• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Riva's random Eneagram questions thread.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Any insight for enneagram 729? I've read the links about it, but I need others own perspectives about this tritype.

R

Riva

Any insight for enneagram 729? I've read the links about it, but I need others own perspectives about this tritype.

Read the link about it?

I mean there are links to read on tyitypes?

I would love to see them. Could you paste them please?

R

Riva

The wing?

Why does the wing has to be either one of the numbers which are next to one's enneagram type? Could the wing be a number which is not next to one's E number?

Ex - 5w7, 8w6...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does the wing has to be either one of the numbers which are next to one's enneagram type? Could the wing be a number which is not next to one's E number?

Ex - 5w7, 8w6...

The xwing is always adjacent to the type. The wings represent the two different side of a same type that people usually have glitch in, it's related to the directions of integration/disintegration. For example, 7w6 are more mental, so more connected to 5 under stress, while 7w8s are more instinctive and so more connected to 1 under stress; 6w7 are more assertive and positive and so more connected to the assertive side of Type 3 and the opotmistic side of Type 9, while 6w5 are more withdrawing and controled and then more connected to the controlled side of type 3 and the withdrawing side of type 9, etc.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The xwing is always adjacent to the type. The wings represent the two different side of a same type that people usually have glitch in, it's related to the directions of integration/disintegration. For example, 7w6 are more mental, so more connected to 5 under stress, while 7w8s are more instinctive and so more connected to 1 under stress; 6w7 are more assertive and positive and so more connected to the assertive side of Type 3 and the opotmistic side of Type 9, while 6w5 are more withdrawing and controled and then more connected to the controlled side of type 3 and the withdrawing side of type 9, etc.

7w8s have a stronger connection to 1 under stress?
....maybe you were right about me

R

Riva

Oh thank you Speed! :)

Question -

So it means the wing is not entirely the traits of that E type but an indication of the side to which one falls to when under stress/growth? (Ex - 7w6 to 5 than anything to do with 6 and 7w8 to 1 than anything to do with 1?).

or in other words,

A 7w6 is actually a 7 who's more inclined to be more 5ish when under stress/growth than having connections to E 6?

G

garbage

So why is the "instinctual subtype" system treated as intertwined with the "Enneagram" system? It seems like it's independent enough and has enough merit to stand on its own as a separate system. It could stand on its own and be used to potentially 'color' Enneagram types just as we sometimes use Enneagram type to 'color' MBTI types.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So why is the "instinctual subtype" system treated as intertwined with the "Enneagram" system? It seems like it's independent enough and has enough merit to stand on its own as a separate system. It could stand on its own and be used to potentially 'color' Enneagram types just as we sometimes use Enneagram type to 'color' MBTI types.
They are separate systems actually. I think it was Oscar Ichazo or someone who started combining them, but they are independent from each other.

R

Riva

Christopher Eccleston from Othello

No actor has played Iago as well as Christopher Eccleston has. And if you have watched the movie you would easily see that he is an INTJ.

But I need to know what the enneagram type is.

Here is a clip from the movie -

5w4?

Sx/Sp?

R

Riva

^

If anyone has watched Christopher Eccleston's version of Iago please help me type his enneagram type and instinctual variant. To prevent this post from getting ignored I'm afraid I'll have to summon some people to help me type him thereby help me distinguish between different enneagram types. I might be breaking some forum rules by doing this.

@Jennifer
@Elfboy
@Speed Gavroche

Don't know whether you'd agree with each other though.

Sorry for the disturbance people!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
I think you're 6w7 So/Sx, but I could also see 3w2 or 2w3.

R

Riva

I think you're 6w7 So/Sx, but I could also see 3w2 or 2w3.

That was quick so thank you!

But dear Elfboy I summoned you to type Iago played by Christopher Eccleston which I have posted a clip of in the previous page and not to seek help to type myself.

Thank you loads for your feedback on me though. You have guessed that type for me before. A lot of people from Ventrilo believe I am an So/Sx 7w6 (not 6w7).

6w7 or 7w6 So/Sx probably 2 for head fix and 9 for gut fix

Thank you again. If you could find time please watch that video I have posted of Christopher Eccleston.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking 6w5 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp gone off his rocker

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
iNTj 7w8/3w4/9w8 makes sense!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intj 7w8, is that even possible I wonder. I need examples real life or fictional.

Ren Maaka from Chibi Vampire

R

Riva

No Country for Old Men

Llewelyn Moss's enneagram type? And the instinctual variant please.

MBTI type seems ISTP for sure.

The thread of the movie on the MBTI type typing is here.

R

Riva

Ideal instinctual variants for MBTI types -

No still didn't read any significant material on enneagram types. Only internet articles.

For IxxPs - SO 1st

Though social they tend to come across as a bit too moody, staying away for too long before reemerging to interact/socialize and sometimes never. So being SO 1st would balance things out. I'm thinking SP second though it'd hard for me to imagine any person without an SX.

For IxxJs - SX 1st or SO/SX

Do I even have to explain?

For ExxP - SP 1st

Again?

For ExxJs - Hmm.. SX 1st.