• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RPG Instinctual Variants

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D
did you have to make Sp/Sx look so evil though? oh well, can't say I blame you :devil:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Loved the vids, [MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]! :nice: Nice work as always.

I do have a few issues with them, if you wouldn't mind...

* You mentioned that Sp-doms can use social connections stealthily to achieve their goals; I think So-doms, when unhealthy, can do it as well, especially if they are in an influential position.

* I think "selfish" is kind of a touchy word here, since So- and Sx-doms can also be selfish - just like Fe users can be very selfish in stealthy, manipulative ways. I agree that Sp-doms tend to be more "contained", though. :yes: Amélie Poulain from Amélie is a good example of a Sp/Sx that actually focuses too much on others and too little on herself...

* The emphasis on material goods and health for Sp-doms can be a bit misleading. Some Sp-dom 5s, for instance, choose to hoard their time rather than their possessions, becoming solitary travellers who only carry a few important things. :thinking:

* Sp-doms can also worry about the safety of others quite a lot. Their fixation is not purely ego-centred, I imagine.

* Grammar nazi moment: in the Sp video, towards the end, it says "can are extremely brutal".

Other than that, me likey! :hug:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched the SP-dom ones. Very interesting. Even though I only know the ff7-ff9 characters lol.
I like Cid Highwind. Sp/sx sounds pretty accurate.
cid2.png

Last edited:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
This is awesome, taught me heaps about the side of enneagram I've neglected lol. Sx/so :)

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
:D
did you have to make Sp/Sx look so evil though? oh well, can't say I blame you :devil:

lol I didn't even notice how bad that description sounded!

Loved the vids, [MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]! :nice: Nice work as always.

Thanks! :D

I do have a few issues with them, if you wouldn't mind...

* You mentioned that Sp-doms can use social connections stealthily to achieve their goals; I think So-doms, when unhealthy, can do it as well, especially if they are in an influential position.

I agree with that, but sp/sos use their connections to serve their own personal needs, whereas a so-dom would use their connections to affect others in a way they think is best for them.

* I think "selfish" is kind of a touchy word here, since So- and Sx-doms can also be selfish - just like Fe users can be very selfish in stealthy, manipulative ways. I agree that Sp-doms tend to be more "contained", though. :yes: Amélie Poulain from Amélie is a good example of a Sp/Sx that actually focuses too much on others and too little on herself...

I was going with general descriptions when describing them and I wanted to differentiate each type's unhealthy state from each other so I just chose the ones I notice the most from each type.

* The emphasis on material goods and health for Sp-doms can be a bit misleading. Some Sp-dom 5s, for instance, choose to hoard their time rather than their possessions, becoming solitary travellers who only carry a few important things. :thinking:

Again, this was more of a general descriptions type of thing. I wanted to encompass what was common in each instinctual variant instead of going into details, such as the entitlement issues from 2's, the dauntless and imaginative 4's, etc.

* Sp-doms can also worry about the safety of others quite a lot. Their fixation is not purely ego-centred, I imagine.

Yeah, of course. Sp-doms do have a social or sexual secondary instinct, which affects how they relate to others. The first part of each video basically just describes each type in the most simplest terms.

* Grammar nazi moment: in the Sp video, towards the end, it says "can are extremely brutal".

I know! D: I noticed it after I uploaded it, but I can't edit the text in the videos.

Other than that, me likey! :hug:
Thanks again! :D

Just watched the SP-dom ones. Very interesting. Even though I only know the ff7-ff9 characters lol.
I like Cid Highwind. Sp/sx sounds pretty accurate.
cid2.png

He's pretty much the epitome of an 8w7 sp/sx.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I agree with that, but sp/sos use their connections to serve their own personal needs, whereas a so-dom would use their connections to affect others in a way they think is best for them.

Hmmm, I could see them projecting a lot...

However, if their status within a group is important to them (whether due to power, prestige, misguided duty or whatnot), resorting to nasty tactics to maintain it could fall under "serve their own personal needs", no? :thinking:

I was going with general descriptions when describing them and I wanted to differentiate each type's unhealthy state from each other so I just chose the ones I notice the most from each type.

Okay, though I still think "selfish" is a tricky word here...

Again, this was more of a general descriptions type of thing. I wanted to encompass what was common in each instinctual variant instead of going into details, such as the entitlement issues from 2's, the dauntless and imaginative 4's, etc.

Which is why, I believe, a more general word, like "resources", would be preferable...

Yeah, of course. Sp-doms do have a social or sexual secondary instinct, which affects how they relate to others. The first part of each video basically just describes each type in the most simplest terms.

It does sound a bit, though, like Elfboy said, that Sx-auxes don't care about others... It's more of an area of focus, I think. /not an expert on instincts

I know! D: I noticed it after I uploaded it, but I can't edit the text in the videos.

S'okay, I just felt compelled to point it out... :blush:

Thanks again! :D

Anytime! :hug:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
By the way, wouldja mind telling me which tracks you used in these videos, [MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]? :D

B

brainheart

Instinctual variant is supposed to be the most obvious and important thing as far as motivations go and I still have no clue. None of them jump out at me, screaming, "Ah! Totally me!"

I guess social is probably least, but I blow at the making money thing. Maybe its the frustrated idealist talking, but I have a hard time settling for anything but the perfect job. Does that mean I'm sp first?

1. My romantic and closest friends are very important to me but I guard my time alone with a passion. I get overwhelmed by others very easily, unless...

