• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneatype?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I have an Enneatype labeled in my sig (6w5), but I am still having doubts about my type. I relate to parts of 1, 4, 5, 6, and 9, especially 4 and 6, but I don't feel like I have either of their fears. So, to try to help type me, I decided to list some character traits instead of bothering with a description because I have major "writer's block syndrome":

- Very dependent and almost incapable of original thought, but VERY opinionated (an awful paradox of mine) and not group-oriented
- Often obsessive, but sometimes short attention-spanned
- Passionate, but unenthusiastic about most things
- Loyal, but not dedicatedly so
- Lazy and undutiful, but mostly not pleasure-seeking
- Very uncreative and unoriginal, but inquisitive and curious
- Almost completely deliberating, but too much so to the point of almost paralyzed indecision
- Temperamental and emotional, but reserved most of time
- Very sensitive, but most of the time not defensive
- Mostly low-energy, but periodically energetic-feeling
- Focused a lot on others, but sometimes too detached to have motivation to help them or simply cannot figure out ways to help them, whatever the situation may be
- Cooperative and compliant more often than not, but have my own values that I strongly stick to and do not conform
- Extremely guilty-conscious, but not necessarily responsible-feeling
- Liking and loving of people, but not drawn to them for the most part
- Not very disciplined, but considerably determined and perseverant
- Persistent, but mostly passive due to wanting to take the best course of action as to avoid negative consequences
- Disgustingly non-proactive, but not necessarily reactive
- Pacifistic and nonconfrontational, but argumentative
- Detailed, meticulous, and perfectionistic of own work, but very accepting and understanding of others to the point of feeling like everybody should be pardoned for their faults
- Wishing well of others, but often self-pitying
- Go by feelings, but I think about them
- Very competitive, but always feeling bad for winning
- Rule-abiding, but mostly not rule-agreeing
- Treating everyone as equals, but regularly feeling inferior
- Unsociable, but friendly and warm with everyone who engages (though most of the time I'm very awkward)
- Sometimes very longing (but most of the time not), but feel guilty of it and do not ask others to get me whatever it is (if it is something that can be given) most of the time
- Considerably cautious and tentative, but sometimes unaware
- Mostly responsible, though sometimes forgetful
- Uncaring of success in the big sense in the word, as in fame and prestige, but very afraid of failing in individual things (e.g. "I must not lose this game," "I must not do this incorrectly," etc.)
- Mostly trusting and see good in everyone in the big sense of the word, but sometimes doubtful of their abilities if not proven so
- Almost entirely modest, though I do like compliments and being loved very much
- Emotionally expressive for the most part in private and people I'm close to (though sometimes emotionally void for some reason), but much more reserved in public as to not embarrass myself
- Very shy and timid, but open up rather easily and become interested to those who approach me (95% of my friends approached me first)
- Anxious and nervous quite frequently, and almost never calm
- Somewhat idealistic, but not visionary and ambitious about it that much at all
- Very intimate and affectionate with those I'm close to, but only if they are comfortable with it
* EXTREMELY self-critical, self-conscious, insecure, and shameful

Note: If you want to add your opinion of my MBTI, feel free to comment on that as well. :yes:

Last edited:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm inclined to say 4 but your rather ambivalent description as what you have outlined here is rather 6-ish.

What's your state of mind like at the moment? Moods can have a profound effect on how you view yourself.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm inclined to say 4 but your rather ambivalent description as what you have outlined here is rather 6-ish.

What's your state of mind like at the moment? Moods can have a profound effect on how you view yourself.

Right now, I feel emotionally queasy because of Marmie saying how fake and gross-looking the girl I like's photoshopped photo was. But at the time when I was writing this, I felt rather contemplative with a wee bit of angst. Does that change anything?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right now, I feel emotionally queasy because of Marmie saying how fake and gross-looking the girl I like's photoshopped photo was. But at the time when I was writing this, I felt rather contemplative with a wee bit of angst. Does that change anything?

