• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you not get?

B

brainheart

4s if you're so focused on being unique, authentic and special, why do you hate yourself so much? why do you feel so much shame and negative emotions? why do you try so hard to be yourself in the first place? isn't it more authentic to do something that you feel like than something that is deliberately against what other people are doing?

1. I only hate myself when I'm unhealthy, and it's because I don't feel unique, authentic, and special. 2. I only feel shame and negative emotions when I'm unhealthy- shame because I don't feel unique, authentic, and special; negative emotions because sometimes they feel good, it feels good to feel anything and everything. 3. It's important to be myself because this is the only life I've got. 4. Yes. I don't go deliberately against what others are doing, I do what I want to do which can be interpreted as "going against" by others.

The enneagram type I don't get at all is Elfboy.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
3 is among the most common types (even the most common according to some enneagram teachers) so you are not seeing them probably because you're mistyping them. even I as a 3, was a friend with a girl who is a 3, for about 4-5 months, and we had quite intimate convos so it wasnt superficial and when i had to guesss her e-type i said she's 1 or 7 - she ended up 3...
I think the common 3 description is probably the most one sided thus limited scrips in egram, right up there with 6 and 9. this is not because egram researchers dropped the ball, its because the primes are the farthest removed in their triads and take on the issues of each side. Its easy then, to understand how these types could be incredibly difficult to categorize, thus recognize and understand. I have just recently come to see myself as a 3 because the description is hazy in many aspects and too focused on things like money, status, and employment. I had to look at parental orientation and core motives many times before I realized it. 3s do often use their careers and status to define but not always. the majoritys perception of surface goodies is beginning to change and more than ever we see people embracing the ” your not your fucking khakis” mentality. 3s are especially adept at knowing what people want and seeing social trends, so more and more 3s are abandoning the classic and outdated symbol of superiority. The can be psychologist, missionaries, starving artists, house wives, anything. But whatever they are they will work relentlessly to be the absolute fucking best of it, and their accomplishments are made known.

Chloe

I think the common 3 description is probably the most one sided thus limited scrips in egram, right up there with 6 and 9. this is not because egram researchers dropped the ball, its because the primes are the farthest removed in their triads and take on the issues of each side. Its easy then, to understand how these types could be incredibly difficult to categorize, thus recognize and understand. I have just recently come to see myself as a 3 because the description is hazy in many aspects and too focused on things like money, status, and employment. I had to look at parental orientation and core motives many times before I realized it. 3s do often use their careers and status to define but not always. the majoritys perception of surface goodies is beginning to change and more than ever we see people embracing the ” your not your fucking khakis” mentality. 3s are especially adept at knowing what people want and seeing social trends, so more and more 3s are abandoning the classic and outdated symbol of superiority. The can be psychologist, missionaries, starving artists, house wives, anything. But whatever they are they will work relentlessly to be the absolute fucking best of it, and their accomplishments are made known.

you think you are a 3? I remember repping you 10 days ago about it, dont know do you remember..

G

Glycerine

1 and 6. I thought I was neurotic but they seem to have me beat by a long shot. One of my friends is a 6w5 ISTJ female.... she's so awesome and funny but I don't relate to the level of neuroticism she has. lol

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
you think you are a 3? I remember repping you 10 days ago about it, dont know do you remember..

Yes I belive I am. And ive had quite a few people message me that thought I was, but honestly I rejected the notion based on the descriptions. And tbf, I do infact have very heavy 4 wing. Probably 55/45 tops. (if there was some way to determine degree.)

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1s why is there a "right" way to do everything? why do you emotionalize all of your habits and get so thrown out of whack when they don't go exactly how you want them to?
It's a control thing. Many 1s see the way the world could be and should be and are disappointed that it isn't. I know for me, there is a long list of things I would change about the world, which may or may not be practical.

Anyway, I also don't get 2s. They seem to make a big deal about how giving they are, which mystifies me. Compassion doesn't exactly come naturally to me.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3s. I don't tend to know that many career-focused people, and from the descriptions I've read of 3 I have this (no doubt faulty and/or incomplete) picture of someone who's just obsessed with their career and looking good.

