• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What's your Enneagram Tri Type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6/1w9/4w3 (an 8 fix wouldn't be completely outside the realm of possibility)

4w3-6w5-9w1 probably, but there's no good way to put it into your profile without adding it to your signature.
I think you are 1w9 fixed. you have stronger moral preference than the less opinionated 9w1 and are more willing to confront people over them rather than letting things slide.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am 458, the Scholar. I technically score higher in 8 than 5 though, so would that make me 485? Somewhere I read that the order is not based on preference, but dictated by center (i.e. Heart prefers head and then gut, gut prefers head and then heart)-- though not sure if that's true.

If it is, I am 458
If it isn't, I'm 485.

I don't bother with wings except for my core, though I do find the concept of "doubling up" interesting (as I do with 5). I have had people think I'm a 5 though it's usually my third or fourth highest test score-- 4, 8, 5, 1 (with the last two switching places, I think based on my health).

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I am not entirely sure.

If i average out how I've behaved over my life to date (which would weight a lot towards my childhood, as I'm only 20), probably 584. But if based on how I behave more recently, from late teens onward, probably 461.

What I have in my sig is just a guess.

You have to take into account that i'm only 20 so my personality may not be completely developed even now.

Last edited:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w3 6w7 9w1.

On rare past occasions, I have wondered if I was 6 or 9 because 4s (usually sx, 8-fixed, or both) who are more aggressive and openly rebellious than I am. I do have that side of me, but I can count on one hand the number of people who are close enough to me to see it. I get angry at myself way more easily than at other people. It matters more to me to defy and push the limits of my own body and mind - the fight is turned inward, which typically just looks like asceticism on the outside. When I go and research 6 and 9 it's very quickly apparent that they are not my core, especially compared to the accuracy of the 4's core fear and essential fixations. The ways in which I relate to those types are always issues that 4 can also produce, if not every variant of 4. Furthermore...as soon as I start imagining another type, then I begin to notice all of those people and how I don't fit with them, so that feeling wasn't reliable to go by in the first place.

Technically, I remember that a heart type should list their head fix second, but I have the 9 first in my signature right now because I'm just feeling more like that one lately.

I'm not very fond of my subtyping and wish I was 8-fixed and sx-first, but people with those subtypes know the problems with them better than I ever could. That I feel that way about them is the surest evidence that they are not my subtypes. What I should do is come up with what my own subtype is good for.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1-7w6-4w3, I think. I typed myself as 9w1-3w4-7w6 when I first read about tritype, but after rereading the 369, 379, 469, and 479 descriptions I felt like 479 (9-7-4 specifically) was by far the most accurate.

JJ4000

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w4-4w5-8w7 sx/so
The Scholar

I have to say, I think the tritype is quite a vital part of what makes the Enneagram more accurate than other typologies. I found myself reading Naranjo and other people describing the types for Type Five, and while I could relate on the fundamental aspects of detachment and isolation, it seemed odd that certain (fairly major) parts of my behavior did not match up with the descriptions. Knowing your tritype, your wings and your instinctual subtype, amalgamates all the potential for the Enneagram into a profoundly accurate statement about the kinds of solutions you have come to during the course of your life. Of course, our individual experience has variation, but it's damn good.

Turtle

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Between 6w5-9w1-4w3 and 6w5-9w1-2w3. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Still not sure between 728 and 729. :/ I'm definitely a core 7w6 and I'm definitely 2w3 influenced (some people even thought of me as 2w3) but with 9 vs 8 it's hard to tell. It's even harder when 7 can both run away from conflict to avoid pain or directly put themselves in the line of fire. Changing it around could write off the other option as 7 influence.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine is 9w8-3w2-5w6. Haven't seen it around much. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1w2-7w6-3w4, "The Systems Builder"

I relate a lot to the Fauvres' video description of the 137 tritype: wanting to do the right thing (1), look good doing it (3), and have an awesome time (7). Really action-oriented.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
6w5-4w5-1w2, "The Philosopher"

I do relate to much of the description:

Last edited:

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
p6w7>4w3>9w1 or 1w9, I dunno. Growing up with a 1 may have influenced that.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm a 4w5 9w8 5w4 aka Kreativ catlady. love absurdity, being alone, maladaptive daydreaming and cozy, incubating spaces (physical and emotional). i took some unauthorized enneatype test awhile ago, got this result and surprisingly, it fits.

i saw one person with this tritype on perC awhile ago but it seems to be fairly uncommon; most 4w5 INFPs appear to have 5w4 or 9w1 second which i don't think i have. i definitely have 5w4 to a degree but it isn't tooo strong. anyone else? i am very deeply feeling + introverted above all. everything relates back to my ecosystem of emotions.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
458 > 459.

As a 4, I'm already out of touch with my intrinsic essence so I'm not 100 percent on the gut fix.

*avariel*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6w5-4w5-1w2 sp/so ("The Philosopher")