• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Reading type 9's enneagram institute description is like looking into a mirror, especially:

Level 5: Active, but disengaged, unreflective, and inattentive. Do not want to be affected, so become unresponsive and complacent, walking away from problems, and "sweeping them under the rug." Thinking becomes hazy and ruminative, mostly comforting fantasies, as they begin to "tune out" reality, becoming oblivious. Emotionally indolent, unwillingness to exert self or to focus on problems: indifference.

I think that I could be an En3 that is 'disintegrating,' though. Definitely doing more reading now.

EDIT: TOTALLY a nine. I read the levels and can see how my mood changes and how I view the world changes with that. When I am in a good mood I am at level 2 or 3, but in a crappy mood I am at 5 or even 6. My life is just rising and lowering tides like that. I just hope what I am believing right now is the truth, and not a current fantasy I have tricked myself with.

EDIT: Yes yes YES! I relate so well to what is said about instincts and how 9s react to it. I am definitely 'lost in the clouds' a lot, too. And the last part answered a question nagging at me:

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

Now I am starting to think that INFJs can easily be 9s because of that. It makes it hard for some of us to type ourselves because of these facets and turn into red herrings because of our instincts: 'I am a hard worker so I should be a SJ or something.' The instincts, Ni?, cause us to jump to conclusions, but our 9-ness holds us back from acting on it too strongly.

A bad day has just turned into something better :headphne:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think I was a two (I posted earlier in this thread)

But I'm a 4w5.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most commons: 4w5 & 9w1
Commons: 1w2, 2w1, 5, 6w5
Quite commons: 1w9, 4w3, 6w7, 9w8
Quite uncommon: The 3
Least commons: 7 & 8

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
just now it was 3w1 or 3w8. two years ago it was 3w4, so not much has changed.

Ingrid in grids

just now it was 3w1 or 3w8. two years ago it was 3w4, so not much has changed.

Have you considered 1w2? I've tested as 3w4 before, and whenever I take enneagram tests I still continue to score high as a 3. I see some similarities between types 1 and 3, particularly in regards to ambition. This was what first made me think I was an enneatype 3.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ Enneagram Correlations?

I'm an INFJ and I was wondering what Enneagram type you are. I'm a 9w1.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I'm a 9w8, but I have strong relations to 4's, which is the most common Enneagram type for INFJ's.
But then again, I see A TON of 5 and a little 6 too. My Enneagram variation depends somewhat on what mood you catch me in:doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs are usually 1, 4, 9, occasionally 5. Anyone can be a 6, so factor that in too.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
INFJs are usually 1, 4, 9, occasionally 5. Anyone can be a 6, so factor that in too.

Not necessarily, but people can pick up the stereotypical traits of being distrusting and quiet. People tend not to look into the details of being a 6, it's kind of overlooked.
I'm sorry if I came off like a know-it-all or something of that sort, it wasn't my intention=/

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Four, with tendencies toward Five that have gotten much stronger in recent years (learning to use my tertiary Ti).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
InTheFlesh said:
Is it too late to add wings to the poll?

Yeah, but...

Merged with older INFJ thread and new poll with wings added.

This means if you had already voted, you will need to do so again.