It doesn't seem that there are many people who identify as 3 on here, either. IRL I can think of people I know who are definitely 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s, and probably 1s and 8s as well though I'm slightly less sure. But 3s? I really don't know.
I dunno. :shrug: One of my best friends is a 3, though. And his obsession with image can be seen in these ways:
1) Vanity ("Does my hair look good? How about now?" Yes, friend, your hair looks good, because it always looks good, because it always looks the same.)
2) Doing absolutely everything that he can do. You don't know how many times I've heard him give me updates on his life that go "So I'm continuing with my plan to become fluent in all of the U.N. Official Languages before I die, and starting to take Chinese, since I'm already proficient in Arabic, Spanish and French. Also, did I tell you that I'm learning to play a fourth musical instrument?"
3) Having a very hard time relaxing/letting go in social situations. Because he's a 3w2, a lot of the image he tries to project is a sort of fairy godmother image -- benevolent, always friendly, always wise, and a perfect host too. So he may seem like he's "letting go" at a party, but that's part of the image too. He seems to be of the impression that in order to REALLY relax, he has to drink. :dry:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3's. who are you trying to impress? why do you care?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

I think some societies glorify the ideal of the unhealthy Three, strange as it sounds. Threes can be fixated on seeking validation from something outside themselves, so they use self-promotion to receive assurance that they're "doing OK". However, if a Three gets stuck on that fixation, they can feel as if they are nothing more than what they do - the "human doing" syndrome (Winona Ryder's character from Black Swan, at least as Nina sees her, is a very good example). The integrated Three discovers a source of confidence within themselves, which allows them to be humble and independent without losing their drive to achieve their goals.

A shame, really. This competitive, cutthroat aspect of society can be quite cruel... :dry:

At least, that's how I see it. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1's, 2's, and 3's. I don't get them fundamentally because all three are so far removed from my own processes. 1's are just very different from myself, while when I read the descriptions of 2's, I just see it through some kind of a bias of unhealthy stereotypes. (And maybe to me, they are unhealthy because I belong to such an age of individualism, and because I myself, am such an individualist), so it takes a lot of extra thought on my part to realize the truth about how 2's work. 3's- love/hate. Definitely. I actually test three a lot but then when reading the description it doesn't make any sense. I think I idolize them more than anything, because if I was a 3, I would have a lot more follow through. 3 is like something that I could use more of.

G

Ginkgo

4s if you're so focused on being unique, authentic and special, why do you hate yourself so much? why do you feel so much shame and negative emotions? why do you try so hard to be yourself in the first place? isn't it more authentic to do something that you feel like than something that is deliberately against what other people are doing?

I feel like it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Looks like Type 3 is the most popular response so far. Anybody who's a 3 want to explain themselves?

Chloe

Looks like Type 3 is the most popular response so far. Anybody who's a 3 want to explain themselves?

i will, once i am on PC, i am currently on iphone.
EDIT: I think 3s are among the least understood because they are the only type that are ready to do almost *anything* to "succeed". all other types have some requierments, other goals, while 3s main goal is to succeed and not to preserve their real "agenda" and heart. Of course this is the most confusing because one of the main human characteristic is to feel and 3s sell themselves out unconsciously. so unhealthy 3 is the least "human like" of all types, at least it acts that way, people cant relate to that.

3s are called "human doings", machines. People dont relate well to machines. Its that simple.

2nd reason, already stated couple of times in the thread : Three descriptions are very unrealistic and extreme, people read the description and say they dont relate to that (even 3s read the descriptions and dont relate !) and aren't aware of people who are 3s in their lives.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My sister's a 3, so I think I understand 3s quite well. It's all about feeling worthy, and if 3s feel that if they're not smart/beautiful/rich/benevolent (or whatever quality they choose to view as 'successful'), they aren't 'worthy' of love. The society the Three lives in will probably determine what the Three does to get "love" (acceptance). Deep down, however, they just want to lie in bed and be completely useless and still have people give them a hug and tell them it's okay to be who they are even when they don't do anything. :hug:

I find it difficult to understand Types 6, 7, 8. I can understand the descriptions, but I just can't seem to relate much to the motivations. (Type 7 needs to be 'happy'? As a 4, I don't feel any real need to be happy. Like, who needs happiness when you can sulk and think about depressing stuff all day? :D)

Chloe

As a 4, I don't feel any real need to be happy. Like, who needs happiness when you can sulk and think about depressing stuff all day? :D)

Happiness is alert to you that something is missing? :happy2: