• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I am a 9w1, but I need to look into it some more.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
i don't really relate to most of the INFJs here.
i've seen many generalizations about INFJs that everyone seems to agree upon that haven't applied to me at all. maybe this is more of an enneagram thing?

I relate to your OP. I do think it is related to enneagram, because there are definitely times I relate to what you're saying in thread Evan, much moreso than other INFP's replying. I am 9w1 btw.

And, there are also threads where other INFP's are all agreeing on some way of interacting with the world, and I'm left just scratching my head in puzzlement, as I don't feel that's the way I view things or respond.

It's as though MBTI is the canvas and even the outline of the picture, but enneagram helps colour between those lines, providing an emotional context, a texture and subtlety that is somehow lacking through the use of MBTI alone.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so are 4s types more Fe extroverted, almost in between enfj and infj?
5s more Ti developed and extremely introverted (almost like intps?)
9w1 i imagine are probably the most balanced types, excellent judges, mediators, communicators and counselors. perhaps the most stable and traditionally religious of infj types?
6 seems really stressful for an infj, it would have to be VERY self-preservational, to me, ie work focused. it sounds debilitating, Ni when paranoid is fucking terrible.
7 and 3 i do not yet understand in an infj context. i feel like Fe would pummel the shit out of me if i tried to use it in a 3-like context. 3 seems so T to me. and 7 seems like 5 disintegration point, it seems so antithetical of Ni to me and sooooooo much more Ne/Se. so wrapped up and involved in the moment. the character of Ni is slow steady sifting, plates shifting, thinking in the shower, buoyancy moment/eureeka, etc. attending to the internal environment, putting things away in the right place, etc.

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7

I come from the school that says no assessment can point to your Enneagram type because they all pick up too much noise from your MBTI type. But the 7 defense mechanism of optimism resonates really truly and explains why I don't get stressed out by perfectionist tendencies like so many other INFJs. It's equally dangerous, though. I mean if you think everything will always work out then there's no point in delving whether you need to be proactive in certain dire straits:headphne:

INFJ 7's are so lucky. I am an ENFP 6w7 sp/so and the anxiety can be debilitating. I always wondered why I wasn't as carefree and confident as many other ENFPs. At times, I've wondered if I had an anxiety disorder, because I am so paranoid about my safety and health, but I realize that it is just my dominant self-preservationist side. I am extremely responsible when it comes the safety of the people around me, but it is not because I am mature, but rather because I panic and I'd rather be safe than sorry. INFJ 7 sounds so perfect, and I really wish I were a 7. However, I don't think being a 6 is that difficult. It can't be as hard as being a 1 or a 4 :violin:

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am a 9w1, though my score for 9 and for 5 (5w4) are usually very, very close.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I'm a 6. Probably with a slight 5 wing, but only by default (I'm not very 7-ish at all). I don't really feel a conscious sense of anxiety, but I'm always looking for something "larger than myself" to be a part of, and I'm generally skeptical of change.

I can also relate to 8s and 1s.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've changed my mind, I think I'm more likely a 6w5.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Hi Taylor: what made you decide you were a 6 rather than a 1?

katcurrent

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
1w9
I'm a 1w9 but also really relate to 9w1, 3w4, 4w3, and 4w5. It has taken me years to realize that my core fixation is anger/resentment and my core delusion is believing that people [as in, me/I :)] can become "perfect" with enough hard work.

S

Sniffles

I'm beginning to wonder whether I maybe a 5w4 instead of 4w5.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe I'm a 9w1 but perhaps a 9w8 because I can be more aggressive and sensually oriented...more thinking needed

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is 5w4 rare for an infj? when i type others, i always seem to lean towards 4w5 and i very rarely have an instinctual twinge telling me they are 5w4.

i *think* i am 5w4 and not 4w5, bc it seems like 5 got here first and 4 came later. how can you spot 5ness in others?

Matrik

MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ 7's are so lucky. I am an ENFP 6w7 sp/so and the anxiety can be debilitating. I always wondered why I wasn't as carefree and confident as many other ENFPs. At times, I've wondered if I had an anxiety disorder, because I am so paranoid about my safety and health, but I realize that it is just my dominant self-preservationist side. I am extremely responsible when it comes the safety of the people around me, but it is not because I am mature, but rather because I panic and I'd rather be safe than sorry. INFJ 7 sounds so perfect, and I really wish I were a 7. However, I don't think being a 6 is that difficult. It can't be as hard as being a 1 or a 4 :violin:

I know an INFJ enneagram 7...have dated her...It's insanely fun, sparks, energies, enthusiasm, did I say fun?...

So much outward energy and synergy together too! Damn I wish she were available.

It's true she doesn't expect perfection...just understanding her she is satisfied with that. And going out and doing fun things together...mixing it up...it's paradoxical actually...she likes to do lots of fun things with me...as long as she's with me...but alone she wouldn't do them. She feels more comfortable around me than on her own around others. (I guess because an ENTP can pretty much handle any situation with others) :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to need some serious PROOF before I believe an INFJ 7 ever existed.

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
4w5 (how unique)
still unsure about instinctual variants though
sp/so or so/sp

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to need some serious PROOF before I believe an INFJ 7 ever existed.

that's how i felt when you said you were a 3. are you a 3w4? i know a lot of 4w3 nt and nf types, and a couple 3w2 intps, but i don't know any 3w4s of any type, let alone infj.

4w5 (how unique)

i like architecture in helsinki too. i saw their live show a few years back and it was great! really good sweaty positive energy kinda like los campesinos! but not as perfect as animal collective

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I just started to get into the Enneagram. I think it is a very interesting system that when coupled with MBTI provides a great personality overview. The Enneagram descriptions seem to focus on the negative aspects of each type (perhaps motivation for self-improvement?) but at least we can read that and uncover our darkest depths. I found the descriptions of of the unhealthy versions of my two potential types (4 and 9) to be very chilling....because I knew I could sink to those levels....though I haven't yet.

After taking some tests and reading all the descriptions I am confident that I am a 9 wing 1. The general neutrality and fuzziness of type nine resonated with me. Often I feel as if I am a blank canvas being painted by all the colorful people I surround myself with. I take on the energy of the people around me and I run with that... In exchange for the jolts of personality that other people give me, I feel that I can be there for them when they need me. I have always been the most emotionally stable of my friends and they always tell me how great I am to rely on. I like the feeling of knowing that I can be there for the people I love.

I just need to work on developing my own personality and my self. I do too often slip into a going through the motions state of passivity...just being content with life swirling around me.

(...now it's time to go play more Tales of Vesperia and live vicariously through fictional characters trying to save a fake world!! ;) )

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
that's how i felt when you said you were a 3. are you a 3w4? i know a lot of 4w3 nt and nf types, and a couple 3w2 intps, but i don't know any 3w4s of any type, let alone infj.

i've heard tori amos typed as 3w4 and apparently she's infj.. not sure how likely that would be though.

i like architecture in helsinki too. i saw their live show a few years back and it was great! really good sweaty positive energy kinda like los campesinos! but not as perfect as animal collective

ahh lucky, my friend saw them too and said they were loads of fun. i used to love live gigs but i have photophobia now so i'ma have to wait til i'm available for a good daytime festival.

animal collective are minttt (literally, they remind me of choc chip mint ice cream for some reason). you have good taste :)
i also associate of montreal with the blissfully trippy label*~~ :static: