• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your wing?

How Strong is your Wing?

• I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • my wing kicks ass

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • my wing is pretty strong

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • my wing is kinda weak

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have no wing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have both wings

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think all my wings are pretty strong.

Idk if I'm 3w4 or 4w3 (for sure) but I'm ambitious and image oriented as hell, and like to take time out of my life to just sit and absorb in an emotion with music and just feel and analyze my feelings. Or time alone to let emotions out. Am preoccupied both with achievements high standards as well as specialness and uniqueness, and grow quickly bored of the humdrum.

9w8 well my 8 wing must be pretty strong cuz I tell it like it is, and anger was usually a bit part of my life growing up getting yelled at a lot. I hate being controlled in any unfair and/or rude fashion, and I lash right back if I'm yelled at cuz it's unfair and I say that it is unfair and to stop it, and always voice anything upsetting or pissing me off, even if it disturbs the peace. Also the Truth is most important. I'm familiar with my anger, but I think that's usually family related bickering issues, but outside of that with anyone else I'm pretty go with the flow and passive but I still speak my mind. If someone bothers me I have to let them know. And value communication above all in relationships even if it disturbs the peace, but I hate peace being disturbed too (it can cause anxiety). It just so happens my need for TRUTH and HONESTY and straightforwardness overrides that a bit. I never boss anyone around cuz I can't be bothered. I'd rather influence people (3ish) than control them. I hate being bossed around. At most I look out for my turf, and don't want anyone intruding on mine.

When I'm not wrapped up stuck in my head fantasizing, feeling injustices, or exploring my emotions off and on, I'm pretty unemotional as neutral state.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a 9w1, I'd say pretty average. I kinda yo yo between being perfectionist and being lazy. Like my desk will be a disheveled mess, but then I take forever to write a post on here because I spend hours perfecting it. I do relate to the anger is a bad emotion thing, but then again I don't think 9s think anger's all that pretty either. I mean anger can be funny and I feel it often, but for the most part I find it an ugly emotion with little use. Mistakes of all sorts make me feel guilty and icky about myself. One thing about 1 I don't relate to though is that I'm not that critical of others. Unless it has to do with me or they're hurting someone I really care about, I for the most part care little about what people do. Part of it is wanting to leave people to their own devices, but also I just care about me doing things right more than others. So yeah, I can definitely be internally critical, but I don't care most of the time to express it.
3 years later...
I'm growing into my 1 wing more and more every day. I feel like I could be 1 core/fix sometimes to the strength it's at-definitely don't think I have one, it's just what it is. I'm just so frustrated with how the world is and how people think and how much ugly is behind everything and it makes my mind go brrr. But at the end of the day, I don't try to look for problems, and it's one of my pet peeves people who do, I just end up seeing them after some philosophical meandering. 1w9 is said to be a psuedo head type, and that is me for sure, but I also am very head type heavy outside of my core ahah. Any type can have standards, but if I have to act in a way that goes outside my standards, it's hard to act at all.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
very strong, when I am healthy. It's core to who I am, and I would argue it energizes and reinforces me.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I rely on both wings pretty equally to cope with my 4-ish struggles. My 5-wing helps me with differentiation and emotional awareness so that I can strategize how to outgrow the thought patterns that cause me to be attached to my suffering. However, I get more of my needs met through embracing my 3-wing and the results are more tangible. Often what I analyze when in type 5 mode centers heavily around image security, negative comparison, identity shame, and what to do to improve those things, so I classify myself as a 4w3, even though I'm avoiding abandonment by going meta. It feels like if I were a wind-up toy, I would use type 5 to wind myself up, then when you set me down I'll autopilot in type 3 mode to get the results I want, but underneath I don't feel secure and am trying to remind myself how to be.

Last edited: