User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Strong is your Wing?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

7 8.43%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

6 7.23%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

9 10.84%
  • my wing kicks ass

17 20.48%
  • my wing is pretty strong

29 34.94%
  • my wing is kinda weak

6 7.23%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

4 4.82%
  • I have no wing

3 3.61%
  • I have both wings

8 9.64%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 8910

MBTI
    ANFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    You're not being offensive, it's a genuine question. 3 was a type I was trying out/had thought was more plausible since I had been going between 6 and 5 for so long (ie. typically if you are having a difficult time differentiating between two adjacent types, the possibility that the traits you are considering are covered by another type becomes hightened), it ended up not working. I haven't bothered to update my signature or my profile (as there is really no point atm). I'm between 6w5 and 5w6 core in reality.
    Statistically speaking, INTP is way more likely to be 5 than 6 (like 6-15x times, literally).

Almost half of the 6 wing is SJ.
    However, I did read a generic description just now of type 6, and its really like a double edge sword, so SJ in one terms and so NOT SJ in other terms. The term "rebellious" in MBTI is the most strong and associated in INTP type (the option that has rebellious or something like that is for INTP in the MBTI test I made). "Rebellious" should be the last term we would associate with SJs.

"Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on." [Enneagram Institute]

Well, Im wondering if it is really proper to address a type for that.

Anyway, I still think that 5w6 is way more likely tha 6w5 but I do think you have P/J borderline, so that really mix stuff.

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Statistically speaking, INTP is way more likely to be 5 than 6 (like 6-15x times, literally).

Almost half of the 6 wing is SJ.
    However, I did read a generic description just now of type 6, and its really like a double edge sword, so SJ in one terms and so NOT SJ in other terms. The term "rebellious" in MBTI is the most strong and associated in INTP type (the option that has rebellious or something like that is for INTP in the MBTI test I made). "Rebellious" should be the last term we would associate with SJs.

"Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on." [Enneagram Institute]

Well, Im wondering if it is really proper to address a type for that.

Anyway, I still think that 5w6 is way more likely tha 6w5 but I do think you have P/J borderline, so that really mix stuff.
    Based on statistics, you do have a point with that, I appreciate your input. In terms of the traditional function stacks (not the newer model you've constructed, as I haven't had as much time as I've liked to study it deeply), I tend to have more decent Si than other INTPs, which could suggest 6 > 5 despite me relating to 5 far more than 6. Like you've referenced, however, in terms of 6 as a type isn't incompatible with INTP (ie. I'd argue 6 is one of the most versatile of the types in terms of how it presents itself).

My biggest issue with the statistics is that, unlike most of the other mbti types, INTP statistics are always polarized to the extreme towards enneagram 5. 5, followed by 4, is probably one of the most common mistypes in the enneagram community (by self typing especially). In terms of my own observance a theorizing, I'd think that 6 is considerably more common among the majority of intuitives than referenced, specifically INTP (I also think that 9, while being one of the other referenced types for INTP, is considerably more common than statistics suggest).

“My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert
    | 5w6 3w4 9w1 sp/so |

MBTI
    ANFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    Based on statistics, you do have a point with that, I appreciate your input. In terms of the traditional function stacks (not the newer model you've constructed, as I haven't had as much time as I've liked to study it deeply), I tend to have more decent Si than other INTPs, which could suggest 6 > 5 despite me relating to 5 far more than 6. Like you've referenced, however, in terms of 6 as a type isn't incompatible with INTP (ie. I'd argue 6 is one of the most versatile of the types in terms of how it presents itself).

My biggest issue with the statistics is that, unlike most of the other mbti types, INTP statistics are always polarized to the extreme towards enneagram 5. 5, followed by 4, is probably one of the most common mistypes in the enneagram community (by self typing especially). In terms of my own observance a theorizing, I'd think that 6 is considerably more common among the majority of intuitives than referenced, specifically INTP (I also think that 9, while being one of the other referenced types for INTP, is considerably more common than statistics suggest).
    9 is common for introverted sensors.
    Introverted sensors arent common in typology community, but they are fairly common over the world (except Japan).
    You meeting more 9s in real life and less then on community is quite natural, and the 9 you should meet in real life should even be fairly different than the ones you will see posting here, mostly.