I think (with a bit of angst) you might want to take a look at this:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49446&p=1635964&viewfull=1#post1635964

When you are in stress, disintegration might get in the way of your true type. But I'll just outline what 4 that I have seen and inclination to 6.

COLOR CODED - 4
COLOR CODED - 6

Very dependent and almost incapable of original thought, but VERY opinionated (an awful paradox of mine) and not group-oriented
- Often obsessive, but sometimes have a short attention-span
- Passionate, but unenthusiastic about most things
- Loyal, but not dedicatedly so
- Lazy and undutiful, but mostly not pleasure-seeking
- Very uncreative and unoriginal, but inquisitive and curious
- Almost completely deliberating, but too much so to the point of almost paralyzed indecision
- Temperamental and emotional, but reserved most of time
- Very sensitive, but not defensive
- Mostly low-energy, but have periodic periods of energeticism
- Focused a lot on others, but sometimes too detached to have motivation to help them or simply cannot figure out ways to help them, whatever the situation may be
- Cooperative and compliant more often than not, but have my own values that I strongly stick to and do not conform
- Extremely guilty-conscious, but not necessarily feeling responsible
- Liking and loving of people, but mostly not drawn to them
- Not very disciplined, but considerably determined and perseverant
- Persistent, but mostly passive due to wanting to take the best course of action as to avoid negative consequences
- Disgustingly non-proactive, but not necessarily reactive (hmm could be a 9 here)
- Pacifistic and nonconfrontational, but argumentative
- Detailed, meticulous, and perfectionistic of own work, but very accepting and understanding of others to the point of feeling like everybody should be pardoned for their faults
- Wishing well of others, but often self-pitying
- Go by feelings, but I think about them
- Very competitive, but always feeling bad for winning
- Rule-abiding, but mostly not rule-agreeing *sounds like a case of CP 6 here*
- Treating everyone as equals, but regularly feeling inferior
- Unsociable, but friendly and warm with everyone who talks to me (though most of the time very awkward)
- Sometimes very longing (but most of the time not), but feel guilty of it and do not ask others to get me whatever it is (if it is something that can be given) most of the time
- Considerably cautious and tentative, but sometimes unaware
- Mostly responsible, though sometimes forgetful
- Uncaring of success in the big sense in the word, as in fame and prestige, but very afraid of failing in individual things (i.e. "I must not lose this game," "I must not do this incorrectly," etc.)
- Mostly trusting and see good in everyone in the big sense of the word, but sometimes doubtful of their abilities if not proven so
- Almost entirely modest, though I do like compliments and being loved very much
- Emotionally expressive for the most part in private and people I'm close to (though sometimes emotionally void for some reason), but much more reserved in public as to not embarrass myself
- Very shy and timid, but open up rather easily and become interested to those who approach me (95% of my friends approached me first)
- Anxious and nervous quite frequently, and almost never calm
- Somewhat idealistic, but not visionary and ambitious about it that much at all - sounds like 9w1 here
- Very intimate and affectionate with those I'm close to, but only if they are comfortable with it
* EXTREMELY self-critical, self-conscious, insecure, and shameful

hmm (mind the messiness), the more I read, the more it seems like you're a 6 with 9 integration at that point.

You mentioned contemplative + angst; I know 9s are out of touch with their anger. But anyway, what you have outlined seems indicative of integrating to fast nine, or getting in touch with your 7 wing.

and as colored in blue there seems to be a lot of ambivalence; pushing people away and then welcoming them - that seems to be the contradictory relationship of 6 with the 5 wing.

typewatch said:
6w5s want answers to account for unknown circumstances more than support or guidance. They look more for predictability as they are especially aware of what doesn't make sense around them. Their five wing causes them to be do-it-their-selfers with respect to how they look at things. They are more likely to stick to their views than try out different views at others' suggestions like 6w7s. They are more precise in their communication and are often serious and focused thinkers. They are more analytical and tend to be strategic problem solvers. They focus more on precedent, what has worked that can possibly be adopted. They tend to put credence in structured systems of knowledge that make sense of how things are. Structure also makes it easier to function in real life since they keep their distance similar to fives. They prefer to know the rules so they can go about their business without being interfered with. They also protect themselves by withholding just enough to make sure they don't get hurt emotionally.

