• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] The Ultimate Easy and Straightforward Path To Discovering Trifix (Part 1)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been vascillating between 827 and 847 since [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] put 827 in my head a little while ago.

This thing seems to push me towards both and neither.

Maybe I'm just a healthy 8, which gives me the 2 vibe, and my heart fix is still four.

(She says as she has and eats cake... :whistling:)

G

Ginkgo

I've been vascillating between 827 and 847 since [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] put 827 in my head a little while ago.

This thing seems to push me towards both and neither.

Maybe I'm just a healthy 8, which gives me the 2 vibe, and my heart fix is still four.

(She says as she has and eats cake... :whistling:)

Yeah, maybe your 2-ish traits are just an aspect of what is, at its core, 8. If so, great.

The trifix thing does get a bit frivolous. I mean, I relate very strongly to all the permutations of "The Seeker" and "The Contemplative", to the point where the degrees of difference between them are unrecognizable. Maybe I simply haven't done enough research to develop a decent evaluation of what I would qualify as and how it all adds up.

I would have no qualms if you simply settled on 8w7.

EDIT: Earlier in this thread, I typed myself as 451. Reason being, I feel rigid like a 1, but that rigidity is fragmented, like multiple, contradictory platforms I bounce off of with an underlying fixation of "what ought to be", as Zang would put it. I appear 9-ish in many cases, I suppose, but as far as my feelings are concerned, my presence in a room is anchored in a desire to contribute new perspectives like a 4 integrating into a 1.

Ultimately, the root is 4, and even the wing is a bit superfluous in that it seems to be based on personal development and a conscious attitude toward life, rather than an unconscious compulsion.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Enneagram is actually something I can say with confidence that I know. I am a 147.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am probably 514 - the researcher.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Greetings.
From Stackemup.net
I think of gut fix as having to do entirely with physical presence in the way that a person takes up space...As a tip, being aggressive is less of big deal for 1 fixers (so long as they can justify it within their rules) than 9 fixers and not a big deal for 8 fixers while being aggressive is a pretty big deal for 9 fixers.
-8 fixers take up space unapologetically and just seem solid...
-9 fixers take up space apologetically and seem unsubstantial physically in the unhealthier levels while more in flow in the healthier levels
-1 fixers take up space somewhere in between, rigid, tense, clenched...
Image Fix:
I think of the image fix as the information a person consciously or unconsciously presents about themself...As a tip, 2 and 4 fixers take their personas less seriously and play around more with identity while 3 fixers take their personas very seriously
-2 fixers present as more unimportant, humble, a 'servant'...
-3 fixers present as more of a consistent winner, sometimes regal....
-4 fixers present as more intense, self-referential, deep, sometimes erratic...
Head Fix:
I think of the head fix as an orientation towards thinking and ideas. I liken a person's head center to a record player...head fix is the specific record that starts playing when the play button is turned on. As a tip, 5 and 7 fixers delight more in concepts while 6 fixers have more "important" things to think about.
-5 fixers think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'...
-6 fixers think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about...
-7 fixers think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with...

didn't work
according to this, I am 8w7>4w3>7w8

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I suppose going by this I would be 649, the Seeker.

I generally feel closer to 3 than 4, but I have trouble deciding that I'm ever "regal". In my dreams, hah.

649 fears are listed as:

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

I relate more to 639, though:

The core fears are of failure, being incapable, unable to do, inefficient, second best, unmasked, fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, fully embodied, not existing, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, shutout, disharmony.

I care more about being successful than being unique... I can succeed or fail but I will always be myself. :shrug:

Tomb1

By the way, I disagree with the way the Fauvres' have framed their "tritype" concept:

"However, when the strategy of the dominant Enneagram Type fails, the ego then uses the strategies of the other two types within the Tritype in a repeating, descending order" (enneagram.net)

One's type doesn't break down or stop working. Don Riso did some terrific work on levels of health.

Tomb1

Greetings from the crypt.

Early 2003 Draft of Fixes Surface -- An early draft of multifix (otherwise known as trifix with wings) has been discovered on the internet time stamped 2003.

The content sounds familiar...PM me for more details (this time I won't forget to check my inbox)