• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your wing?

How Strong is your Wing?

• I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • my wing kicks ass

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • my wing is pretty strong

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • my wing is kinda weak

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have no wing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have both wings

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can barely tell which one is which (ie. I'm either 5w6 or 6w5). I don't necessarily relate to both of them equally, however their presence in my life is basically equal to the point where (most people) also have issues differentiating which one I actually am.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can barely tell which one is which (ie. I'm either 5w6 or 6w5). I don't necessarily relate to both of them equally, however their presence in my life is basically equal to the point where (most people) also have issues differentiating which one I actually am.

This is the same for me.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not too strong that I can't tell it apart from my core. I don't think it's that strong? It really does feel like what a wing is: simply a flavour to your core. I relate to my core+wing, but not as much the wing type alone.

I'd pick the 'both wings, but one is clearly stronger' because that's the way it is with me. I can really see both, but I see that I employ one more easily and frequently than the other. It doesn't feel like a 'this wing or that wing' thing, because both of them work together and don't cancel each other out.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse

I think there's a nice interplay between my (possible) core type and my wing. I'd say the core is (of course) the most dominant one but the wing takes over from time to time. Depending on the context, how I am doing etc.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to tell if I’m a three or four three I mean no to sound like a token navel gazer but they fit quite seamlessly together. I’m too unique I guess just to be a three but it’s like being a three who prizes being unique I guess, to where they both sorta define who I am. I’m like a person who strives to be effective in the world but at the same define I don’t entirely define my personality by the accomplishments I have, it’s almost the other way around, I do so by what I think makes me unique or I have an original flair but I still highly value being effective in the world in a practical manner an being valued or prized by this in some manner or fashion.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My 6 wing has gotten stronger in the past few years. Id say my 6 wing is like hmmm medium strength like it very rarely takes the drivers seat from my 7 but it is a front seat passenger with a say in things and sometimes it can change the course of my 7. My 6 wing mostly shows in anxiety over things going wrong (ties in with 7 core fear of pain where my 6 wing warns me of possible pain), needing some degree of security in my life and loyalty to people that I care about (Thought that's probably not a type related thing just the way I am)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

Havent you written on your profile that you are "3w4 sp/so"?
Actually, in another topic you were commenting with me about your 3 aspects..
It is also on your signature.
As far as I know, wing is different than the second enneagram on your tri-type.
Not wanting to offend or contest you, just wondering...

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to tell if I’m a three or four three I mean no to sound like a token navel gazer but they fit quite seamlessly together. I’m too unique I guess just to be a three but it’s like being a three who prizes being unique I guess, to where they both sorta define who I am. I’m like a person who strives to be effective in the world but at the same define I don’t entirely define my personality by the accomplishments I have, it’s almost the other way around, I do so by what I think makes me unique or I have an original flair but I still highly value being effective in the world in a practical manner an being valued or prized by this in some manner or fashion.

I w trying to think of metaphor to describe it, the four is like my engine and turbines while the body and wheels are like the three wing. The passenger as well, the who, I don’t know, the complex relationship between my brain and heart.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm pretty close to that as well. I don't think i'm an actual 9, but i'm pretty damn close. That's the deal that makes me both love and hate the enneagram lol
You can't ever really tell where a type ends and where another begins. Specially if you're really healthy. I saw this lecture in which a guy said that, when you're at your healthiest, you look like you're "in the middle of the circle". Meaning, you realize you could be everything. And that's the thing, you wouldn't be necessarily tied to your fears and your desires. You'd just live.
I personally think that this is impossible. However, i do find that the healthier you are, you can really break free from your core fears. Or at least manage them pretty well. Which would make typing someone very hard.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Havent you written on your profile that you are "3w4 sp/so"?
Actually, in another topic you were commenting with me about your 3 aspects..
It is also on your signature.
As far as I know, wing is different than the second enneagram on your tri-type.
Not wanting to offend or contest you, just wondering...

You're not being offensive, it's a genuine question. 3 was a type I was trying out/had thought was more plausible since I had been going between 6 and 5 for so long (ie. typically if you are having a difficult time differentiating between two adjacent types, the possibility that the traits you are considering are covered by another type becomes hightened), it ended up not working. I haven't bothered to update my signature or my profile (as there is really no point atm). I'm between 6w5 and 5w6 core in reality.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
You're not being offensive, it's a genuine question. 3 was a type I was trying out/had thought was more plausible since I had been going between 6 and 5 for so long (ie. typically if you are having a difficult time differentiating between two adjacent types, the possibility that the traits you are considering are covered by another type becomes hightened), it ended up not working. I haven't bothered to update my signature or my profile (as there is really no point atm). I'm between 6w5 and 5w6 core in reality.

Statistically speaking, INTP is way more likely to be 5 than 6 (like 6-15x times, literally).

Almost half of the 6 wing is SJ.
However, I did read a generic description just now of type 6, and its really like a double edge sword, so SJ in one terms and so NOT SJ in other terms. The term "rebellious" in MBTI is the most strong and associated in INTP type (the option that has rebellious or something like that is for INTP in the MBTI test I made). "Rebellious" should be the last term we would associate with SJs.

"Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on." [Enneagram Institute]

Well, Im wondering if it is really proper to address a type for that.

Anyway, I still think that 5w6 is way more likely tha 6w5 but I do think you have P/J borderline, so that really mix stuff.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Statistically speaking, INTP is way more likely to be 5 than 6 (like 6-15x times, literally).

Almost half of the 6 wing is SJ.
However, I did read a generic description just now of type 6, and its really like a double edge sword, so SJ in one terms and so NOT SJ in other terms. The term "rebellious" in MBTI is the most strong and associated in INTP type (the option that has rebellious or something like that is for INTP in the MBTI test I made). "Rebellious" should be the last term we would associate with SJs.

"Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on." [Enneagram Institute]

Well, Im wondering if it is really proper to address a type for that.

Anyway, I still think that 5w6 is way more likely tha 6w5 but I do think you have P/J borderline, so that really mix stuff.

Based on statistics, you do have a point with that, I appreciate your input. In terms of the traditional function stacks (not the newer model you've constructed, as I haven't had as much time as I've liked to study it deeply), I tend to have more decent Si than other INTPs, which could suggest 6 > 5 despite me relating to 5 far more than 6. Like you've referenced, however, in terms of 6 as a type isn't incompatible with INTP (ie. I'd argue 6 is one of the most versatile of the types in terms of how it presents itself).

My biggest issue with the statistics is that, unlike most of the other mbti types, INTP statistics are always polarized to the extreme towards enneagram 5. 5, followed by 4, is probably one of the most common mistypes in the enneagram community (by self typing especially). In terms of my own observance a theorizing, I'd think that 6 is considerably more common among the majority of intuitives than referenced, specifically INTP (I also think that 9, while being one of the other referenced types for INTP, is considerably more common than statistics suggest).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Based on statistics, you do have a point with that, I appreciate your input. In terms of the traditional function stacks (not the newer model you've constructed, as I haven't had as much time as I've liked to study it deeply), I tend to have more decent Si than other INTPs, which could suggest 6 > 5 despite me relating to 5 far more than 6. Like you've referenced, however, in terms of 6 as a type isn't incompatible with INTP (ie. I'd argue 6 is one of the most versatile of the types in terms of how it presents itself).

My biggest issue with the statistics is that, unlike most of the other mbti types, INTP statistics are always polarized to the extreme towards enneagram 5. 5, followed by 4, is probably one of the most common mistypes in the enneagram community (by self typing especially). In terms of my own observance a theorizing, I'd think that 6 is considerably more common among the majority of intuitives than referenced, specifically INTP (I also think that 9, while being one of the other referenced types for INTP, is considerably more common than statistics suggest).

9 is common for introverted sensors.
Introverted sensors arent common in typology community, but they are fairly common over the world (except Japan).
You meeting more 9s in real life and less then on community is quite natural, and the 9 you should meet in real life should even be fairly different than the ones you will see posting here, mostly.

6 have actually statistical problems in my opinion.
Because despite the description, most phrases better correlated with 6 and probably the ones used in test are all focused on that SJ side. One article about enneagram listed the best correlated questions with each type, and these are for 6:
I have been cautious .554
I have wanted to follow clear-cut guidelines .524
I have needed consistent predictability .599
[INV] Given a choice between something familiar and something new, I have chosen something new .557
[INV] I have been spontaneous .533

[INV] means reverse, which is negative.
The one about something new is specially anti-NP.

These part of duality on 6 doesnt really end up making to the tests.
I also never got this "mistyped" 4´s stuff anyway.

In terms of "models", Im going to publish the second one already and there is one third (but this third will take some time). =D

saskiazaaza

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 4w3 but my 3 wing is weaker
Still stronger my main type

and , i relate 6w7 too

I still can't decide i'm 4w3 or 6w7 ( yeah i'm still tritype the Seeker )

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7w6 here. My 6-wing is fairly strong (and counterphobic) to the point where it caused some confusion between 7w6 and 6w7 (cp). I still sometimes think about it, but I always come back to 7w6; I relate more to the 7 mentality, but my 6-wing amplifies in certain situations.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm having difficulty determining whether I am 4w3 or 6w5. I lean more toward 4 at the moment, but in either instance, my wing does kick ass.

I'm quite competency-focused. I've considered both 3 and 5 in the past, but looking into their core fears and desires, I think they fit me less. In the end, I'm definitely more reactive.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My core type is 9w8 and my 8 wing is quite strong, to the point that I've been sure I was an 8w9 in the past, for some time. Especially during my teen years I used to be quite aggressive verbally, and kinda bossed people around when I was put in a leadership position for group projects. Turns out I was probably just really under pressure due to other personal problems, I was really scared of being seen as weak and I felt like I had no balance and harmony in my life and I reacted by snapping at people and being aggressive in general. Now I've calmed down quite a lot because I gained some peace of mind and I don't care about being considered weak anymore, but still when I feel that someone/something is threatening my personal harmony I still react like this, at one point I can't take it anymore and I snap at whoever/whatever is messing up the balance I so hardly try to keep in my life. I think the characteristic that most helped me discriminate between 8w9 and 9w8 in the end was how I feel about leadership: I don't care about being a leader, I don't want to because it's too much of a bother, I'd rather follow someone else whom I consider capable or just do my own thing. I also tend to procrastinate a lot, I kinda avoid responsibilities and in general I just want to do what I enjoy in life, and that is my personal definition of success. All of this is much more typical of a type 9 than a type 8, as 8s, as far as I understood, are much more interested in leadership and status than I ever was. Still, I tend to be quite assertive in social situations and generally I speak my mind and do what I want even when I know that others around me will disagree, which is why I think the 8 wing has quite some influence on my type
I've also had some difficulties determining if I has 4w3 or 3w4 in my tritype in the past. I kinda relate to the basic desires and fears of both, but reading up on it I realized that the struggles of type 4 definitely have been more of a constant in every aspect of my life, compared to those of type 3 (in general, even if 9w8 is my core type, 4w3 still has a big influence on my behavior and daily life); I just happen to have a strong 3 wing

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 1w2 but I don’t think that my 2 wing is very strong. It just makes me more extroverted, outspoken, emotionally expressive, and controlling than a 1w9. I know that I am not a 1w9.