• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 468/9 here!!!

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Recently I've realized that this 2 tritypes define me most.

The 4 is there, for sure.
The 6 is like a support in the external world. I move constantly through this 2 types.
The 8 is more difficult to find, (my gut development is quiet low) and is more 9ish.

My 6 would be somewhat counterphobic I think (when I was a child I was completely phobic).
469 is a posibility too. But doesn't fit very well I think. The 6 (cp) is more related to 8.
I can get pretty aggresive, but this rage is more mental, not with a power focus. And when I get to my gut center I can see some 9 in there.
I don't have too much self confidence, but I rarely show it. I can act like a badass but always looking over my shoulder to see if there is more danger.

I didn't find the type descriptions of this two to post here. Maybe is deleted...

I want to know more about this 2 tritypes, especially 469.
Anyone???

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi, I'm a 469 as well.

I have a very strong connection to all 3 types. Not Sx first, but also counter-phobic. I can get really defensive-reactive sometimes, as you said it is more mental and looks like an aggressive 8 on the outside. if the confrontation drags on long my 9 will pull me out of it and i will cool down/try to avoid after a while. Wasting that much energy is not something I do. I also do not like conflict, but sometimes I can't help my reactive side and just blow up. I'm also an INFP, but a 6 core. either Sp/Sx or So/Sx....can't tell because So first has a lot of confusing descriptions.

468 is the most reactive and counter phobic type out there. Highly volatile, no bs archetype.

I have detailed descriptions over on another website :\...but its been fracking up lately...can't load it right now. Will get back to you with both 468 and 469 descriptions later.

One other thing.

469 is more doubtful then 468. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts and the 9 can't decide.

468 – The Truth Teller Archetype

These 2 tritypes come across as very different because the 8 in the 486 makes the 6 counter phobic and therefore comes across as more aggressive. The 469 comes across as more passive aggressive.
The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent makind a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

*most reactive-468, 864, 648

The 468 is constantly calling off truth as they see it and sees it as their business to warn people of the potential downfalls and pitfalls in the emotional and mental world. It's the type in each center that is "truth telling" and tends to be the most reactive, even hyperreactive. She said it's typically sexual subtype, but she's seen social too. There's a tendency to feel an acute sense of disappointment because their incredibly acuity at seeing the problems ahead or the potential pitfalls of any situation causes people to misunderstand their reactivity and emotionality.

If you are 468, you are intuitive, inquisitive and direct. You want to be original, certain and straight-forward. You are highly sensitive, track inconsistencies and are like the ‘canary in the coal mine’ calling off unspoken agendas, motives and emotions. You are also very intense and can at times be rebellious and emotionally reactive. Your life mission is to identify what is insincere and not what it appears to be, and alert others of potential hazards. A whistleblower, you are happiest when you are in a position to help others from being misled. You can be so focused on what can go wrong and on potential hazards that you miss how controlling you become and your impact on others and what is truly important and meaningful.

468...intensity

where 468 push for a response while 459 move away.

You have all three Immediate Responder Enneacards
(Enneagram Types: 4, 6 & 8) in your Enneaspread.
You see yourself as intense, responsive, challenging and instinctive. You avoid insincerity and people with hidden agendas. Like a canary in a coal mine, you are sensitive to what others miss. You tend to react strongly to pretense, seeking to call off the truth before moving forward.

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

the 468 is a true challenger and truth teller. The 4 may be shy but this Tritype is very intense and reactive--quick to speak their mind. The 485 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts but less reactivity. Sexual instinct with 4 dominant makes both tritypes more intense. The 468, however, is more dutiful and feisty whereas the 458 is one of the tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

As a sx468, It will feel counter-intuitive but you can learn ways to manage the anxiety that is underneath the reactivity. When you feel threatened and the fear of being inadequate rises, take a long deep breath and exhale....first...It is simply your adrenaline running and filling you with emotional anxiety. It is emotional panic and fear of isolation, blame, abandonment and/or separation. It feels life threatening so remind yourself that the intense feelings will decrease... stay connected to your gut and you will feel more connected to yourself. That way you can deliver your truth of the message and be heard rather than becoming the problem.
4s in general hold the archetype of the mystery, the erotic feminine principle, chaos, beauty, tragedy, and most of all the role of emotional familiarity. The 468 is meant to name the emotional truth that is unspoken and therefore missing and to go on a quest to find it.

Each Enneagram Type has a trap, a hook so to speak. The trap for the 468 to believe that your identity is tied to what you name and to need others to acknowledge it or believe it. If you hold on to the higher truth of your intuitive insights rather than your feelings surrounding them, more and more, they will flow through you to the right person, at the right time. I have found the 468 to be at times one of the most challenging Tritypes but more importantly, by far one of the most sensitive, intuitive, compassionate and heroic.

The 468 has a counter-phobic 6 and.... the 4 is counter-envious... as in...they hate being envious and try to contain their their negative emotions. The problem is that the 468 is impulsive and emotional....often confronting before they think about it.

The 486 is much more assertive that the 416. The 461 tends to being very critical of themselves to avoid being criticized. This tritype is very particular The 416 hesitates and the 486 impulsively reacts. A perceived threat to the primary instinct triggers the tritype.

‎846 vs 845. These two tritypes are very different. Both take charge and seek solutions. The 846 is one of the most confrontational tritypes. The other is the 836. The 6 amplifies the 8 need for loyalty and trust. The 845 is more introverted and introspective. The 854 has 5 as a line of connection as well as in the tritype and makes this 8 more scholarly and focused on depth.

4-6-8 - The Hot Head

This type is characterize by their reactivity. The tend to initiate conflict and take offense easily. They me feel that everyone is out to get them.

468 - Inquisitive and direct 4. Most rebellious, reactive and direct 4, especially if sexual subtype.

The 458 is an active archetype...just more withdrawn...not passive like the librarian... more the expert as they gather knowledge but have a very definite point of view like the 478 and 468.

Other persistent tritypes are the 125, 145, 468. Aggression with tenacity or persistences makes one able to be relentless in their pursuits.

The 468 has the instinctual, emotional type in each center. And, there is a need to call off the truth of what is unspoken. I find the 468 to be very persistent... relentlessly so when seeking whatever ignites their passion

eight with a four fix: the moody, loner eight. distinct outsider quality; as if on a highly
personal mission. tendency to feel exempt from conventional rules
and circumstances.

6-4-8 Direct and intuitive 6, most reactive and feelingful, most rebellious tends to vacillate between feeling 8ish or 4ish.

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than say a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn, passive (9) and avoidant (5).

The 468 is always visible as this tritype shoots from the hip and voices their concerns and opinions. They are the truth tellers.

I'm a 468. I'm direct, as I find this is the best way to communicate my feelings, or myself to others (being as sensitive as I am, I try my best to be compassionate, or not step anyone's toes while doing this. My mom says this makes me articulate). I feel confident in certain areas, but not so much in others (though I'd die if anyone knew that.) Others have told me I am funny, and seem tough (though I cry at the drop of the hat.) I'm a good judge of character, and am very intuitive. I can tell when people are dishonest or not how they want to seem, and it frustrates me when others do not see things from my perspective. If a friend undermines my judgment, I feel betrayed, and they seem disloyal. I find my biggest struggle is feeling hypersensitive. I can recognize when I'm being that way, but if something upsets me, it's often an incredibly overwhelming and powerful feeling that I feel I can't just put aside. At the time, I feel reacting is standing up for myself, but I later feel badly for hurting someone else.

In that case is much more possible the 468 because adds an intensity in 6 that makes it look like a 4.

Sx 4s, 6s and 8s can all be pretty [blocked due to guideline #4 violation]ing ruthless in their extermination of foes; take a sx 684 and you have a veritable pit bull, someone who potentially sees extermination as their mission. And given the truth telling nature of that tritype and sx/so (at least their truth), that tendency is also compounded. (Truth telling= extermination of lies)

I think all the emotion and reactivity of the 684 tritype and the passion and impulsiveness of sx/so is more than enough to over-ride the typical 6w5 characteristics of caution and consideration.

As a 468, I find it tough to be up all the time. I see the darkness, the shadow, that the emperor has no clothes, I see the truth behind the persona, the lie we tell collectively to avoid the pain underneath...

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

Has anyone else with this tritype had trouble letting things go?
When I finally got that I was a 6 I was able to see how I tested and provoked all the time. Finding out that I am a 684 really helped me to see even more.
Most of the time, I am playful and teasing. I watch 8 come in and push my 6 even more into justice issues. I am super loyal, too a fault. I like to have fun but I can be trouble now and then. I get that 4 is my heart type so I can be over the top at times. My emotions take over and it happens so fast that it is hard to manage my tendency to blurt. I call a spade a space which is why I thought I was an 8. I can see that I also need depth and meaning and am moody like a 4.
When they all come together in reaction I am way too intense for people. I still fight this tendency.

