• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP Enneagram 4 vs 6 vs 9

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The three most common Enneagram types for ISFP seem to be 4, 6 and 9. How do you see these as being different from each other?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Data comes from here.

enneagrammbticorrelation.jpg

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not 100% sure since I don't know any ISFPs, but I'm assuming that ISFP 4's would want to express themselves via art, ISFP 6's would take things at face value as to not stir up any anxieties, and ISFP 9's would care more about the simplicities of life instead of trying to aim for something big.

wolfy

awsm
The three most common Enneagram types for ISFP seem to be 4, 6 and 9. How do you see these as being different from each other?

I guess I see 4 as more open emotionally. Six I haven't really thought about, beatnik style. Nine is more laid back, ironic detachment. Something like that.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 4 ISFP:

mickael_jackson1.jpg

prince.jpg

casablanca-L-1.jpeg

Type 6 ISFP:

017_PP0067Eminem-The-Real-Slim-Shady-Posters.jpg

33ynn4lo.jpg

diana.jpg

(Also my avatar)

Type 9 ISFP:

3260891267_84ebfa206a.jpg

rihanna-a-girl-like-me-malouka220110510162356.jpg

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP 4: Into fashion, appear INFJ at times, physically in tune, dark, moody, highly creative, weird.
ISFP 6: I actually don't know that many or haven't typed them well. From what I guess/ see they are rather cynical and sharp minded giving their overall laid back attitude a bit of an edge. A little nervous.
ISFP 9: More "stereotypical" in my mind: Sitting around a campfire playing guitar with their teva's on. Hippy, love, friendly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP 4: Into fashion, appear INFJ at times, physically in tune, dark, moody, highly creative, weird.
ISFP 6: I actually don't know that many or haven't typed them well. From what I guess/ see they are rather cynical and sharp minded giving their overall laid back attitude a bit of an edge. A little nervous.
ISFP 9: More "stereotypical" in my mind: Sitting around a campfire playing guitar with their teva's on. Hippy, love, friendly.

John Denver.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How are those a Type 6/9? Your Avatar also doesn't look like a 6 either.

Eminem is an agressive paranoid combines with a devoted father: 6. (6w5 So/Sx)

Beyonce and Rihanna are out of touch with their anger, Rihanna especially tend to be passivve-agressiveand has an hard time to say no, they navigate between quiet optimism and outright ebulience. Both are 9w8 Sx/Sp.

Amanda Bynes is the consumate all-about-friend girl next door, she's friendly, joyful and energetic but also scattered and fearfull. 6w7 So/Sx.

Also Paul McCartney or John Lennon. Both seem to have a 9ish streak.

John L was INFP, not ISFP. And none of them are 9s, Paul M is a 3w2 Sp/Sx and John L was a 5w4 Sx/So. It's true that they were "9ish" though, but they're not true 9s.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
John L was INFP, not ISFP. And none of them are 9s, Paul M is a 3w2 Sp/Sx and John L was a 5w4 Sx/So. It's true that they were "9ish" though, but they're not true 9s.
I know you used to type Lennon as INTP, what made you change your mind? And also, why 5w4 Sx/So? Not that I don't agree, I'm just curious because I know very little about him.

Though I disagree that he was "9ish": he was an aggressive, confrontational jerk. The only "9ish" about him is his peace promoting, but that's pretty different from the sort of peace 9's seek, no?

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, so maybe not a 9 at the core, but maybe somewhere in his tritype.

B

brainheart

Well... the more I progress through life the more I am realizing I am probably an ISFP, not an INFP. (Although I put my order as PFIS because that's the order of the strengths). I test as an INFP (PFIN) but the n/s divide is pretty slim and I test higher in Ni than Ne in cognitive functions and Si is really low. I have a terrible memory, for example. I am without question a Fi-dom, but I don't relate so much to the idealistic/ethical nature of the INFP. I have visions of the future in a very Ni-like way, but I suck at brainstorming. I am very experiential and don't necessarily know how I will react in a situation until I'm in it. I derive great pleasure from just being in nature and observing the beautiful. I like the sound of poetry more than trying to divine the meaning. I'd rather experience art than analyze it. When unhealthy my perceptions get really skewed and I can see a lot of weird Ni-like behavior going on- ascribing meaning to things in a way I normally wouldn't, for example.

