• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your wing?

How Strong is your Wing?

• I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • my wing kicks ass

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • my wing is pretty strong

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • my wing is kinda weak

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have no wing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have both wings

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm either a 8w7 or 7w8. It's very difficult to determine which one's in the driver's seat, though recent study has led me to believe it's 7w8.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 wing and strong. Mostly in the recluse and sometimes detached part.

I am much more 4ish and 6ish than 5. But is there.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have either no wing or a weak one (6w7) according to this professional Enneagram practitioner that assessed it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm either a 8w7 or 7w8. It's very difficult to determine which one's in the driver's seat, though recent study has led me to believe it's 7w8.

what were you like as a child? that's how I determined 7w8 over 8w7. my 8 side didn't really start to come out until middle school

B

brainheart

If I could take the poll again I would answer I don't know which is my type and which is my wing. Swear they alternate days or it's a 51%/49% ratio. They are both so crucial to defining who i am and how I interact with the world.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what were you like as a child? that's how I determined 7w8 over 8w7. my 8 side didn't really start to come out until middle school

I was fairly quiet and played by myself a lot. Pretty creative and sensitive; liked artwork, making up one-person games to entertain myself, and became very emotionally attached to the pets of everyone I knew. I had a petty theft problem as a kid because I'd ask my parents for something, they'd say no, but I wanted it so I'd just take it. I didn't really make the connection between paying for something and taking something because, but but but I want it. :cry: I also terrified my parents because I'd get adventurous when we were out in public and wander off by myself. I used to think it was hilarious to play hide and seek in the mall. After the first few heart attacks, I was put on a leash.

I was bullied a lot because I have Tourette's and I was different -- when kids were hostile towards me, I skipped the whining of "leave me alooooone!" and punched them in their little fucking faces. :p I got blamed for the fighting a lot (by the teachers, not my parents) because I usually threw the first punch. I could be pretty forceful too. I'd get ideas in my head that "this swing is mine" or "this seat is mine" so when some other kid was in my spot I'd walk up and say "Get. Out. Of. My. Spot." :thelook:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was fairly quiet and played by myself a lot. Pretty creative and sensitive; liked artwork, making up one-person games to entertain myself, and became very emotionally attached to the pets of everyone I knew. I had a petty theft problem as a kid because I'd ask my parents for something, they'd say no, but I wanted it so I'd just take it. I didn't really make the connection between paying for something and taking something because, but but but I want it. :cry: I also terrified my parents because I'd get adventurous when we were out in public and wander off by myself. I used to think it was hilarious to play hide and seek in the mall. After the first few heart attacks, I was put on a leash.

I was bullied a lot because I have Tourette's and I was different -- when kids were hostile towards me, I skipped the whining of "leave me alooooone!" and punched them in their little fucking faces. :p I got blamed for the fighting a lot (by the teachers, not my parents) because I usually threw the first punch. I could be pretty forceful too. I'd get ideas in my head that "this swing is mine" or "this seat is mine" so when some other kid was in my spot I'd walk up and say "Get. Out. Of. My. Spot." :thelook:

sounds 7w8 Self Preservation, though it looks like your 8 wing had a stronger presence as a child than it did for me

illusion

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I vote 'I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing'
I'm 5w4 and I only know that "6 isn't my wing definitely."

rav3n

My 7 wing's pretty strong. When the old Rheti test was available, the types tiered as 8>5>7>3, etc. If you consider that 8,5,3 is my tritype, 7's pretty strong.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have both wings.
w5 kicks ass. w7 is as strong as 6 core.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strong enough. Makes me anxious about random things perhaps.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Omg [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]! Another thing we were just talking about!

Do you mind if I post part of our conversation about it?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My wing is strong (6w5) but counteracted by my instinctual variant to some degree (sx/so).

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't choose it, but I'm glad that "My wing is STRONGER than my main type" is an option.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have both, though 1w9 is perhaps slightly stronger than 1w2.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm still deciding between my wing and my core. I'm pretty darn sure about one of those two being right.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Omg [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]! Another thing we were just talking about!

Do you mind if I post part of our conversation about it?

No problems go ahead :D

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm much more of the "stand-your-ground" 8w9 than the "flaunt-your-toughness" 8w7. Still, I feel the 7's call of the wild and can be a thrillseeker at times.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
No problems go ahead :D

Get to it later maaybe.

But quick summary- believe that wings are sort of like handedness. You always will have a dominant one- but over time, life will demand that you do tasks which will involve the other hand- which will strengthen it. Everyone is influenced by both wings imo- but some will employ methods- have to face things- that will pull on their weaker side more- and therefore- with that training- both sides will develop and appear more even.

Even if one is dominant- even if one is more natural- can be employed more flexibly- preferred.

Like I told you- you are imo... pretty balanced wing wise imo. (Especially considering your age/time you have had to develop both sides.)

Other people like me... focus on one side- making the other side- over time- appear weaker- more unfamiliar- confidence in it low, meaning Im less likely to put as much effort 'right now' on developing it- unless I get to a situation where I really have to- where its FORCED and I cant use the dominant side... Ill have WAY more trouble of calling up that weaker wing than you will. Eventually, over time, as I become more comfortable with the limits of my 1 wing- Ill look to expand the other direction from my 9 towards 8... imo. But until then- Im pretty definitively 1.

Just my opinions. But yeah. Being one sided dominant more can have advantages too- you are more distinctly familiar with the aspects of that wing- can understand the boundries of it a bit more- have a bit more understanding and control over it- instead of being tugged with suggestions from the other direction.

Though the flexibility- the ability to look at things with such globally different mindsets from opposing wings- is something thats awesome in people with lots of input from both sides...

I think.

Hahaha quick summary my ass from me...

Lots of thinking here. Feel free to add some more thinking if youd like!