I also know a sp/sx 6w7 684. He's probably the most independent 6 I've ever known. Could be mistaken for an 8. His reactivity and intensity comes out much more in his actions and the sp hides a lot of it from view. You see the consequences of his reactivity rather than the reactivity itself.

Rebelling, reacting, and defending. (4-6-8)

Being a 468 and with the sexual instinctive center I find myself in a constant exploration of truth, and I find I discover my truth most profoundly in meaningful,open,intimate,honest connections that serve this higher purpose and not the relationship itself. It is the honest healthy mirroring that propels this quest into an accelerated personal growth of enlightenment.

The sx 468 is very impacted by truth and speaking to what is hidden, unknown or unspoken. The intensity of the sx 468 puts this tritype on the fast track.

sp 468. Truth is fundamental in my life too, it requires calm, openness, free from mental noise or emotional reaction. Slow exploring and understanding. It feels like being free from emotional hooks and forget false views from the society without fighting them, to restore a peaceful and benevolent sense of my own goodness and truth at 1. After that I can become really happy and powerful at helping others by simply explaining what I've understood about life.

The 458, 468 and 478 are all truth tellers in their own way. The 468 is the one that is hyper reactive and still seeks a fair authority.

as an Ennea-type 8 with a tritype of 846, the 4 heart fix plays out in an 8ish way. You still see the 8's motivations driving the 4, but the outward appearance of the defense mechanisms or behaviors becomes 4ish in nature when the heart fix gains prominence. This would be the same for the head fix.

468. As a 4, I don't like doing things. I like living things. So I try to find the things in which doing becomes living. It's wrting novels, short stories, writing and recording music. What I like best is listenning to the result when it's, beautiful, touching, complete and magical. I'm my geatest fan. But also love learning from people that have gone further than me, in reading or talk. Now I develop an other mode of doing where discipline is focused on. This is training. I love training to play or sing as perfectly. as I can. I relax, concentrate, leave eveything behind. It's energizing and brings clarity and purity. In this mode, 6 disapear, 4 stops self absobtion. 1 rules.
I can't speak for other 486s, but I like ideas and the search for truth and meaning, which means I'm constantly searching for new information, constantly curious, and one train of thought leads to another. (I even speak in parenthetical notes!) However, I feel better about myself when I get up and do more physical tasks, such as doing artwork, gardening, organizing, or cooking. I also find that when it comes to my teaching career, I'm motivated more by calling than duty. The focus on reading and research in order to understand theoretical foundations, derive meaningful insights, and gain inspiration to share with students is my constant driving force. (i've got a big, strong 5 wing operating underground, too.)

684 The Truth Teller. Direct and intuitive 6. This is the most reactive, creative and feelingful 6. Highly rebellious, this 6 is almost always the counter-phobic 6 with a heroic nature. Generally this 6 vacillates between being 8ish or 4ish.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnerable, at the mercy of injustice, being inadequate, emotionally cut off ordinary, commonplace, and abandoned.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
6s identify a source to prove
4s identify a source to impress
648 reactive, edgy

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective.

The 468 feels more inclined to be the truth teller at all costs so they take greater risks

I'm pretty intense and reactive. Inside I carry alot of anger, shame, protectiveness, and courage. I have to take alot of deep breaths throughout the day to center myself...I'm willing to confront people which has gotten me in alot of trouble, if I have a conflict with someone I like it to be finished...I like things out in the open...I am very invested in what is really going on underneath the surface...so I'm thinking 468.

