• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram - MBTI Type correlation

What is the correlation between your MBTI and Enneagram type?

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
entp 2s and 5s, entj 9s unaccounted for.

infj 9s less common? Say what?

Fewer infp 6s than 5s?

How in the hell are istj 5s quite common?

Lotsa fun little errors to pick at.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SLE and enneagram 8 are a commodity.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Just found a series of enneagram articles that describes pretty much everything there is to know about a type. More importantly, the poster writes the correlation between each enneagram type and MBTI type. I haven't read through all, but most descriptions seem dead on:

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/65627-enneagram-article-series.html

That's a great read, dude. I don't agree with everything he says about 4's, but it's interesting either way. Lots of depth for sho.

To the OP: Dark blue

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fall into the "quite common" range. Dark blue.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny... I thought a certain MBTI Enthusiast made that chart on Personality Cafe...

I fall under less common. 6w7 tends to make all types look funny; the introverts more extroverted, the extroverts more introverted; the intuitives more sensory, the sensors more intuitive.

I see no reason why ISTJ 5 would be uncommon.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Least common; I'm a special snowflake. 9w8 ENTJ, possibly ENTP (I think the P tendencies are my 9 laziness and the cognitive functions of ENTJ seem to be a better fit but I may be misinterpreting Fe). They were both marked as white, however, so my vote is the same either way.

Are ENTJ 9s a phenomenon? Could you elaborate on this? I'm very curious about how the two interact, and if my typing makes sense.

I've heard of INFJs of every type except 7. I think they're very diverse :yes: but I wasn't talking specifically about MBTI. there are INFJs who seem like INTPs, INTJs, ENFJs and ISFJs (though not a lot that seemed like INFPs in my experience)

I'm amused because that's actually my close friend's type: INFJ 7 SP/SX. The combination of 7 with IJ seems to really get her down, especially when layered with the SP instinct. A lot of her 7 avoidance and excitement seeking happens in her head (or in the form of watching television), and she can never decide whether to go out or stay in because either one might somehow "deprive" her of a fun time.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are ENTJ 9s a phenomenon? Could you elaborate on this? I'm very curious about how the two interact, and if my typing makes sense.

:) Yeah, maybe something of a hiccup in the system. Dom Te types do tend manifest as 1s, 8s, and 7s, in my experience, though I've known and come to recognize 9s. At the very least, I think the coexistence of entjs and isfps could serve as solid evidence for opposite types if ever considered for scientific validation.

I have younger brother who is your type. Self-contained, mute, with a particularly slow-moving, all-consuming efficiency. Always been a kind, level-headed kid. Earns his perfect grades while staying active on teh club soccer scene, but prefers his privacy and accompanying self-autonomy (which extends as far as curling up in a corner on the couch to watch the Office for months) to everything else. Could (as you have) test as an sp/so e56 intp. His one buddy I remember is an sp/so e65 entj.

Gets along really well with his socionics dual, my other younger brother, an so/sp e67 isfj, so I definitely wonder a lot about at which point of womb maturation our cells decided on one type rather than its opposite.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks! This is interesting. Your brother sounds similar to me; autonomy and privacy are important to me, and I would describe myself as self-contained, which lead me to believe I was an introvert for some time (I also had depression, though, so that screwed up my analysis). I can shut people out during breaks and zone out really heavily for weeks, trying to get my energy back up before school starts again. I definitely identify with the phrase "slow-moving efficiency". It sounds like I display (and perhaps feel?) a lot more anger than he does, though. I can lash out at people who "get in my way", or sometimes overdo mild annoyance and look like I'm furious! I'm a lot chattier, too.

Good point about ENTJs and ISFPs– I can see how that could definitely lead to ENTJ 9s. I hadn't considered how shadows might affect enneagrams before but I definitely have experienced my ISFP shadow coming out (once again, during my depression).

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
An INTJ.
Black and some earth color would be preferable, although I like red color above all.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so

infj 9s less common? Say what?

Fewer infp 6s than 5s?

How in the hell are istj 5s quite common?

Lotsa fun little errors to pick at.

The problem is that you are looking at a theoretical approach, rather than the statistics. Though the thought of an ENTJ/E-9 confuses me.

G

garbage

Light blue.

Well, look at that.. the poll shows exactly what we'd expect.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just call me snowflake. *preens*