6 have actually statistical problems in my opinion.
    Because despite the description, most phrases better correlated with 6 and probably the ones used in test are all focused on that SJ side. One article about enneagram listed the best correlated questions with each type, and these are for 6:
    I have been cautious .554
    I have wanted to follow clear-cut guidelines .524
    I have needed consistent predictability .599
    [INV] Given a choice between something familiar and something new, I have chosen something new .557
    [INV] I have been spontaneous .533

[INV] means reverse, which is negative.
    The one about something new is specially anti-NP.

These part of duality on 6 doesnt really end up making to the tests.
    I also never got this "mistyped" 4´s stuff anyway.

In terms of "models", Im going to publish the second one already and there is one third (but this third will take some time). =D

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I'm 4w3 but my 3 wing is weaker
    Still stronger my main type

and , i relate 6w7 too

I still can't decide i'm 4w3 or 6w7 ( yeah i'm still tritype the Seeker )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

7w6 here. My 6-wing is fairly strong (and counterphobic) to the point where it caused some confusion between 7w6 and 6w7 (cp). I still sometimes think about it, but I always come back to 7w6; I relate more to the 7 mentality, but my 6-wing amplifies in certain situations.
    “When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.” - Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man

"The most we can hope for is to create the best possible conditions for success, then let go of the outcome. The ride is a lot more fun that way." - Phil Jackson, Eleven Rings

Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Saprophytic Aphrodite View Post
    My wings fell off...
    ...and then I ate them.

MBTI
    idk
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    idk None

Pretty strong. I'm 9w8

MBTI
    nope
    Enneagram
    666 sp/sx
    Socionics
    shit Si

I'm having difficulty determining whether I am 4w3 or 6w5. I lean more toward 4 at the moment, but in either instance, my wing does kick ass.

I'm quite competency-focused. I've considered both 3 and 5 in the past, but looking into their core fears and desires, I think they fit me less. In the end, I'm definitely more reactive.
    anxious, frustrated, and introverted ~ 4w3 6w5 XwX ~ very very social blind ~ chaotic neutral ~ slytherin
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    947 sx/so

My core type is 9w8 and my 8 wing is quite strong, to the point that I've been sure I was an 8w9 in the past, for some time. Especially during my teen years I used to be quite aggressive verbally, and kinda bossed people around when I was put in a leadership position for group projects. Turns out I was probably just really under pressure due to other personal problems, I was really scared of being seen as weak and I felt like I had no balance and harmony in my life and I reacted by snapping at people and being aggressive in general. Now I've calmed down quite a lot because I gained some peace of mind and I don't care about being considered weak anymore, but still when I feel that someone/something is threatening my personal harmony I still react like this, at one point I can't take it anymore and I snap at whoever/whatever is messing up the balance I so hardly try to keep in my life. I think the characteristic that most helped me discriminate between 8w9 and 9w8 in the end was how I feel about leadership: I don't care about being a leader, I don't want to because it's too much of a bother, I'd rather follow someone else whom I consider capable or just do my own thing. I also tend to procrastinate a lot, I kinda avoid responsibilities and in general I just want to do what I enjoy in life, and that is my personal definition of success. All of this is much more typical of a type 9 than a type 8, as 8s, as far as I understood, are much more interested in leadership and status than I ever was. Still, I tend to be quite assertive in social situations and generally I speak my mind and do what I want even when I know that others around me will disagree, which is why I think the 8 wing has quite some influence on my type
    I've also had some difficulties determining if I has 4w3 or 3w4 in my tritype in the past. I kinda relate to the basic desires and fears of both, but reading up on it I realized that the struggles of type 4 definitely have been more of a constant in every aspect of my life, compared to those of type 3 (in general, even if 9w8 is my core type, 4w3 still has a big influence on my behavior and daily life); I just happen to have a strong 3 wing
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post