sexual instinct combined with the 6 and 8 brings a strong sense of justice and a great need for loyalty. The sx 468 craves and gives devotion. The 468's heart is broken if they feel unseen or invisible to those they are bonded to...it feels like a deep betrayal if they feel like their feelings don't matter. They can't move forward until they feel heard. David says love your 4, hate your 4 but don't ignore your 4. When hurt, this tritype can come across as an emotional 8.
I know that in an intimate relationship that I feel deeply hurt and betrayed when my partner doesn't validate what I see or feel. For example, I have said to boyfriends "that girl was flirting with you and she was disrespecting me." If my partner dismisses me, doesn't acknowledge what I know happened, then I am deeply wounded....I start attempting to drive my point home by getting louder or being persistent. I wanted him to let me know that my intuition was right and display to the girl that he was taken. I have found that it helps the 468 and the 4 in general to remember that others for the most part are not trying to be insensitive. They simply see the situation through a different lens. The key is to remember that as a 4, you know and feel things at a deep and intuitive level. But....it is also important to remember that you will feel much better about your circumstances when you put your insights into context ...Think of how the other person might be feeling based on their type and life experiences rather than your own. The trap for the 468 is to feel hurt by drawing the wrong conclusion from a disappointing interaction. Your intuitions are correct but your conclusion may be flawed if you haven't considered the context....

Do you feel angry with him and then angry with yourself for being angry? Most sexual 468 do....It triggers the feelings of being inadequate. Be kind to the part of you that feels insignificant to your mate. Remember who you are...find the way that you unconsciously denigrate your feelings. It may elude you, but it is always there for 4s. Your reality is real. Simply add the critical data that will remind you that you are whole and complete regardless of how you feel treated, It is a very tall order for any 4 or sexual subtype but especially for the sexual 468. :) It can, however be the way back to your true self when you feel hurt and disoriented.
Don't be [angry/ashamed], it's the way you were made. And, that 4 intensity, when channeled, can change other's lives for the better. 4s are pioneers in their own way, and Sx4s can be very powerful. The fear of abandonment with 4s is very high, so they unconsciously over blame themselves for relationship issues. The more autonomous types have the opposite problem and need to become more self aware of their healthy dependencies and of their role in impacting others.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

The sx 469s want the security of that comes with a trusted relationship. Grief can feel overwhelming and many have shared feeling flooded. They also report that grief brings up fear.

Both the 469 and 269 tend to be passive. The 269 is more engraciating. The 469 is more aloof.

The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent making a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut! The struggle is with doubt and inaction.

9s fear being in conflict. 479 vs 469. Look at the level of confidence and optimism. The 7 brings a light touch with magical thinking, hoping for the best. In contrast, the 6 brings support and loyalty. Both are highly intuitive but the 469 has more doubts - The 479 is more future oriented, focusing on the possibilities. The 469 is more dutiful with a heavier heart, fearing that they can't make enough of a difference.
‎469s report a fear of making ten wrong decision and then having feelings of painful self consciousness and shame for having done so.... But also for not making a decision.

If 6 is dominant in the 469 tritype, there are more obvious fears and concerns. However, 946 and 469 are equally troubled by insecurities.
All 3 types have a little paralysis through analysis. And all 3 hate conflict. ;)) The 469 experiences extreme self doubt and hesitates more than other 4s. It is a shy 4 but they do have their own opinions...they are just reluctant to voice them. The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions. The 964 is plagued with indecision too and can look like a 6 but they are not as inclined to seek opinions from others. They just avoid the conflict hoping it will resolve itself.

The 469 is the most doubting tritype regardless which type is in charge. It is also the tritype that most struggles with a constant sense of self. They can also be somewhat passive. The only tritype more passive is the 269. The 269 is happier in presentation.

Regarding doubt for the 469: I think Katherine said that the 4 has self-doubt, the 6 doubts themselves and others and the 9 has the believer/doubter dichotomy.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

469 is going to have more difficulty being separate from others. More shame and anxiety about being different. There would be more checking in with others.

(4)-6-9 - The Normative 4
4-(6)-9 - The Withdrawn 6
4-6-(9) - The Reactive 9

This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion.

6-4-9
Accepting and intuitive, most emotional and passive, can think they are a 2 or a sexual subtype. Most doubting 6.