Anyway... I say all this because as an ISFP 4, I think I seem very INFP like. I tend to relate to INFPs more than I do to most ISFPs, but my INFP friends grasp abstractions more quickly than I do, while I am very observant of my surroundings and love to do physical things. When I get stuck in my internal world (which is often), using my Se really makes me feel better. I think ISFP 4s will seem deeper than the other types, especially if they have a 5 wing, but still more easy going than an INFP 4. With a three wing they'll seem more flamboyant and outwardly expressive.

ISFP sixes seem very much like team players to me, much more conventional, maybe even act like extroverts. I think they are often in medical fields or similar hands on helping people or animal jobs. Or actors. More openly friendly. If they are counterphobic I would suppose they would be more aggressive, but still in a team sort of mindset.

ISFP nines are chill and friendly in a quiet, unassuming way. They strike me as wise and very go with the flow.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree with Michael Jackson being ISFP 4. Jonathan Davis of Korn ISFP 4, too. Don't know any ISFP 6.

My oldest is an ISFP type 9 w/ 8 wing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well... the more I progress through life the more I am realizing I am probably an ISFP, not an INFP. (Although I put my order as PFIS because that's the order of the strengths). I test as an INFP (PFIN) but the n/s divide is pretty slim and I test higher in Ni than Ne in cognitive functions and Si is really low. I have a terrible memory, for example. I am without question a Fi-dom, but I don't relate so much to the idealistic/ethical nature of the INFP. I have visions of the future in a very Ni-like way, but I suck at brainstorming. I am very experiential and don't necessarily know how I will react in a situation until I'm in it. I derive great pleasure from just being in nature and observing the beautiful. I like the sound of poetry more than trying to divine the meaning. I'd rather experience art than analyze it. When unhealthy my perceptions get really skewed and I can see a lot of weird Ni-like behavior going on- ascribing meaning to things in a way I normally wouldn't, for example.

Anyway... I say all this because as an ISFP 4, I think I seem very INFP like. I tend to relate to INFPs more than I do to most ISFPs, but my INFP friends grasp abstractions more quickly than I do, while I am very observant of my surroundings and love to do physical things. When I get stuck in my internal world (which is often), using my Se really makes me feel better. I think ISFP 4s will seem deeper than the other types, especially if they have a 5 wing, but still more easy going than an INFP 4. With a three wing they'll seem more flamboyant and outwardly expressive.

ISFP sixes seem very much like team players to me, much more conventional, maybe even act like extroverts. I think they are often in medical fields or similar hands on helping people or animal jobs. Or actors. More openly friendly. If they are counterphobic I would suppose they would be more aggressive, but still in a team sort of mindset.

ISFP nines are chill and friendly in a quiet, unassuming way. They strike me as wise and very go with the flow.

I agree with this. I was actually seeking a thread that spoke of the correlation between a type having a different "presentation" due to enneagram and instinctual stacking; for example, the meek or very quiet ISFP stereotype that I see perpetuated on-line a whole whole bunch is the ISFP E 9w1. Even an ISTJ who is a 9w1 will be a person who is more easy-going, won't show offense easily (due to the 9s nature of repressing anger or offense until they can't take it anymore when neurotic) and may even be a person of few spoken words. This is because of being a 9, not expressly the definition of ISFP.

I definitely fit your description of an ISFP 6w7 seeming more extroverted in some ways, doing "animal jobs" and "hands on helping people" jobs "or actors" (used to be an exotic dancer for quite a few years) ...and being counterphobic, yes, I am more aggressive. This shows up in four dichotomy tests occasionally as me testing as ISTP or ENTP due to stereotypes, like I couldn't ever be confrontational ...but I think Eminem is a great example of a counterphobic 6w5 ISFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How are those a Type 6/9? Your Avatar also doesn't look like a 6 either.

Also Paul McCartney or John Lennon. Both seem to have a 9ish streak.

Eminem is notoriously a counterphobic 6w5 ISFP.

Beyonce also seems like a good example of of the easy-going, placid ISFP 9 stereotype.

Rihanna, though, I dunno.