6w5s tend to distrust the outside world more and see it as dangerous. They fear trusting the wrong person or ideology and being led along like a pawn, or worse, being betrayed. They are constantly on the lookout for whatever doesn't seem quite right. They have a nose for what is rotten underneath and aren't flattered by smooth-talkers. They have more of a bunker mentality and don't like being an easy target. They are tighter and more coiled. They are more closed off and snap at others easier. They are more independent and insular as interactions with others sometimes feel too demanding. They are very careful about looking towards others for support and advice and instead put lots of pressure on themselves to make up the difference. They care more about their pipelines to the world being severed than losing support from people. They constantly imagine worst case scenarios as how could one not with everything that goes on in the world. They tend to be natural skeptics and devils advocates. They are more wary and guarded as well as more cynical and sarcastic. They have conditioned themselves to expect the worst as few things are more painful than being blindsided. While they want to know what you are thinking it's more to have everything being open and concrete than them needing help. They see flattery as fake and don't want to be patronized. They'd rather be called out than given undeserved reassurance. If a person is too accomodating they wonder what the catch is.

6w5s want to find the whole truth in a situation. They question and test anything and keep track of every inconsistency. They focus on resolving discrepancies. They are natural private investigators in how they are skilled at sussing out others. They concentrate on what people say and especially the way they say it: tone, body language, speech patterns, attitude, etc. They may not always intuit correctly but that's a small price to pay when the alternative is naively ignoring what can go wrong out there. They get nervous if others aren't as forthcoming as they are. They want to know what others are thinking especially if they ask so many questions without explaining where they are coming from. They feel they must know others' intentions to feel at ease. They don't believe in having things sugarcoated for them so negative feedback is better than no feedback.

6w5s are vigilant types who see themselves as underdogs and view the powerful with suspicion. They are vigilant and have a heightened awareness of whose or which "side" someone is on. They are very aware of when things are unfairly uneven between people and feel compelled to bring attention to that "abuse of power". The danger of leaving this unchecked is too big to be ignored. This passion often makes them follow politics but can apply to their everyday lives as well. They feel entitled to have their opinions be acknowledged and respected just like anyone else's. If someone unfairly marginalizes them by arrogantly claiming to know them better than they know themselves they feel justified to call out the cliques and mutual admiration societies behind it all. They don't see any hypocrisy since they are all about goodwill and open with their shortcomings. They don't see themselves as attackers nor do they wish to alienate so they are surprised others may see them like that. When they are wrong they can seem paranoid. When they are right their vigilance combined with their relatability gives them a dimension to effect change even eights don't have.

do you relate to this?

http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you relate to this?[/url]

Bold: yes
Crossed-out: no
Underline: to a large extent

6w5s want answers to account for unknown circumstances more than support or guidance. They look more for predictability as they are especially aware of what doesn't make sense around them. Their five wing causes them to be do-it-their-selfers with respect to how they look at things. They are more likely to stick to their views than try out different views at others' suggestions like 6w7s. They are more precise in their communication and are often serious and focused thinkers. They are more analytical and tend to be strategic problem solvers. They focus more on precedent, what has worked that can possibly be adopted. They tend to put credence in structured systems of knowledge that make sense of how things are. Structure also makes it easier to function in real life since they keep their distance similar to fives. They prefer to know the rules so they can go about their business without being interfered with. They also protect themselves by withholding just enough to make sure they don't get hurt emotionally.

