• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9's and 2's

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This might help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritype

So, you could be a 926 for example or a 259. You have one type from each of the centers (gut, mind, heart) placed in some sort of order. Any combination is legitimate as long as you only have one from each center (e.g you couldn't be a 569 because that would be two from mind and one from gut).

Ooooh I see. That sounds interesting. I can see how that helps explain the complexities of people better.

I don't remember any of the tritypes as being considered unhealthy. They were just different.

People talk about unhealthy types alone, like unhealthy 2's or 8's, etc. Do you believe this exists?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are 9's the most passive type there is? Because I didn't have the impression that 2's are the most assertive type either.

You could probably say that, yeah. 9s are certainly more afraid of rocking the boat than any other type, and that lends itself to passiveness.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People talk about unhealthy types alone, like unhealthy 2's or 8's, etc. Do you believe this exists?

I think the way it works is that we all go from healthy to unhealthy states during a typical day. If you tend to be behaving much more from the unhealthy side, then you would overall be on the unhealthy of the perspective. If you go to the unhealthy side much more rarely, then you're more on the healthy side of the spectrum. I also think we probably change over time. So there might be periods where we're dwelling more on the unhealthy side and others where we tend to be more on the healthy side, which might at least in part be influenced by things that are going on in our lives.

I also think one key to all of this is understanding and being aware of these states as they are happening to us - e.g. why am I acting or feeling the way that I am? This helps us to gain better control over what is essentially a distortion in our perception which is introduced by specific fears, temptations and desires associated with our type. Basically, as I understand it, that's the way it sort of works.

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the way it works is that we all go from healthy to unhealthy states during a typical day. If you tend to be behaving much more from the unhealthy side, then you would overall be on the unhealthy of the perspective. If you go to the unhealthy side much more rarely, then you're more on the healthy side of the spectrum. I also think we probably change over time. So there might be periods where we're dwelling more on the unhealthy side and others where we tend to be more on the healthy side, which might at least in part be influenced by things that are going on in our lives.

I also think one key to all of this is understanding and being aware of these states as they are happening to us - e.g. why am I acting or feeling the way that I am? This helps us to gain better control over what is essentially a distortion in our perception which is introduced by specific fears, temptations and desires associated with our type. Basically, as I understand it, that's the way it sort of works.

Thanks, this sounds much more flexible. :) I think I'll go with 2-9-x, until I figure out the last one.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks, this sounds much more flexible. :) I think I'll go with 2-9-x, until I figure out the last one.

Maybe 269 (Inquisitive and accepting 2) or 268 (Inquisitive and direct 2). Just a guess, if 2 is right.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe 269 (Inquisitive and accepting 2) or 268 (Inquisitive and direct 2). Just a guess, if 2 is right.

I've been reading up on enneagram. It's pretty interesting. I think 2 is right. *nod to [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION] *
268- Do I seem direct to you?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reading up on enneagram. It's pretty interesting. I think 2 is right. *nod to [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION] *
268- Do I seem direct to you?

:) It's hard to tell online if you are accepting and that was the only other one that seemed to be a possibility when I looked up the tri-type descriptions.

Tomb1

2s take more initiative in interpersonal situations...nines too little.

2s have a greater sense of importance and can be machiavelli...9s more humble and conformist...

2s act their feelings more assertively...nines rarely push things on people.

nines turn ordinariness into a fixation, have a signature sloth around thought and verbalization, preference for physical memory, and a difficulty articulating complex emotions (especially negative ones)...they don't personalize/intensify in their speech or writing the way that those twos do...