This will often explain why non 6s that are not self-preserving wonder why they run high anxiety. For example, the 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

946: Intuitive and inquisitive 9. Most inclined to hesitate and feel doubt and uncertainty. Most gentle, passive 9. High anxiety.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

Anxiety and worry increase with the 1 and doubt and uncertainty with the 9. Examine your motivations rather than your behaviors. This is especially difficult for the 6, but more so for the 649 as all 3 types tend to doubt as a defense strategy. This is the Tritype that is most reluctant to take a stand for their "own" opinion until they are angry. The 641 has all 3 types that fear making a mistake and being at risk for having done so. They tend to be more likely to show frustration and to correct and instruct others ( especially for the so 641).

your descriptions sound more like sp1 in the gut. As a sp6 you have a natural iine of connection to sp9. Research has shown that you move to your wings and lines of connection with the same dominant instinct running the show. When your sp6 moves to sp9 and sp3 it is momentary and adding to you sp6. When you shift in your tritype your sp6 shifts to the 1 for solutions and runs all permutations of the 1 driven by the needs and concerns of the self-pres. The confusion may be that sp1 worries much like a 6 but the focus is on improving. So your instinct may have made it more difficult to land on the 614. Take your time. The 694 is much more hidden and inhibited. The 641 is focused on the perfecting and refining...getting it right.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
6s identify a source to prove
4s identify a source to impress
649 doubting, insecure

I'm 649 too...some days 469, and some 964
My mind automatically scans for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever I'm focusing on *me* (for example putting myself 'out there' with my music - which is my absolute heart and soul). Whenever my self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever I've made a personal *effort* to engage or simply self-express to others, I'm basically a wreck.
However if attention is not on me, I'm fine...often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with my inner self, entertaining myself with my mind, desires, fantasy...I can do that in my own privacy and on my own terms and I'm happy to not need others. But I'm too often pulled to find myself in the world (and show myself to it) to stay isolated for long. I can (and often do) get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing myself out there for fear of rejection and not being what I envision myself to be (wish to be). I have a lot of 'go along' energy that I fall back on when I need emotional and psychic rest.

I think my tritype is 469. It particularly plays itself out in the social realm via shame, feeling utterly different, feeling hunted when very insecure (with no real external evidence to back the feeling up) and then by succumbing to a desire to merge with the group by lying down and playing 'dead' like a puppy. The merging brings short-term relief until my need to express myself takes over. If I can't I feel sickened by my lack of authenticity, if I can I do which opens me up to feeling exposed and ashamed again so I withdraw to avoid feeling hunted.

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

The 649 ponders...thinks and rethinks. They are introspective like the 459...just more people oriented. Their shame is in making a mistake...they must get it right like the 461 but do not feel that they can easily say their opinion our loud due to a fear that they might make a mistake.
As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you!!!

Still split between this two tritypes.
8w9/9w8

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you!!!

Still split between this two tritypes.
8w9/9w8

o.o ok, lets try something. Explain why you think you have an 8 in the tritype? What points towards that?

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because i feel identified with the 8w9 in some things

I have some steadines and toughness, not that much, but I can see it.
And I can clearly see the anger in me.
I do not dislike conflict very much, is very easy to me to get aggresive.

I don't identify with the 9 very much. But with the w8 makes much more sense to me. Same with 8.

I see that you have the 9w1, I think that this type would make a more visible 9.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking that when I am new/unsure about something, I am 4-6-9. Sometimes I fall to 4-6-9, depending on the situation. Then as time goes on, I become more 4-6-8, as I become much more sure of what I believe. I think it may be a matter also of ISTP becoming more ESTP as they become comfortable with a situation. Also, it seems to be possibly a situation of phobic/counterphobic 6. If someone annoys me, I usually go to 4-6-8. So for some people, it can be a shocker to watch someone who is pretty uncertain suddenly tell them like it is. :laugh: I think 4-6-8 is always there, but to gain information and understanding, I use 4-6-9. I dislike it when I am in 4-6-9 mode and I am annoyed by someone. My 4-6-9 modes can feel easily taken advantage of. I prefer 4-6-8. I think tritype can be a choice, at least it is for me. Sometimes I change it to give people what they seem to want from me. I'm not sure if this is healthy or not, because it tends to devolve into passive-aggression. I believe I've tended to go to 4-6-9 often to try to get along with others, but that's not the way to go. I shouldn't try to be someone I am not for someone else. I think when I've been more comfortable and 9'ish, sometimes other personalities can react to this from the feeling that they can bulldoze over me, and it causes more problems for me than anything, because I'm not a 9. I think I can also be much more 9'ish when I just feel like it. I think 9 is a very comfortable place, and one in which I can gain information and grow. 8 many times feels more commanding and less learning. I use them when I feel like it, or when I find them necessary for the task at hand.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Recently I've realized that this 2 tritypes define me most.

The 4 is there, for sure.
The 6 is like a support in the external world. I move constantly through this 2 types.
The 8 is more difficult to find, (my gut development is quiet low) and is more 9ish.