6w5s tend to distrust the outside world more and see it as dangerous. They fear trusting the wrong person or ideology and being led along like a pawn, or worse, being betrayed. They are constantly on the lookout for whatever doesn't seem quite right. They have a nose for what is rotten underneath and aren't flattered by smooth-talkers. They have more of a bunker mentality and don't like being an easy target. They are tighter and more coiled. They are more closed off and snap at others easier. They are more independent and insular as interactions with others sometimes feel too demanding. They are very careful about looking towards others for support and advice and instead put lots of pressure on themselves to make up the difference. They care more about their pipelines to the world being severed than losing support from people. They constantly imagine worst case scenarios as how could one not with everything that goes on in the world. They tend to be natural skeptics and devils advocates. They are more wary and guarded as well as more cynical and sarcastic. They have conditioned themselves to expect the worst as few things are more painful than being blindsided. While they want to know what you are thinking it's more to have everything being open and concrete than them needing help. They see flattery as fake and don't want to be patronized. They'd rather be [They like being] called out than [and] given undeserved reassurance. If a person is too accomodating they wonder what the catch is.

6w5s want to find the whole truth in a situation. They question and test anything and keep track of every inconsistency. They focus on resolving discrepancies. They are natural private investigators in how they are skilled at sussing out others. They concentrate on what people say and especially the way they say it: tone, body language, speech patterns, attitude, etc. They may not always intuit correctly but that's a small price to pay when the alternative is naively ignoring what can go wrong out there. They get nervous if others aren't as forthcoming as they are. They want to know what others are thinking especially if they ask so many questions without explaining where they are coming from. They feel they must know others' intentions to feel at ease. They don't believe in having things sugarcoated for them so negative feedback is better than no feedback.

6w5s are vigilant types who see themselves as underdogs and view the powerful with suspicion. They are vigilant and have a heightened awareness of whose or which "side" someone is on. They are very aware of when things are unfairly uneven between people and feel compelled to bring attention to that "abuse of power". The danger of leaving this unchecked is too big to be ignored. This passion often makes them follow politics but can apply to their everyday lives as well. They feel entitled to have their opinions be acknowledged and respected just like anyone else's. If someone unfairly marginalizes them by arrogantly claiming to know them better than they know themselves they feel justified to call out the cliques and mutual admiration societies behind it all. They don't see any hypocrisy since they are all about goodwill and open with their shortcomings. They don't see themselves as attackers nor do they wish to alienate so they are surprised others may see them like that. When they are wrong they can seem paranoid. When they are right their vigilance combined with their relatability gives them a dimension to effect change even eights don't have.

The rest I didn't bold or cross out was kinda in between, but more on the 'disagreeing' side.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bold: yes
Crossed-out: no
Underline: to a large extent

The rest I didn't bold or cross out was kinda in between, but more on the 'disagreeing' side.

Hmm, the description screamed counterphobic so I think it should be more or less fine.

Boy, your typing is fine.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, the description screamed counterphobic so I think it should be more or less fine.

Boy, your typing is fine.

I'm not counterphobic.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is my point.

You said you weren't phobic; the ones that you crossed out is counterphobic.

Oh, I see now. :yes:

But where did I say I wasn't phobic?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I see now. :yes:

But where did I say I wasn't phobic?

hmm semantics I should have made that you weren't counterphobic

OH SHIT THAT WAS SO ENGLISH FAIL LOL SRY :p

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm semantics I should have made that you weren't counterphobic

OH SHIT THAT WAS SO ENGLISH FAIL LOL SRY :p

It's okay. :laugh:

So you're going with phobic 6w5?

