• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you not get?

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't really understand the ethical and Si valuing types I've encountered so far. Then, I also don't get 2s or 9s.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Deltas, enneagram 4s, 6s and 9s

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Twos completely bewilder me. Why would you need to be needed and be so desperate to have relationships? I've been a basic loner almost all my life and the less I'm needed, the better. Also, the manipulative and nosy ways of Twos aren't me either.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E8 is a mystery to me and E7 a bit as well. Te or Fe doms can be a bit overwhelming. It's the types that are very strong enacting onto reality. I don't understand that investment in and relationship to reality.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't get people who use their type as a weapon of superiority over other types. I don't get people who don't get how another's type (or personal history, diagnoses, etc.) could affect their behavior and make them act in ways different to oneself.

I do get being annoyed with people who are generally incompatible with you, or even angry/disgusted at times, but I truly don't get thinking one is legitimately superior to another simply because their type (or history, diagnosis, etc.) is superior to another's.

If you are going to judge another, do so on their character, but also take a fucking look at yourself.

This dynamic is probably what I hate about this site the most, perhaps after the relatively high prevalence of manipulative, opportunistic, or sadistic types (which ironically may be caused by extreme diagnosable mental illnesses and/or personality disorders).

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In descending order, ISFP, FP in general, all extroverted types because having such a level of energy is always a mystery to me, my man. (I've just realised that I basically listed all Fi, and it's less that I don't understand Fi in general (save for ISFP, they're a mystery), but when put together into a type (ENFP, ESFP, etc) I look at it as a whole and go, "What is this??? Why are you like this???")

For Enneagram, 9s, 4s. There's not relating, and then there's 'what the DUCK are you doing?' and these types are that.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In descending order, ISFP, FP in general, all extroverted types because having such a level of energy is always a mystery to me, my man. (I've just realised that I basically listed all Fi, and it's less that I don't understand Fi in general (save for ISFP, they're a mystery), but when put together into a type (ENFP, ESFP, etc) I look at it as a whole and go, "What is this??? Why are you like this???")

For Enneagram, 9s, 4s. There's not relating, and then there's 'what the DUCK are you doing?' and these types are that.
I have an exuberant supply of happy sparkles that's how

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe doms: How do you even work?
Good grief, yes. Fe is something I just don't get, though I must admit it is the subject of lots of stereotypes and oversimplifications. I can see its purpose and how it can be used to good effect, I just can't wrap my head around it or approach things that way myself.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good grief, yes. Fe is something I just don't get, though I must admit it is the subject of lots of stereotypes and oversimplifications. I can see its purpose and how it can be used to good effect, I just can't wrap my head around it or approach things that way myself.

Most of what is misconstrued as Fe from me is actually just a terrible fear of having my words be misinterpreted negatively in some way I cannot forsee.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of what is misconstrued as Fe from me is actually just a terrible fear of having my words be misinterpreted negatively in some way I cannot forsee.
Do you mean people view this fear as Fe on your part; or you associate people misinterpreting you with Fe on their part?

I think I have the most trouble with SF types, especially in RL. Often it feels like we are speaking different languages, even in the simplest communications on practical matters. I do much better with NFs, especially NFPs, likely due to shared Fi-Te. Results with NFJs are more mixed. I have had some great discussions with NFJs in RL, but then one of my worst supervisors was an ENFJ. They have a way of trying to manage perceptions at times that can make me hesitant to trust them.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you mean people view this fear as Fe on your part; or you associate people misinterpreting you with Fe on their part?

The first one.

I think I have the most trouble with SF types, especially in RL. Often it feels like we are speaking different languages, even in the simplest communications on practical matters. I do much better with NFs, especially NFPs, likely due to shared Fi-Te. Results with NFJs are more mixed. I have had some great discussions with NFJs in RL, but then one of my worst supervisors was an ENFJ. They have a way of trying to manage perceptions at times that can make me hesitant to trust them.

I tend to get along quite well with NFP types as well. Unlike some NT types, I tend to enjoy their more laid-back and fun demeanor and can appreciate their less purely analytical perspectives.

Me and other NTPs are hit or miss; some have been some of my best friends in life and others just seem a little too rigid for me. I've had more success with ENTP relationships versus other INTPs.

NTJs are cool insofar as it doesn't bother you that most often than not you'll be playing the Gilligan to their Skipper. I don't mind being Glligan sometimes but I do have my moments where I at least want to be treated with the same respect as Mr. Howell.

I'm curious on what you meant when you said managing perceptions. Care to elaborate?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Assertive triad types, notably 8 and 7. I don't relate to E7's motivation at all and those are types I've never considered for myself. I do get 7 is technically a ne-ish type and I relate and value worlds of ne, so with this being said, maybe it weird that I relate to being very ne and being very positive outlook type but not 7. Being a more or less-singleminded person when it comes to my goals and personal projects. I never understood 7s and the spontaneity, and general impulsiveness of the id types/assertive types. 7s are also quick-moving and like to take life at a fastpace and I'm a turtle. I'm much more in my head, and withdrawn, and on the cautious side to be a 7. And I'm a person who needs a lot of recharging and gets drained easily which contradicts a lot with E7. I don't get 7's need to experience all at once. While I'm an open-minded person, I need to pace myself before going from one thing to another.

On paper, I actually think I understand 8s motivation and basic fear to an extent, and I relate to being independent, having a rejection aspect. While I understand this attribute of 8, I have always understood that I'm the most un-8 person who ever walked the earth getting into ennea. Rejecting weakness altogether to the point of frowning upon those who show it and being comfortable with anger, challenging people, taking enjoyment in it is very alien to me.

I can understand wanting to control your own situation, but controlling other people and everything is something that's a headscratcher, and going out of the way to confront people. The choleric temperament overall is very alien to me, and that goes hand-and-hand with 8. It's like their on a whole other plain of operating than I am.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's TiNe.

I don't think Populist Patty, I mean Bernie, is any kind of NTJ.

I knew Jag would object. I do think NT of some type fits. Honestly, I think the reason I find him so appealing is his consistency as well as the fact that so many of his arguments for progressive policies are based around the fact that "this doesn't make sense". He's motivated by a desire to get things done, rather than lame vacillation based on optics or making sure every single person is on board. I think he's actually opened up a place where I can discuss politics and apply logic at the same time; I find I need to have a similar sense of consistency in my approach to things. Imagine that.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I knew Jag would object. I do think NT of some type fits. Honestly, I think the reason I find him so appealing is his consistency as well as the fact that so many of his arguments for progressive policies are based around the fact that "this doesn't make sense". He's motivated by a desire to get things done, rather than lame vacillation based on optics or making sure every single person is on board. I think he's actually opened up a place where I can discuss politics and apply logic at the same time; I find I need to have a similar sense of consistency in my approach to things. Imagine that.

Impromptu mini-lesson time!
I am going to annoy you all with these whenever I feel like it until I get banned forever. I already sit alone in the cafeteria, so I cannot further alienate myself.

His OP type is: MM-Ti/Ne-CP/B(S)

This makes him basically the most extroverted and forceful type of INTP possible. He has Masculine Si and Masculine Fe, which makes him a forceful communicator, teacher, and leader (specifically of Si + Fe stuff... "This is the way the people should do and value things!").