• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Odd Enneagram/MBTI combinations, all the oddballs rejoice!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't imagine an IxFP 8....it would be weeeeird to see.

I knew an INFJ 3w4, and predictably, it made him a bit more sociable and Fe heavy in his interactions, but he was still notably introverted & Ni-led in his thinking.
My INFJ aunt may be a 3 also; she's very status/image aware, but in a anti-status status way (ie. vegetarian green peace image)....but then she may be eNFJ, or even enneagram 6.
I think 3s are under-typed because people see their motivations as shallow & don't want to cop to it, & 3s are good at projecting the image they want to project.

This post is pretty interesting.....it's about enneagram & MBTI combinations causing "lookalike" effects. It's relevant to this thread in theorizing on how the unusual pairings may appear.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48303&p=1577858&viewfull=1#post1577858

I'm 90% sure that I'm an INFJ 3w4 (I'm that sort of anti-status but still status aware 3s it seems). I think having a "non-typical" enneagram and mbti explains a lot of my type confusion in the past. This probably is true for a lot of the perennial "I put a X in my type", "I'm ambiverted" or "INTJ to ENTP back to INTJ" people on the board.

Do you guys think these odd combinations make it harder to self actualize? An ENFP 1, ESFP 5, or INFJ 3 etc all seem like they'd be doomed to either conflicted or have goals that don't match their normal way of operating. Thoughts?

Silveresque

I saw an ISFJ 5w6 on PersonalityCafe. It seems like a pretty rare combination, but I guess they exist.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw an INTP 7 and an INTP 8 on personality cafe

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Patrick Stewart: ENTJ 4w3 Sp/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Richard Dawkins: INTP 3w4 So/Sp
Kenny G: I?TJ 3w2 or 3w4 Sp/Sx

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seem some ISTP 9s, as well as an INTJ 9w1 and ISTJ 9w1 at Personality Cafe. I'll be amazed if I ever hear of or encounter a Type 9 ETJ.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maria Callas is a 4w3 Sx/Sp, she might be INFJ. other than that, maybe Prince?

I see Prince more as a ISFP with high Ni

Bob Dylan strikes me as a ISFP too. 4w5 for sure, sort of an odd combination.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is an INFP 4w5 sx/sp odd? or actually common. I know the enneagram part is but the instinctual?
it seems to kind of make everything more extreme or something.

I'm really wacky, and I've noticed most infp's on these messageboards seem sp/sx's, but sx/sp seems to be a bit more rare.
While the enneagram and MBTI description helped me understand myself the instinctual really helped also in filling in some gaps that were kind of missing a bit.
I really do feel like the embodiement of a tortued artist and times and it's kind of ridculous. Like i'm a giant cliche. I've tried medication but they always have too many side effects. My moods are just insane sometimes, yet I always feel this need for intensity. But it's better for me to have intensity then mediocrity because it feels far worse then depression, haha.

INFP is one of the common among 4w5s Sx/Sp. Maybe INFJ too, but less likely.

Nicki

Retired
I knew an ISFJ type 8 who was just as fond of aggressive debates as I was. Sadly, we lost touch.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I spent about a month as a 9w8. I was like a tree in the wind; just happy to be included.

Good times.

G

Glycerine

I know it still kinda sounds idiotic but I am still convinced I am an extroverted 5 because I have learned a lot of introverted coping mechanisms over the years.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I might be an INTP 6w5. Probably not that unusual but it breaks the all INTPs are 5s stereotype.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The IXFJ type 8

John Locke, Al Pacino. Also a girl that I met on another forum. They are all INFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp.

An ISFJ 8 could be John Wayne for example.

The EXTP type 4

Stephen Frye, Siouxie Sioux, Marc Bolan, Sarah MacLachlan are all ENTP 4w3. I personally know an ENTP 4w3 So/Sx.

An ESTP 4w3 could be Vivien leigh, perhaps.

The IXFP type 7

Tons!

ISFP: Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, liz Taylor, Drew Barrymore, Ryan Gosling, Lenie Riefensthal...
INFP: Serge Gainsbourg, Syd Barrett, Jim Morrison...

The EXFJ type 5

Now that's a true odd combination. I have no example in my mind.

Also, I'm searching for an IFP 8. Seem like truly at odd or even impossible.

winterchild

Enneagram
I might be an INTP 6w5. Probably not that unusual but it breaks the all INTPs are 5s stereotype.

My mom seems to be a 6w5 ENTP. (She claims she's an introvert, but I married an INTP and the differences are significant.)

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is ESFP e9 sx odd? She's very in the moment, but works to make the moment cheerful. She's pretty sociable but has an energy limit, and she procrastinates like no one else. She isn't forceful and she doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve like other Se-doms I've known.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an INFP 6w5 so/sx, and I think my tritype is 621. INFPs are stereotyped as 4s or 9s, but I do not related to the "I am a special snowflake" fixation of the 4 or the doormat-like, compartmentalizing, and dissociating quality of the 9. Anxiety and fear of being without support is my core neurosis.