• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 'Gentle Spirit' - 479/497/974/947/749/794 - GET IN HERE!

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Alright you know that feeling when you've hopped into a multiplayer pvp battleground as a healer, it's your 10th battle, people aren't protecting you as always despite your attempt to believe that eventually you'll actually get a decent team because that's usually how healers are built because otherwise they'd be too OP? So the rogue sneaks up on your lonesome self and you're dutifully trying to capture the objective, and just fucking owns you as always, and you're like. "THIS IS IT. NO MORE HEALING. I'M GOING TO SIT AROUND AT SPAWN POINT AND THE NEXT ROUND, I'M GOING TO FUCKING PLAY DAMAGE."

...Because trite comparisons aside, that's me right now. Different situation, same fucking sentiment.

I don't fucking wanna be this type.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I might be this. But I kind of am confused about enneagram in general, and I have to think about the difference between instinctual stackings and types more deeply and resolve just how abstract I want types to be.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"THIS IS IT. NO MORE HEALING. I'M GOING TO SIT AROUND AT SPAWN POINT AND THE NEXT ROUND, I'M GOING TO FUCKING PLAY DAMAGE.".

I play the healer as well. But I arm myself to the gills with about 10 different weapons, each one capable of unhealing someone in a different and creative way.

Is that my 7w8's ness or my 4 sp'ness? There ain't nothing wrong with a fully integrated gentle/badass healer.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I play the healer as well. But I arm myself to the gills with about 10 different weapons, each one capable of unhealing someone in a different and creative way.

Is that my 7w8's ness or my 4 sp'ness? There ain't nothing wrong with a fully integrated gentle/badass healer.

i think it's probably me being an sx dom, like "... where's the nearest tank/dps that can help me help them help me help them (ad nauseum)"

... unhealing. isn't that essentially wrecking??

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... gentle/badass healer/killer "spirit" who has become one with the universe and knows who should live and who shouldn't.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well yes, unhealing is the opposite of healing. Zen y'know, good and bad all wrapped up together.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
... gentle/badass healer/killer "spirit" who has become one with the universe and knows who should live and who shouldn't.

...I'll keep that in mind.

One of my main conundrums is ... the principle of it. Like, if I'm in a position to hurt somebody back for hurting me, do I have revenge? Even if I deem the act morally wrong? What constitutes justice? I think there should be SOME retributive justice in the world but I just can't help but wonder if it's wrong or right to actually retaliate.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...I'll keep that in mind.

One of my main conundrums is ... the principle of it. Like, if I'm in a position to hurt somebody back for hurting me, do I have revenge? Even if I deem the act morally wrong? What constitutes justice? I think there should be SOME retributive justice in the world but I just can't help but wonder if it's wrong or right to actually retaliate.

I've struggled with such things, and erred on the side of peace. But eventually, I've figured a few things out. "IMO" of course -

> do I have revenge? Even if I deem the act morally wrong?

They did it to you. So you can do it to them... if you want to. It's a free choioce.

If you deem it morally wrong to retaliate, you may be crushed one day, because you didn't. At some point, when you are going under, you have no choice. Then you see it much more clearly.

I have the greatest respect for all life, in principle. But there are some who don't, who treat others with no respect - they are the ones who don't deserve to live. So with them, it's your call. You can protect the rest of humanity by dispensing with them (in principle anyway, but you have to consider whether you would win it. People like that are often the toughest of opponents, so you might default to 'kill no one' mostly out of respect for life, and partly out of fear for your own life).

* By "kill" I mean, whatever the situation demands, but not necessarily "kill". In a fantasy game you could do it.

> What constitutes justice?

It is a way of curtailing behaviour of the worst of us, and of the rest of us occasionally. We live as a society, and as such we agree to get along (in principle). Anyone who hurts others should be thrown out or worse. Two societies at war should find a better way of resolving things.

That's "IMO" as I've gradually figured it out.

So heal those who deserve it, and unheal those who deserve that. Balance.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I've struggled with such things, and erred on the side of peace. But eventually, I've figured a few things out. "IMO" of course -

> do I have revenge? Even if I deem the act morally wrong?

They did it to you. So you can do it to them... if you want to. It's a free choioce.

If you deem it morally wrong to retaliate, you may be crushed one day, because you didn't. At some point, when you are going under, you have no choice. Then you see it much more clearly.

