• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I took the test last weekend, I'm 4w5, and I really relate to it. Although I can relate a fair amount with 4w3 and the 9 type descriptions.

I wish there were more lengthy Internet resources about 4w5.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
B

ByMySword

I thought I was a 3w2 sx, but recently I changed.

I am now a 6w5 sx.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
4w5.

I tend to get way too absorbed with my own feelings and thoughts on the world. Drives my family mad, really. {:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
5w4.

"Fives, especially with the Four wing recognize that they have strong emotions and don't identify with the often extremely cerebral portrait of type Five. But, Fives, unlike Fours, always retain some degree of discomfort when it comes to the expression of their emotional states."

That's how I feel

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a strong 2 with a 4 being the second strongest..sounds about right.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Can I be an INFJ ?

please?

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
I cannot for the life of me figure out my enneagram type. Every time I take the damn test I come out as something different. I suppose if I actually sat down and read the whole book I might be able to get a handle on it. But really I'm too cheap to do that.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
only if you look like that cute little duck in your picture :)
You mean saying whatever is on my mind on the street?
yes, why asking ?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean saying whatever is on my mind on the street?
yes, why asking ?

Acctually I was refering to the little yellow innocent looking thing that has something awful comming out of its bill :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
aw, fooling people into believe I'm not a demon is my speciality

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aw, fooling people into believe I'm not a demon is my speciality

be careful I will be tempted to catch you in my demon jar and put you on my shelf and feel you strawberries for the duration of your stay with me!!

lane777

nevermore
well, i know for sure i'm an INFJ. i'm the most 'T' F i know, though. the rational description fits me much better than the idealist one.

but i definitely have Ni, Fe, Ti. my Ti is very powerful, though -- enough to separate me from most INFJs.

I'm not even a regulair here, and I've noticed this about you. It's not fair, you being so balanced!

Words are not my friend :dont: I'm very much looking forward to communicating with ASL in the future.

Anyways, I'm 9&1... neither is dominant, according to the test I took.

redacted

I'm not even a regulair here, and I've noticed this about you. It's not fair, you being so balanced!

Words are not my friend :dont: I'm very much looking forward to communicating with ASL in the future.

Anyways, I'm 9&1... neither is dominant, according to the test I took.

Thx.

Check out magic and my enneagram system in my sig, we break down the types into two variables -- it should be easier to narrow down your type from there.

9 is avoidant in terms of approaching activities (weighing cons higher compared to pros). They're also controlled in terms of emotion (putting lots of effort into figuring out which emotions are useful or not).

1 is anticipating in terms of approaching activities (putting lots of effort into cost/benefit analysis in decision making). They're also suppressed in terms of emotion (the mentality that emotions should be generally avoided).

I think Magic explains it much better in the thread.

Anyway, I used to think I was type 1, but after working out the system, it's quite clear I'm type 9.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thx.

Check out magic and my enneagram system in my sig, we break down the types into two variables -- it should be easier to narrow down your type from there.

9 is avoidant in terms of approaching activities (weighing cons higher compared to pros). They're also controlled in terms of emotion (putting lots of effort into figuring out which emotions are useful or not).

1 is anticipating in terms of approaching activities (putting lots of effort into cost/benefit analysis in decision making). They're also suppressed in terms of emotion (the mentality that emotions should be generally avoided).

I think Magic explains it much better in the thread.

Anyway, I used to think I was type 1, but after working out the system, it's quite clear I'm type 9.

Hi Evan,

A while ago I looked at Magic's enneagram system and concluded from it that I was a type 1, rather than the type 4 I had originally thought of myself as being. (however, I've written elsewhere that I think type 4 has resonated with me quite a lot when I'm more stressed, or unhealthy -- I withdraw and become very much like the type 4 unhealthy description)

From your description of 1 vs 9, can't say for sure which I am more prone to. But type 1 seems to make sense for how I operate in life. And...I just don't know that I am on the same wavelength as the type 4 INFJ's.

Thoughts?

(lol...if you're even able to glean anything out of that ramble to comment on!)

lane777

nevermore

Everything there applies, the bold sentence especially hit home... very creepy. I'll definitely check out that Enneagram theory... tomorrow, too much to read at this late hour.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an INFJ who is a 1w2 sx/sp/so. Supposedly 1s don't have much of a "father figure" in their childhood, which fits me very well, my parents divorced when I was 4 and my step-dad was always more of a buddy and a confidant than a father. You could call me the typical idealistic preachy Bleeding Heart Liberal (Ralph Nader and Al Gore are both 1s).

1s disintegrate towards 4 so I wonder how many who are typed as 4 here are actually 1s (that mistype is very common according to Riso and Hudson). 1s integrate towards 7, which explains why when I'm feeling good mentally I start to "come out of my shell", becoming more talkative, goofy, and enthusiastic about things.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't really relate to most of the INFJs here. i feel like just using Ni and Fe doesn't necessarily put us all in the same personality category; this is probably due to different coping mechanisms, blah blah.

i've seen many generalizations about INFJs that everyone seems to agree upon that haven't applied to me at all. maybe this is more of an enneagram thing?

i'm an enneatype 1 sx/sp. i have strong wings in both directions (i grew up with a 9 wing, but a trauma at about age 18 brought out a 2 wing as well.)

what are your enneagram types?

Five.