• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 'Gentle Spirit' - 479/497/974/947/749/794 - GET IN HERE!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh I thought you were talking about tritype descriptions.

But yeah I definitely relate to all three of the descriptions. I think I picked 9 because it sort of is what I'm dealing with now, but I kind of feel like I might be moving toward 7 or something.

4 was more of a middle school/high school thing NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!!! :laugh:

Oh yeah, 4 is horrible in middle school. Tritype wise, there is not much out there. You just have to pick them separately. You have to read all of them to figure it out. I grew into my fourness thankfully.

B

brainheart

Think I might actually be a 749- an introverted seven... Or maybe I'm not as introverted as I think. This is kind of weirding me out.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Think I might actually be a 749- an introverted seven... Or maybe I'm not as introverted as I think. This is kind of weirding me out.

lol! love your signature.

The nine is kind of tagged on the end there as an after thought.

B

brainheart

lol! love your signature.

The nine is kind of tagged on the end there as an after thought.
Yeah, it's cute but I kind of feel like I'm gonna puke, like I'm finally confronting the reality of myself vs the fantasy.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it's cute but I kind of feel like I'm gonna puke, like I'm finally confronting the reality of myself vs the fantasy.

I understand :hug:
I'm going through the same thing with the letter change. It's very liberating though, isn't it? Like unlocking some secret code. :) What brought you to this realization?

B

brainheart

My biggest problem is not sticking with anything... I'm always changing my mind... I've made my commitment to my marriage, children (already tried to flee once, first thing i said to my husband when he wanted to date was that I wasn't into monogamy) and I've kind of put myself on self-imposed house arrest so as to not be tempted. Also, because I made that commitment, it's like I can't commit to anything else, even being a vegetarian, its like I tell someone I'm doing it and then I don't want to anymore. I hate it when things seem permanent. I get very restless- I even am constantly rearranging my furniture because I get bored. I'm very much a jack of all trades, master of none. It's depressing supposedly being so smart and talented (hell, I am) and having accomplished nothing in my life. I don't want to have to choose one thing, I want to do it all so I do nothing. Blah.

I've also been diagnosed bipolar and adhd.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My biggest problem is not sticking with anything... I'm always changing my mind... I've made my commitment to my marriage, children (already tried to flee once, first thing i said to my husband when he wanted to date was that I wasn't into monogamy) and I've kind of put myself on self-imposed house arrest so as to not be tempted. Also, because I made that commitment, it's like I can't commit to anything else, even being a vegetarian, its like I tell someone I'm doing it and then I don't want to anymore. I hate it when things seem permanent. I get very restless- I even am constantly rearranging my furniture because I get bored. I'm very much a jack of all trades, master of none. It's depressing supposedly being so smart and talented (hell, I am) and having accomplished nothing in my life. I don't want to have to choose one thing, I want to do it all so I do nothing. Blah.

I've also been diagnosed bipolar and adhd.

Yeah, that's the awful thing about 7- (and even worse, 749.) It's full of a lot of plans and visions and ideas and lateral motion, but not so much with the forward motion.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i kinda relate more to 479, even though i'm overall more 5 than 7. is that allowed??

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i kinda relate more to 479, even though i'm overall more 5 than 7. is that allowed??

No, that makes sense. And I relate to five too. I had a theory about why 5's and 7's could be mistaken and all ways that they are similar but I already forgot it.

I mean, uh. NO!! IT'S NOT ALLOWED! GET OUT OF MY TRITYPE THREAD!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, that makes sense. And I relate to five too. I had a theory about why 5's and 7's could be mistaken and all ways that they are similar but I already forgot it.

I mean, uh. NO!! IT'S NOT ALLOWED! GET OUT OF MY TRITYPE THREAD!

i think the part of 7's that i connect the most with is always wanting to try new things and go on adventures, but i guess that could have 5-ish motivations of wanting to learn about/understand the world through the experiences. or it could be an sx-first thing too.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think the part of 7's that i connect the most with is always wanting to try new things and go on adventures, but i guess that could have 5-ish motivations of wanting to learn about/understand the world through the experiences. or it could be an sx-first thing too.

This and... I always thought that fives do mentally in thought what 7's to physically in experience. Or sometimes a 7 may go off onto a thought or idea to increase their stimulation while 5's might go out and experience the world to gain knowledge (like you said.) . Both experiencers in a different way/ different motivations.

B

brainheart

Fives- deep sea divers of thought
Argumentative, nit picky when it comes to their ideas
Difficulty socializing, always seem stiff and somewhat formal, odd

Sevens- deep for a bit then onto something else
Teasing, playful argumentative, go for the general over the specific
Some may be socially awkward initially, but then they get into the groove and are talkative, likeable.

My feeling, anyway.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yeah, that's the awful thing about 7- (and even worse, 749.) It's full of a lot of plans and visions and ideas and lateral motion, but not so much with the forward motion.

OMG, story of my life.

SOMEONE PLANT A STEAM ENGINE IN ME.

What tritype could best help me...hmm...

wolfy

awsm
To be honest I still have zero understanding of what all this means.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this is my tritype more than my previously thought of 3/1/7.

I think I'm 9/4/7. :yes:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think this is my tritype more than my previously thought of 3/1/7.

I think I'm 9/4/7. :yes:

THE HELL YOU SAY!

For some reason, that reply is a very apt reply to a large number of your posts. :D

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think I'm a 7w6/9w8/4

Thanks to [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] for pointing me at this thread.

Where is the description of this tritype and where did 'gentle spirit' come from? I'm behind the times or something.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
If you google 'gentle spirit tritype' THIS thread pops up as the first find! HAHAHA

Then:
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24325&whichpage=6
http://www.enneachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69

and http://www.personalitynation.com/enneagram/2891-fauvres-tritype-archetypes.html

From that last website:

This is the sort of sprite or fairy like tritype. There is a need to remain positive while still searching for meaning. The blindspot is that there is an attraction to magical thinking and missed opportunities to speak their truth so they find themselves glossing over negative feeling states in favor of something more comfortable or positive. When 4 is in charge there's a tendency to not see all the ways in which depression or sadness is evaded through this magical thinking process.

the life mission is that this is the true healer archetype. They are often found doing bodywork or other healing practices as these are the 3 types that have a desire to transform. They like to inspire people toward happiness through expressing their creativity in a peaceful non-intrusive way.

She said this is the most lyrical type, a sort of ethereal archetype (so is the 459 but it is a more withdrawn ethereal quality, almost wispy and ghost like) whereas the energy here is lighter and more impish or I think when it's a male energy you get a strong trickster archetype (like dfgray). Playful yet meaningful. Very idealistic (although not quite as idealistic as the 471) but still concerned with maintaining positivity and feelings of being up. I think Regina Spektor is an example of this archetype with 4 in charge.