typing (in which I score INFJ consistently every time).

I checked out a thick book on Enneagram type from the library hoping to get a definitive answer; I read checklists of 20 questions for each type, and the book said that which ever one I respond yes to 15 or more questions is my type. Well, I responded "yes" to 11-12 questions for 4, 5, 6, and 9. So now I'm more confused than ever. Sighhh.

Last edited:

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
when i type others, i always seem to lean towards 4w5 and i very rarely have an instinctual twinge telling me they are 5w4.

What do you mean? You tend to type other INFJs as 4w5? Or you tend to type most people as 4w5 regardless of MBTI type? Either way... interesting.

how can you spot 5ness in others?

You're really just setting yourself up for a smart-ass answer. Must... fight... the... urge...

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I've tested as 3w4 in the past but I'd really have to look into it more to be sure.

mszoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Using online Enneagram quizzes and reading through a few Enneagram books, I identify as 2w1 with a rather decent health level. I do not really see myself integrating into a 4 much, because I am too timid to stand up for myself and to place myself at a higher priority.

At the same time, my partner is starting to wonder if I might be a 4 who has degraded into a 2 due to overbearing upbringing.

I find it interesting that quite a number of INFJs tested as 4s.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I'm not a 3. I just thought I was because that is what I would always get as a result on tests. But learning more about Enneagram, it's becoming clear to me that was incorrect.

what do you identify with now?

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Using online Enneagram quizzes and reading through a few Enneagram books, I identify as 2w1 with a rather decent health level. I do not really see myself integrating into a 4 much, because I am too timid to stand up for myself and to place myself at a higher priority.

At the same time, my partner is starting to wonder if I might be a 4 who has degraded into a 2 due to overbearing upbringing.

I find it interesting that quite a number of INFJs tested as 4s.

Wow, that sounds very similar to my experience. I rate high in 4 but also quite high in 1 and 2 (though my highest are usually 4, 9, and 6). Having read a little about Enneagram, I think your partner's theory may be correct because 4 and 2 seem to be linked (4s often act like 2s and vice versa). I had somewhat of an overbearing upbringing as well and similarly have trouble standing up for myself, and I tend to feel uncomfortable putting myself before others. So although aspects of 4 Enneagram fit me very well, other parts of it (the Fi parts) just don't sound quite right. So like you mentioned, I am beginning to think that I may be a 4 that goes to 2 regularly. 4s are also connected with 1, supposedly when we are at our best we have the positive qualities of a 1, which also resonates with my experience. Just some food for thought :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a hard time deciding what my motivation in life was. I can relate to 3, 4, and 5 equally. But I'll go with 4w3, even if sounds a little over-dramatic/angsty.

that makes a lot of sense. one of my best friends is a 4w3. they have that deep need for recognition and self-expression, but they're generally better at playing the game than types with a 5 wing. it comes more easily, they operate within and participate in externalities more easily. need alone time yes, but less constant need for withdrawal. more comfortable with self-assertion and the occasional improv. 5 types need time to prepare, get our shit together, and achieve total mastery before we are ready to put anything forth.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The way to determine 2 or 4 is to see what you do when under stress. One should be more pronounced than the others. Sometimes the behaviors mix according to path of disintegration.

Type 2 under stress - fear of being unloved thus resent and manipulate others
Type 4 under stress - fear of being defective thus indulge in fantasy

Which one are you under deep stress?

I'll post the rest of it for anyone unsure about other types under stress

Type 1 - fear of being condemned thus correct others
Type 2 - fear of being unloved thus resent and manipulate others
Type 3 - fear of being rejected thus compete
Type 4 - fear of being defective thus indulge in fantasy
Type 5 - fear of being overwhelmed by the world thus detached from others/world
Type 6 - fear of being abandoned thus distrust others
Type 7 - fear of being deprived thus numbly seek sensations
Type 8 - fear of submitting to others thus controlling
Type 9 - fear of separation thus accommodating.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way to determine 2 or 4 is to see what you do when under stress. One should be more pronounced than the others. Sometimes the behaviors mix according to path of disintegration.

But doesn't 4 go to 2 under stress?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
But doesn't 4 go to 2 under stress?

yes but it's really a mixing where your main type is more pronounced.

For instance, I'm type 5, type 7 is my disintegratin path. At first I generally will cope by analyzing everything. If that doesn't work, I'll numbly seek out sensations. Just doing anything just to feel something.

So for a 4 under stress, I'd estimate that coping is first done with escaping into fantasy and if that doesn't work, start to hate and manipulate others.

My knowledge of the enneagram is at the intermediate level and this part still confuses me. Will post more when I get the info.

nvm, I'm still confused about stress and security points... Yes, 4 goes to 2 when stressed. I'm not sure if this applies when feeling insecure.

katcurrent

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
1w9
ation.

Except, under deep stress, 2's act like 8's and 4's act like 2's.

2 under stress = become infuriated that others don't appreciate their care and concern, so instead of being subtly codependent and people-pleasing, they become overtly intrusive and/or rejecting.

4 under stress = 4's want to attract a rescuer and so act elusive and coy, but when they start to panic about being alone, they become people-pleasers like a 2 and make themselves indispensable so as not to be abandoned.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ive relooked at enneagram an 5w4 seems to fit, but I'm still studying it to be more confident in what the types are. I find tests sort of irritating because some of the questions are vague enough to make me guess.

EDIT: Reading about En5 makes a lot of sense. I'll continue to read more of them and see what I come up with. So far, the Entype 5 seems to be a function that is really for dominant Ti, Ni, or even Si. This makes ITPs, INJs, and maybe sometimes ISJs 5s.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Type Correlations

Here's a good link with info. Check out the chart at the bottom.

It says that enneagram explains the motivation while MBTI describes how we function in the world.

So with that in mind, the enneagram and MBTI are completely different. While there are statistically significant correlations, it doesn't mean that one is a translation for another.

my gf is INFJ, but type 2w1.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
4w5

So typical, I know :)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I've decided I'm an equal mix of 5 and 4 with some 1 in there to mortar up the cracks. Also some 9 on off days.

Basically a 5w4 if you need a definite one.

The one that says INFJs are 1s 4s and 5s makes a lot of sense. I find that I thought I was a 9 on my lazy days (Which were a loooot of them and there will be. I wish I could keep up this momentum so I can get things done)