• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram + JCF Descriptions?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, what you are describing as right-wing is just libertarian right-wing.

no, that is true of both type of right wing. authoritarian right wing is economic freedom and minimal government involvement in business just like libertarian right wing. the difference is that authoritarian right wing societies lack social freedom and human rights

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9: EP
1w2: EP
agreed, minus ENFP. they can be very idealistic 1-ish

2w1: ETJ
2w3: ETJ
INTJ is less likely to be a 2 than ESTJ. I think NTJ works better

3w2: Ne aux
3w4: Ne aux
agreed

4w3: ETJ
4w5: ETJ
ENTJs are a little less likely than ESTJs. I would say ESJ, but overall I think you're right

5w4: Any extrovert
5w6: Any extrovert
no. there are several ENTPs and ENTJs who are 5s

6w5: Any MBTI can be
6w7: Any MBTI can be
agreed

7w6: INTJ or any introvert for that matter
7w8: INTJ or any introvert for that matter
I know several ISP 7s. I would say IJ

8w7: INFP, ISFP
8w9: INFP
I know 4 ISFP 8s, along with Donald Trump. they just don't look like ISFP :D
I would go INFP and ISFJ (though my profile picture (not my avatar though) is an INFP 8w9 Sx/Sp)

9w1: ETJ
9w8: ETJ
agreed

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, that is true of both type of right wing. authoritarian right wing is economic freedom and minimal government involvement in business just like libertarian right wing. the difference is that authoritarian right wing societies lack social freedom and human rights

From Wikipedia:

Right-wing authoritarianism
Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. It is defined by three attitudinal and behavioral clusters which correlate together:[1][2]
Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
Authoritarian aggression — a general aggressiveness directed against deviants, outgroups, and other people that are perceived to be targets according to established authorities.
Conventionalism — a high degree of adherence to the traditions and social norms that are perceived to be endorsed by society and its established authorities, and a belief that others in one's society should also be required to adhere to these norms[3].
The terminology of authoritarianism, right-wing authoritarianism, and authoritarian personality tend to be used interchangeably by psychologists, though inclusion of the term "personality" may indicate a psychodynamic interpretation consistent with the original formulation of the theory.

Right-wing ("Republican") libertarian beliefs:
The most common belief libertarian Republicans share is fiscal conservatism -- specifically, advocating for lower taxes at every level of government, a reduction in the level of spending in the federal budget, easing the burden of federal regulations on business interests, the reform of the entitlement system, and ending or making significant cuts to the welfare state. Additionally, they oppose budget deficits and deficit spending and work to minimize it as much as possible. Libertarian Republicans tend to support more fiscal conservatism than their mainstream counterparts in the party, and are less willing to abandon these principles for political expediency.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
agreed, minus ENFP. they can be very idealistic 1-ish

INTJ is less likely to be a 2 than ESTJ. I think NTJ works better

agreed

ENTJs are a little less likely than ESTJs. I would say ESJ, but overall I think you're right

no. there are several ENTPs and ENTJs who are 5s

agreed

I know several ISP 7s. I would say IJ

I know 4 ISFP 8s, along with Donald Trump. they just don't look like ISFP :D
I would go INFP and ISFJ

agreed

A lot of ones come across to me as idealistic and righteous prudes with a large stick up their asses, though I can see the case with Fi. I wouldn't call Ne a very "1"ish function because ones are all about order and perfectionism and all that stuff.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of ones come across to me as idealistic and righteous prudes with a large stick up their asses, though I can see the case with Fi. I wouldn't call Ne a very "1"ish function because ones are all about order and perfectionism and all that stuff.

true. personally, I can be 1-ish as hell sometimes because of Fi and Tertiary Te.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But you're not.

I know, but an ENFP has the cognitive potential to be comfortable being a 1, therefore it's less likely than other EPs.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WHERE IS IT I NEED TO SEE IT

Originally by [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION]

INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

By this description I almost could see myself as INTJ 4, maybe.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Originally by [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION]
By this description I almost could see myself as INTJ 4, maybe.

you have as much in common with an INTJ as a golden retriever puppy as in common with a starving wolf :D

Silveresque

INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

Hey, that description fits me pretty well. I may not be an INTJ, but close enough. :D I think this captures the more toned down, not so melodramatic personality of a 4 paired with thinking rather than the usual preference for feeling.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I posted it in another thread but this thread:

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/65627-enneagram-article-series.html

has a link to each enneagram type's correlation with MBTI functions. It's a bit crude and seems to be more theorycrafting than actually having any facts backing it, but it shows how certain types could act with those functions.

Also, as a sidenote, keep in mind that 2's aren't all about gaining the love of other people. Some 2's (Thinking 2's, 2w1's, and sp 2's mostly) care more about showing respect to others and having those people respect them. They can seem like 1's, 5's, and 8's in that regard.

Cool link, thanks :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you have as much in common with an INTJ as a golden retriever puppy as in common with a starving wolf :D

goldern-retrivers-pup-3.jpg

Black-Wolf-2.jpg

I don't see the difference :D