• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneatype look alikes

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost feel like 7 and 4 are like yin and yang on the same coin. both of them want to escape to a sort of ideal fantasy world and frequently feel dissatisfied with reality. the difference being that the ideal world of a 4 is more melancholic, tragic and dark while the ideal world of a 7 is fun, adventurous and full of good food, lavish comfort and sex (so if you're like me and have both in your trifix, your ideal world is probably similar to an anime lol)

my life being like an anime sounds more like hell to me

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't buy the "counter depressive 4" thing though (more often called "counter shame" I believe). Channeling "shame" into "I'm special, not defective" & creating an identity by romanticizing their perceived flaws is something all 4s do.

The 4/7 look-alike can happen because in addition to the shared intensity & idealism, the 7 is not always successful at distracting themselves from their anxieties & fears, and so they can have moments of feeling down, but they don't define themselves with those feelings like 4s do.

Chloe

- 1w9s and 3w4s
- counter phobic 6w7s and 7w8s
- career focused 8w7s and 3s
- counter phobic 6w7 and 8w7
- Sp 8 and 5 (particularly if the 8 is an NT)
- 2s and 9s
- Sx 3s and So 4s
- 3w4 and 5w4 (particularly if the 3w4 has an academic or intellectual background)
- Sx 9s and 4s
- Sp 9s and 5s
- idealistic 8s and charismatic 1s
- compliant types (1, 2 and 6)
- withdrawn types (4, 5, 9)
- assertive types (3, 7, 8)
- Sx 5s and Sp 4s
- 7s and counter depressive 4s
- Sp 7s and 9s
- So 7s and So 2s
- 8s and anyone who has had a tough life/learned to be strong
- 3w2s So 7s
- 3w2 Sx/So and 8
- 4w3s and 6w7s
- 4w5s and 6w5s

so .. you mean basically everybody? :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/So of any type and 8. both have a sort of "I'm taking over, move ova bitches!" vibe to them

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I almost feel like 7 and 4 are like yin and yang on the same coin. both of them want to escape to a sort of ideal fantasy world and frequently feel dissatisfied with reality. the difference being that the ideal world of a 4 is more melancholic, tragic and dark while the ideal world of a 7 is fun, adventurous and full of good food, lavish comfort and sex (so if you're like me and have both in your trifix, your ideal world is probably similar to an anime lol)

Pretty much. For a long time in my life, my thinking was very fantasy-based. It was my escape, my inspiration, my creative outlet... it was so much of my personal identity. Of course, as you get older, you become a lil more grounded, but I often miss the constant color of that sort of mental life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can't say for sure, but I'm a sx 1 and always test as an 8.

Sx 1w9s look more like 9s to me (Joan Sutherland)
Sx 1w2s look more like 7s (Natalie Portman and Lucy Liu)