Also, if you don't mind, could you highlight the other characteristics and highlight which type each of them are by colorcoding them like you did with 4 and 6?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
most of the stuff in your list has nothing to do with your enneagram type. enneagram is not about traits. its about your deepest relationship to reality. meditate and feel into it. what is your core interpretation of beeing an individual in this world. is it about being lost, about being nobody, about being hatet, about being controlled, come up with your own words. what is your assumption about the character of life, of 'Other', of god, of nature and what implications follows from this, for your view of your self: who do you think you have to be, in order to be in a good relationship with this world, or who or what or how do you have to avoid to be, in order to be 'good with' reality, what feelings or ideas do you try to avoid, what is it, that must not become 'true' because it is 'so bad' and why do you think it is 'so bad' and what does that mean about your image of reality (to follow your core-reasoning into the opposite direction, back to 'Other'). what comes first to mind, when you feel into 'Otherness' is it impersonal, intentional, approachable, automatical, demanding, sucking, pushing, judgning, ignoring, those can be clues about the triad, to begin with.

as long as you can not answer these questions, using introspection, you do not know your type! (it is not easy, don't be ashamed, basically no one can do it ;) ) - once you feel that you know the answer you will begin to understand types better and you will be able to see with which type your felt core-interpretation correlates with best. until then, the types are only meant to give you a vague idea about what to look out for IN your self. what feelings, or issues. don't give authority to specialists to tell you what your type is. trust me, you already have false self (the type is such a false self, for the core-interpretation has no justified basis in reality and getting beyond it is the whole point of the enneagramm), you don't need another one, which consists of a bunch of traits from a website.

Silveresque

I have to agree with Nanook. Your enneagram type should fit you more than just through traits and descriptions. It's about what motivates you and what causes you stress, as well as how you react to stress. Your descriptions are quite detailed, but I think they could still fit with a lot of types, so I'm not really sure how well we can type you based on just that.

I came across this site yesterday, and I think it could help you: http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype6. It gives very in-depth information about the levels of development that I've never seen anywhere else. You can also explore different types by clicking on the links at the top.

Hazashin, I think if you really are a six, you should be able to identify with some of the secondary fears and desires. If they don't seem right, I would suggest looking at five. It could just be my bias since that's my type, but I see a lot what could be five from your description. Of course, four and nine are strong possibilities as well, but you described feelings of angst and anxiety, which happens to be the emotion that corresponds to types six and five.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I came across this site yesterday, and I think it could help you: http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype6. It gives very in-depth information about the levels of development that I've never seen anywhere else. You can also explore different types by clicking on the links at the top.

Holy shit, I JUST started reading it, and I've already came across something I really relate to:
Sixes are not necessarily "group people," but they like the feeling of "belonging" somewhere—of being part of something greater than themselves. They enjoy being of service and really want to contribute to the world. They bring reliability, responsibility, hard work, and a sense of honor to all their affairs. They approach others as if to say, "I am here for you. You can count on me."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5, self-preservation.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You say you are phobic and you don't seem really oriented to the feisty style of Sx 6, oriented toward strength and beauty. Not especially rogue, and also, not group oriented,and then, not So. Self-pres so.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You say you are phobic and you don't seem really oriented to the feisty style of Sx 6, oriented toward strength and beauty. Not especially rogue, and also, not group oriented,and then, not So. Self-pres so.

Here, I'll bold anything I relate to and cross out anything I don't relate to in the Self Preservation instinct description from www.enneagraminstitute.com's website:

People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body. In a word, they are concerned with having enough resources to meet life's demands. Identification with the body is a fundamental focus for all humans, and we need our body to function well in order to be alive and active in the world. Most people in contemporary cultures are not faced life or death "survival" in the strictest sense; thus, Self-Preservation types tend to be concerned with food, money, housing, medical matters, and physical comfort. Moreover, those primarily focused on self-preservation, by extension, are usually interested in maintaining these resources for others as well. Their focus of attention naturally goes towards things related to these areas such as clothes, temperature, shopping, decorating, and the like, particularly if they are not satisfied in these areas or have a feeling of deficiency due to their childhoods. Self-Pres types tend to be more grounded, practical, serious, and introverted than the other two instinctual types. They might have active social lives and a satisfying intimate relationship, but if they feel that their self-preservation needs are not being met, still tend not to be happy or at ease. In their primary relationships, these people are "nesters"—they seek domestic tranquility and security with a stable, reliable partner.

Are you still thinking Sp?