• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curious Again

G

Glycerine

So I know I have asked a lot about my type before but I always wonder I am being objective about things. I am going to do a self description independent of the type descriptions as not to bias my own description.

General demeanor: I am a very hard person to get to know. It's hard to open up because I don't want my business spread around so I say tidbits of personal information to different people. Usually when I talk to people, it's usually in terms of ideas rather than anything too personal (unless I am stressed out and ready to explode). Along with the privateness, I am not very emotive or affectionate (more like a cat) unless something is really bugging me. Even then, I seemed to have a delayed reaction to my emotions and have to analyze them to figure out why something's upsetting me. Also, I can be highly stubborn because I hate to be controlled by others and if people try to control or deceive me,I retaliate against them until they stop bothering me. Because I hate it, I try my best not to control others and let them do what they need to do.

Approach to problems: I can be very type A but very calm. Any major problems related to my goals or concerning me, I freak the heck out until it gets fixed. I think of many solutions, research, ask people, and analyze all the answers until I am positive that's what I want to do. Because of this, my dad considers me the problem solver of the family. Other than that, I can stay relatively calm to other people's problems and can usually see many courses of action very clearly for them. However, I try to stay out of it and detach from it unless I see someone really struggling. I end up getting in the middle of things and end up in the therapist role. People end up telling me their problems more than I to them and I hold secrets from a lot of random people.

Social situations: I like to be around people but if I don't think I have much to add to the group, I detach and go into my head. High energy and high conflict environments drain me and I have to get away because it disturbs my autonomy.

VagrantFarce

That description has Five written all over it, I'm surprised you're finding it hard to pick a type. :)

• you're private and find it uncomfortable to open up emotionally
  • you have "delayed reactions" and have to analyze things before-hand
  • you can be highly stubborn because you hate being "controlled" by others, yet you don't feel comfortable telling other people what to do
  • you hold "secrets" from a lot of random people
  • you're the "problem-solver" of the family
  • you "detach" from social situations when you become uninterested
  • "high energy" and "high conflict" drain you and you have to get away because it disturbs your autonomy (!!)
Why are you even considering other types?! It's like you lifted this from a textbook! :laugh:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, you do sound very 5.

What other types have you considered? I thought just possibly 9, as well.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
oops did I say you were an ESTP before? now I'm getting ISTJ.

o lmao this is in the enneagram section.

I do think you are an ISTJ though anyhow. :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* Nines are brilliant at work but unfocused and inattentive everywhere else, whereas Fives are focused and attentive everywhere all the time

* Nines usually do not consider the consequences of their actions; Fives are extremely interested in predicting the consequences of every action.

* the thinking of intelligent, well-educated Nines tends to be in the direction of simplifying reality and cutting through abstruse thickets to get at the kernel of truth beneath

* By attempting to arrive at a grand unifying theory that encompasses and explains everything, average Fives end up involved in increasing complications and abstractions.

These are the easiest differences to see, imo. Even now, you can see that I'm trying to get to that kernel of truth beneath (I took a large wall of writing and simplified it to this).

I can't completely tell whether you're 5 or 9 from what you've written, I can relate to some of it vaguely (being the therapist, retreating to my head etal.), but a lot of it is different, and not necessarily related to 5.

G

Glycerine

I have considered 9w1, 3w4, 6w5, and 5w6.
I guess the reason why I was reconsidering was that 5 is probably the rarest for my MBTI type (ENFJ) and was just trying to make sure I was not just glorifying 5 and villianizing 6. Also being an ENFJ 5w6 seems vastly different from an INTX 5w6 so I am double-checking.

Silveresque

* Nines are brilliant at work but unfocused and inattentive everywhere else, whereas Fives are focused and attentive everywhere all the time

* Nines usually do not consider the consequences of their actions; Fives are extremely interested in predicting the consequences of every action.

* the thinking of intelligent, well-educated Nines tends to be in the direction of simplifying reality and cutting through abstruse thickets to get at the kernel of truth beneath

* By attempting to arrive at a grand unifying theory that encompasses and explains everything, average Fives end up involved in increasing complications and abstractions.

I sound more like a 9 based on that. :blink:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could be 6. Do you identify a lot with descriptions?

There are A LOT of varieties of 6, it seems. You sound less emotional and anxious than me, but that could just be the way you express yourself. :) And though I know I am emotional and anxious...I know I don't come across that way in the majority of situations.

G

Glycerine

Well I can be very anxious and emotional about my goals and some social situations but as long I fix whatever is bugging me, I relax again. An INFJ friend told me I seemed to be very content with just sitting there with my thoughts. I brought my type Aness and she told me I was VERY type A but rather easygoing and roll with the punches. I guess I am very anxious and type A with things that are important to me but really chill with everything else.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey Glyckin, check out Hubie Brown. Your stacking is sx/sp, right?

G

Glycerine

hmmm, never considered that option but will definitely check it out. Thanks.

G

Glycerine

Thank you everyone! I read the type 5 description to my mother and she says it sounds A LOT like me. I am going to settle for eNfJ 5w6 SP/SO. :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you everyone! I read the type 5 description to my mother and she says it sounds A LOT like me. I am going to settle for eNfJ 5w6 SP/SO. :)

ENFJ 5 ???? o_O

I could understand INFJ 5, because 5 is an introverted type.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am positive that I am extrovert. I really get energized by low energy people and get depressed if I am left completely alone for a day.

Doesn't that contradict 5 and 9s tendency to be withdrawing types? They move against others, they conserve their energy. Most extraverts that I know of will expend their energy, as soon as they want company, they will put in the effort to go and get it. 5 is the most introverted type out of all the types in the enneagram, followed closely by 9.

G

Glycerine

Doesn't that contradict 5 and 9s tendency to be withdrawing types? They move against others, they conserve their energy. Most extraverts that I know of will expend their energy, as soon as they want company, they will put in the effort to go and get it. 5 is the most introverted type out of all the types in the enneagram, followed closely by 9.
well it does make a lot of sense for me. I have an innate push and pull toward others. Even the 9w1 INFP in my family is more outgoing than me but I still need to engage others and my outside world a bit to be energized. How can ENTPs be 5s. It's the same thing.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm thinking 6w5...

G

Glycerine

So I just read the type 6 description to the person who knows me the best to see if it sounded like me and she kept saying "no" throughout the whole thing (just to verify). However, she kept saying yes to the 5 description. Now I am 100% sure of my 5ness. :)