2. I feel a strong connection to them, an energy from them, then I come on really strong. But I can't imagine wanting to be around that person all the time. Still, I find attraction very stimulating and exciting. Being abandoned or ignored by that person makes me go completely crazy. But once our relationship is secure, I'm pretty chill and perfectly happy to communicate/be together more sporadically. But I really like/feel the need for intimate relationships.

3. I can't help but think how my actions affect others, the planet. I'm not exactly out there saving the world (not at all, actually) but I buy humane eggs, eat organic, recycle, etc for both my health and everyone else's, sign amnesty international petitions, etc. I try to live by the adage treat others as I would like to be treated. Living in a cage sounds like the worst possible nightmare to me, so I can't imagine it's pleasant for a chicken either, for example. I like the idea of everyone respecting every living thing's autonomy and individual self-worth. (i guess that sounds sp-ish, doesn't it?)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Instinctual variant is supposed to be the most obvious and important thing as far as motivations go and I still have no clue. None of them jump out at me, screaming, "Ah! Totally me!"

I guess social is probably least, but I blow at the making money thing. Maybe its the frustrated idealist talking, but I have a hard time settling for anything but the perfect job. Does that mean I'm sp first?

1. My romantic and closest friends are very important to me but I guard my time alone with a passion. I get overwhelmed by others very easily, unless...

2. I feel a strong connection to them, an energy from them, then I come on really strong. But I can't imagine wanting to be around that person all the time. Still, I find attraction very stimulating and exciting. Being abandoned or ignored by that person makes me go completely crazy. But once our relationship is secure, I'm pretty chill and perfectly happy to communicate/be together more sporadically. But I really like/feel the need for intimate relationships.

3. I can't help but think how my actions affect others, the planet. I'm not exactly out there saving the world (not at all, actually) but I buy humane eggs, eat organic, recycle, etc for both my health and everyone else's, sign amnesty international petitions, etc. I try to live by the adage treat others as I would like to be treated. Living in a cage sounds like the worst possible nightmare to me, so I can't imagine it's pleasant for a chicken either, for example. I like the idea of everyone respecting every living thing's autonomy and individual self-worth. (i guess that sounds sp-ish, doesn't it?)

So/Sx

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOVE THE SP SONG

LOVE THE 8, 9, 7, 5 and 2 songs! Good info in the vids too.

[MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]

Chloe

I relate a lot to sp-dom video.. but ... ithink instinctual variants change over life time because i know that i changed them couple of times already.. and lately i care much more for other people even if i dont have personal benefit from it (integration to 6 from 3 as well?) etc.. and i used to be crazy attached to my friends and every few weeks and months i meet someone who becomes the central part of my life and we are "us" (even friends) (sx??) but lately it makes less secure feeling to me and i am more secure as SP dom, which is more a defense mechanism or something I dont know... there is definately something to instincsts... but i think it's 90% learned.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx resonates with me....

I see the Sx/Sp insctinct as 4ish by itslef. And the 4 by itslef too can look like the Sx/Sp

I've pictured the stackings as E types

Sp/So: 6ish/9ish
Sp/Sx: 5ish
Sx/Sp: 4ish/7ish and 5ish (sometimes)
Sx/So: 8ish/2ish
So/Sp: 1ish/3ish
So/Sx: 7ish/2ish/9ish (sometimes)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx resonates with me....

I see the Sx/Sp insctinct as 4ish by itslef. And the 4 by itslef too can look like the Sx/Sp

I've pictured the stackings as E types

Sp/So: 6ish/9ish
Sp/Sx: 5ish
Sx/Sp: 4ish/7ish and 5ish (sometimes)
Sx/So: 8ish/2ish
So/Sp: 1ish/3ish
So/Sx: 7ish/2ish/9ish (sometimes)

I sorta see
So/Sp: 1w2, 3w2
So/Sx: 2w1, 2w3, 6w7, 7w6
Sp/So: 5w6, 6w5, 1w9, 9w8
Sp/Sx: 3w4, 5w4, 9w1
Sx/Sp: 4w5, 8w9
Sx/So: 4w3, 7w8, 8w7

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sorta see
So/Sp: 1w2, 3w2
So/Sx: 2w1, 2w3, 6w7, 7w6
Sp/So: 5w6, 6w5, 1w9, 9w8
Sp/Sx: 3w4, 5w4, 9w1
Sx/Sp: 4w5, 8w9
Sx/So: 4w3, 7w8, 8w7

Yeah...
The Sx/So is 2ish but I aggree

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah...
The Sx/So is 2ish but I aggree

2 is more social to me. they want everyone to be a big happy family, some types like 6w7, 8w7, 9w1 I can see being just about anything

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2 is more social to me. they want everyone to be a big happy family, some types like 6w7, 8w7, 9w1 I can see being just about anything

Well I see that too.
But to me still seems 2ish specially with the intimates ones.
btw... Sp/Sx 2 shit!!!... what an odd combination

B

brainheart

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14554]Richardsen[/MENTION],

All you are going to do is confuse the hell out of people and make them assume they are a certain instinctual variant based on their type when that's not how it works at all.

What's the point?

(this really makes me take your typing of me with a pretty gigantic grain of salt.)

B

brainheart

... ithink instinctual variants change over life time because i know that i changed them couple of times already.. there is definately something to instincsts... but i think it's 90% learned.

I agree.

At different times, in different situations, I notice my various instincts working. All of them have gotten out of control at different times, all of then have worked at different times, and all of them have failed at different times. As I've matured, I've learned to work with them better. But they're all still not perfect. None of them stand out as something I'm obsessed about. So...?