• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A quick, messy way to determine your type

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Once again for me, it's a toss-up between 1 and 4, though given those descriptions I'm favoring 1 slightly.

How frustrating (so to speak), because earlier I almost settled on 4w5. -_-

B

brainheart

Pretty much equal on the thinking and feeling; I don't think I expend a lot of energy seeking validation for my image from others (although maybe that's what the enneagram is about, but it seems more like a way of obtaining inner guidance and support a la the thinker).

100% the frustration object, no question there.

Also (if this is accurate) my husband is either a three or six, no way the two that I thought.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i got 4, 7 would be a close second.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was easy to see myself in the thinking triad for the first part. For the second part I was torn between frustrated and rejected. So either 5 or 7.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling & Frustrated - Four
Fours focus on what's missing in others and in themselves. Fours seek validation and attention from others, but feel they must be different and distant from others to get it. As a result, their strategy for attention doesn't often work, leading to a sense of frustration that maintains their sense of self.
The bolded I relate to.

Thinking & Rejected - Five
Fives reject and minimize their own needs (especially their physical and emotional ones). The Five has only one gift left: her head. Fives offer their intelligence and expertise to others, hoping that others will appreciate their knowledge. By building up their own expertise, Fives seek to become important enough not to be rejected further. Fives, having cut off their emotional needs, try to not need others, to be independent, and to not need love. Fives believe that their lack of emotion will shield them from the pain of further rejection.

The bolded I relate to, but the last two sentences tend to apply only in extreme states of stress and when I feel really down.

Instinctive & Frustrated - One
Ones are searching for ideal autonomy. That means perfection and complete self-control. Ones focus on what's wrong or out of place in a given situation. They become frustrated when they see that things don't live up to their standards and when they feel obligated to improve everything. Their sense of self is based on this frustration - it shows that they still care about making things better.
The bolded apply. I know true perfection doesn't exist in the real world though. But I definitely seek autonomy.

Not sure if this makes me more 5w4, rather than 4w5. But I think I am more emotional though, so I think 4w5 applies better.

Silveresque

I get 9 or 6, though really all of them are close. And it's always hard for me to determine which triad I'm in from descriptions like that because I can usually see myself in at least two out of three.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm either a 5 or an 8. :thinking:

Leaning much more to 8 though.

Oddly enough though it didn't come close to my actual 3w4.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6 or 4 , 6 or 4 , 6 or 4.............. F!"$%&k!!!
I relate too much with this two....