• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5. I used to think I was a 5w4 because my wing is really strong but I'm indeed a 4.

I think INFJ, perhaps more than any other type, is flooded with inaccurate and absurd stereotypes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4w5. I used to think I was a 5w4 because my wing is really strong but I'm indeed a 4.

I think INFJ, perhaps more than any other type, is flooded with inaccurate and absurd stereotypes.

Do you believe Hitler was an INFJ?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on stereotypes, no doubt.

why so?
I think there are a recurring stereotype of INFJs being super nice creatures incapable of doing any harm. There are people who even say that Jesus was an INFJ (the historical figure, I suppose). Mother Tereza, Gandhi, blah blah blah. As if "pure goodness" was an inherently INFJ trait.

Perhaps the reason I don't doubt the possibility of Hitler being an INFJ is a bit different from the mainstream.
Let's see: First, I used to see him as extrovert figure, but then I realized that much of his charisma and ability to persuade people could easily come from a well-developed (in a ill fashion) Fe. The Fe working together with the Ni can be a powerful weapon, I think. You can read people quite well, you can see underlying reasons and you have a good sense of what-can-be. To cut it short: You can be a massive manipulator and yet look like the most sweet person. So because of that, I think of NiFe or FeNi. I don't completely discard ENFJ but, reading about his hobbies, interests and the way historians present him, I see Hitler as much more of an introvert type. One stereotype I don't have much against is that some INFJs may appear somewhat extroverts, but only to a certain extent, they are still deeply introverted people, which I can see in Hitler's. That's a short explanation, of course, but I think it gives a general idea.

I can't speak for other INFJs but the ability to read into people's minds can be even a bit scary sometimes. If you have bad intentions, it certainly can get a very dark tone. That also makes me think that the award for "all time best (or worst) villains" should go to INFJ's xD.
Ni alone is very rational (for lack of a better word) and one thing that irks me is the notion that Fe is all caring and loving. It can be, of course, but it is not something intrinsic of the function. I see the NiFe pairing as a strong intuitive person who just "get" people. Be it for the good or for the bad. The Ni-Ti loop is also something worth noticing, as the person can get an INTJish manner but with some aggressiveness in it.

With all that said, there are many other stereotypes credited to INFJs that just seem like bullshit.