My 6 would be somewhat counterphobic I think (when I was a child I was completely phobic).
469 is a posibility too. But doesn't fit very well I think. The 6 (cp) is more related to 8.
I can get pretty aggresive, but this rage is more mental, not with a power focus. And when I get to my gut center I can see some 9 in there.
I don't have too much self confidence, but I rarely show it. I can act like a badass but always looking over my shoulder to see if there is more danger.

I didn't find the type descriptions of this two to post here. Maybe is deleted...

I want to know more about this 2 tritypes, especially 469.
Anyone???

Firstly, I too am a 468. Welcome!
Secondly, I love Eva with the love of a million billion shiny sunshinez.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking that when I am new/unsure about something, I am 4-6-9. Sometimes I fall to 4-6-9, depending on the situation. Then as time goes on, I become more 4-6-8, as I become much more sure of what I believe. I think it may be a matter also of ISTP becoming more ESTP as they become comfortable with a situation. Also, it seems to be possibly a situation of phobic/counterphobic 6. If someone annoys me, I usually go to 4-6-8. So for some people, it can be a shocker to watch someone who is pretty uncertain suddenly tell them like it is. :laugh: I think 4-6-8 is always there, but to gain information and understanding, I use 4-6-9. I dislike it when I am in 4-6-9 mode and I am annoyed by someone. My 4-6-9 modes can feel easily taken advantage of. I prefer 4-6-8. I think tritype can be a choice, at least it is for me. Sometimes I change it to give people what they seem to want from me. I'm not sure if this is healthy or not, because it tends to devolve into passive-aggression. I believe I've tended to go to 4-6-9 often to try to get along with others, but that's not the way to go. I shouldn't try to be someone I am not for someone else. I think when I've been more comfortable and 9'ish, sometimes other personalities can react to this from the feeling that they can bulldoze over me, and it causes more problems for me than anything, because I'm not a 9. I think I can also be much more 9'ish when I just feel like it. I think 9 is a very comfortable place, and one in which I can gain information and grow. 8 many times feels more commanding and less learning. I use them when I feel like it, or when I find them necessary for the task at hand.

Do you consider yourself feisty, fiery and tough? and secondly do you see this as a 8 or a 6 cp trait?
Maybe with cp 6s is more difficult to see some 9.

I moved my tritype in the 458 line. Not enough energy for a 468 I think. I still relate in some things from what you wrote btw.
Maybe I was confusing the 9 and 5 with their " I dont mind" attitude.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you consider yourself feisty, fiery and tough?

I'm moody. Sometimes I am fiery and tough. Other times, I am more 9'ish. Depends on the task-at-hand.

and secondly do you see this as a 8 or a 6 cp trait?
Maybe with cp 6s is more difficult to see some 9.

I have a developed 8 because I've lived with an 8 for 8 years. ;) I pull out 8 when I need to. It's not necessarily counterphobic as in, confronting a fear. Sometimes I'm not necessarily fearful, but a time comes when I need to be assertive or aggressive. I agree that sometimes it's counterphobic 6 taking hold, sometimes it's 8. ISTP is also a directive type, so it ties in with that aspect of things.

I moved my tritype in the 458 line. Not enough energy for a 468 I think. I still relate in some things from what you wrote btw.
Maybe I was confusing the 9 and 5 with their " I dont mind" attitude.

I definitely can muster a lot of energy when I need to. 5's seem to be much more calm than I am, then again, I am sx. Sometimes I love to manifest and release energy with passion, from that aspect.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a developed 8 because I've lived with an 8 for 8 years. ;) I pull out 8 when I need to. It's not necessarily counterphobic as in, confronting a fear. Sometimes I'm not necessarily fearful, but a time comes when I need to be assertive or aggressive. I agree that sometimes it's counterphobic 6 taking hold, sometimes it's 8. ISTP is also a directive type, so it ties in with that aspect of things.

Well... my mbti is INFP (and very sure), and this type doesn't relate too much with 8s.
I think same as you, that my 8 is somewhat developed, in different circumstances, but i take long to get to my 8 center. But im a 4, and my basic fears are mostly of this type. And im Sx first, and this makes me want to be more assertive and confrontational, and maybe less wheepy, and weak sometimes .
Now im split up between 468 and 458, I will see what fits more later... :)