• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Selena Gomez

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Justin Bieber's "girlfriend" -

What type do you think she is?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A 3 of some sort maybe? I am leaning towards 3w4. I would guess ENFJ 3w4. Highly image oriented (seems to be big on projecting a certain image of herself to the public compared to the rest of the teen stars and is relatively successful at selling that projected image), with an alternative/individualistic spunk (edgy).
Great analysis! :nice:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A 3 of some sort maybe? I am leaning towards 3w4. I would guess ENFJ 3w4. Highly image oriented (seems to be big on projecting a certain image of herself to the public compared to the rest of the teen stars and is relatively successful at selling that projected image), with an alternative/individualistic spunk (edgy).

I have gathered some bits of information on her personality:

1. She is secretive about the nature of her relationship with Justin Bieber.
2. She takes helpful advice to be severe criticism; when she is rehearsing, any helpful words will send her crying to her dressing room thinking she's not good enough.
3. Selena constantly worries about what others think of her.
4. When asked how she handles the Hollywood pressure to put forth a perfect image, she responded, "I don't ever listen to that. I think everybody will criticize you whether you are the perfect person, there's no such thing as the perfect person, and even if you were they would still criticize you. So at one point, you really don't pay attention to it."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scan forward to the 1:50 point of this video.

"Selena, is there any point in time where you want to just put that phone down, and be just disconnected?" "Every day."

The desire to "disconnect" is a trait of 3's at level 5, when they begin to deteriorate to 9.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tipycal 3w2 So/Sx. ESFJ. Same type than Taylor Swift.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tipycal 3w2 So/Sx. ESFJ. Same type than Taylor Swift.

ESFJ may not be a bad call. I prefer that over ENFJ.

[Edit - ISFJ. 'ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".' Personalitypage.com]

However, if you read Personality Types, pp 130-131, you will see that Selena Gomez is clearly a 3w4 ("The Professional"). Selena Gomez is so perfect, she is boring. A 3w4 role-model for kids. Her strong reaction to helpful criticism reveals her 4-ish sensitivity. She lacks the interpersonal characteristics of the 2-wing, but focuses mostly on her own self-perfection in her external pursuits.

[Edit - her strong reaction is not against the criticism, or the person doing the criticizing. It is focused on herself, i.e, introjection.]

As for Instinctual stacking, Selena Gomez does not desire the high social standing of the Type 3 So. As she says in the interview above, "I'm just a normal person." Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp. The Sx/Sp 3's especially hate the Type 3 image.

G

Glycerine

Yeah ESFJ might be a better fit but I still stand by Fe dom and 3w4!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah ESFJ might be a better fit but I still stand by Fe dom and 3w4!

I finally went with ISFJ because the type description matches her behavior at rehearsals. Personalitypages: 'They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".' Nobody has really analyzed Selena's tendencies toward introversion or extraversion, not in this thread or the previous one. In that thread, too many people automatically judged her as an intuitive. But Jennifer didn't get that vibe, and I never got an intuitive vibe off of Selena. There is no depth of experience to this person, everything in her personality is based in appearances. I began thinking of her as an introvert because of the 4-wing and her tendency to look inward for sources of imperfection, and to self-blame and self-criticize rather than striking out at others.

So I read up on the possibilities that have been tossed out there: the ESFJ, the ENFJ, the INFJ (just to rule it out), the ISFJ, and the last one finally clicked.

The only reason I mentioned this person was because I saw a little bio about her on a tv show last night. I've seen Selena on Wizards of Waverly Place a few times.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2w3>7w6>9w1 So/Sx (I could buy 3w2 or 3w4, but she just feels like a 2)

annisaridhani

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ISFP with enneagram 4
I changed my mind with the enneagram 4. I agree with her being 3w4, and with so/sp instinct. I get why people type her ISFJ or ESFJ or any type with Fe, but I think that's because of her enneatype and social instinct dominant and maybe some people relate those two even though they're actually different. But I still go with ISFP.