I have the greatest respect for all life, in principle. But there are some who don't, who treat others with no respect - they are the ones who don't deserve to live. So with them, it's your call. You can protect the rest of humanity by dispensing with them (in principle anyway, but you have to consider whether you would win it. People like that are often the toughest of opponents, so you might default to 'kill no one' mostly out of respect for life, and partly out of fear for your own life).

They are. Frankly, the only advantage that I've ever had is that I'm weak as hell, so people always underestimate me. They don't take me seriously. This works against me a lot, because people in power don't take me seriously, and society at large will never take me seriously. If it's an open battle, or if it ever gets brought out to the open, I will surely lose, and the punishment on me will be severe.

HOWEVER, because of this underestimation, given very specific circumstances, I may have the chance to retaliate.

I agree with you on principle. I just don't want to lose myself or become a martyr for a cause nobody but me will see or understand.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They are. Frankly, the only advantage that I've ever had is that I'm weak as hell, so people always underestimate me. They don't take me seriously. This works against me a lot, because people in power don't take me seriously, and society at large will never take me seriously. If it's an open battle, or if it ever gets brought out to the open, I will surely lose, and the punishment on me will be severe.

HOWEVER, because of this underestimation, given very specific circumstances, I may have the chance to retaliate.

I agree with you on principle. I just don't want to lose myself or become a martyr for a cause nobody but me will see or understand.

That's the thing. A gentle spirit doesn't see many fights that should be fought, because we always look for more harmonious or creative ways forward. So a war game isn't the best scenario anyway. Would a 479 be there in the first place?

Like the UN humanitarians who go out to find the wounded, our most natural role is to try to mitigate the whole situation.

But if you were face to face with the starter of it all. The cunt at the top - the bloodthirsty one. Would you hack, or not hack?

I say hack.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PS. So anyway. My way of thinking establishes both extremes - to act for peace, or to kill for peace. One at each end of the scale. Then you work backwards from the other side - the lieutenants, the blind warriors who do as they are told, the one that sneaks up on you while you are trying to save people, etc etc - you should at least protect yourself when it comes to the crunch, and disable, or hack and dispense as you like, although it isn't in your nature. Which turns into... heal, hack, heal, hack, heal... *sigh*

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
That's the thing. A gentle spirit doesn't see many fights that should be fought, because we always look for more harmonious or creative ways forward. So a war game isn't the best scenario anyway. Would a 479 be there in the first place?

Like the UN humanitarians who go out to find the wounded, our most natural role is to try to mitigate the whole situation.

That's a good point. I think that's why this quote, "the anger of a gentle man", spoke to me so much. (It's in my sig xD)

But if you were face to face with the starter of it all. The cunt at the top - the bloodthirsty one. Would you hack, or not hack?

I say hack.

...When you put it that way, it would certainly be unjust to not do anything.

Besides, justice doesn't depend on whether or not everyone else sees it. You're right. The resolve will give me strength.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Besides, justice doesn't depend on whether or not everyone else sees it. You're right. The resolve will give me strength.

lol The other thing about video games is that your only option is to shoot, hide, or die. They don't give you the option of "think creatively" or "reason with armed man", or "play the piano in a calming way". So they aren't very realistic ;)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Me too! Me too! Does this include sensitive people? I get embarrassed easily, and stuff. Sometimes I cry when I have to talk about my thoughts and feelings. I can't easily do that, often. And often when I have, my feelings get pushed aside/ignored/not answered, so it's like I've revealed a huge thing about myself and then I'm left feeling weird and sad and not valued.

:mellow:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
lol The other thing about video games is that your only option is to shoot, hide, or die. They don't give you the option of "think creatively" or "reason with armed man", or "play the piano in a calming way". So they aren't very realistic ;)

Wait what xD
We were talking about entirely different things ? ? I thought you were speaking metaphorically. Haha

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Except for 9 core I'd imagine this tritype to be more of a rushing torrent at least inwardly.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me too! Me too! Does this include sensitive people? I get embarrassed easily, and stuff. Sometimes I cry when I have to talk about my thoughts and feelings. I can't easily do that, often. And often when I have, my feelings get pushed aside/ignored/not answered, so it's like I've revealed a huge thing about myself and then I'm left feeling weird and sad and not valued.

:mellow:

That might depend on who and when you are talking to, when they aren't interested or have their focus on something else? Maybe.