• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Harmonic Triads

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Harmonic Triads - 135/468/792? Do you recognize yourself in them?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I strongly identify with the withdrawn triad 459 and the head triad 567 and somewhat with the competency triad 135. However, I also identify somewhat with the reactive triad 468 even though it doesn't include my type.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Harmonic Triads - 135/468/792? Do you recognize yourself in them?

No, these aren't mine. However, I'm curious about what makes three seemingly very different groups "the harmonic triads". I didn't know about those.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I strongly identify with the withdrawn triad 459 and the head triad 567 and somewhat with the competency triad 135. However, I also identify somewhat with the reactive triad 468 even though it doesn't include my type.

It looks like you have a mixture of triad types going there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, these aren't mine. However, I'm curious about what makes three seemingly very different groups "the harmonic triads". I didn't know about those.

Those are the Competence (1,3,5), Reactive (4,6,8), and Positive outlook (7,9,2) triads. Unfortunately, I don't have the book The Wisdom of the Enneagram, so I can't go into much detail about this. A brief description would be, "ways we manage our lives when we don't get what we want or need."

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From The Wisdom of the Enneagram:

The Positive Outlook Group: Deny that they have any problems.

Nine: "What problem? I don't think there's a problem."
Two: "You have a problem. I'm here to help you.
Seven: "There may be a problem, but I'm fine.

The Competency Group: Cut off feelings and solve problems logically.

Three: "There's an efficient solution to this - we just need to get to work.
One: "I'm sure we can solve this like sensible, mature adults."
Five: "There are a number of hidden issues here: let me think about this."

The Reactive Group: React strongly and need response from others.

Six: "I feel really pressured, and I've got to let off some steam!"
Four: "I feel really hurt, and I need to express myself."
Eight: "I'm angry about this and you're going to hear about it!"

And there's also the Hornevian groups, which are more about social styles: 378 are assertive, 459 are withdrawn and 126 are compliant.