• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 27 Tritypes Poll Part 1

Enneagram Type 1 and 2 - What is your tritype ?

• 125, 251, 512 The Mentor

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 126, 261, 612 The Supporter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 127, 271, 712 The Teacher

• 135, 351, 513 The Technical Expert

• 136, 361, 613 The Taskmaster

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 137, 371, 713 The Systems Builder

• 145, 451, 514 The Researcher

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 146, 416, 614 The Philosopher

• 147, 417, 714 The Visionary

• 258, 582, 825 The Strategist

• 259, 592, 925 The Problem Solver

• 268, 682, 826 The Rescuer

• 269, 692, 926 The Good Samaritan

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 278, 782, 827 The Free Spirit

• Total voters

Silveresque

I thought it would be interesting to make a poll to see what tritypes everyone has. I wonder if some tritypes are more common than others. Anyways, let's vote and find out!

This is part 1 which contains the first 14 tritypes. If your tritype is not listed here, please see part 2.

And please ignore the order in the tritypes. If you are looking for 215 and that is not on the list, please choose 251. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: now I've found it and have voted in both of them :cheese:

Little_Sticks

What are your tritypes based on? Who came up with them? Who follows these? Where did you get them? Why are they useful or accurate? Are they substantiated by empirical, as well as theoretical, evidence? Does it have a mathematical consistency that can be followed? Should I ask more questions?

B

brainheart

I thought I was a 459 but I'm realizing more and more I'm far too angry and judgmental, I just hold it in or get all high and mighty about it. I'm more thoreau than yoda, that's for sure. Besides, I'm research-obsessed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lots of numbers in both threads, but I don't think I see the 529's anywhere.

I'm skeptical in the sense that it all seems to be more theory founded on theory, pretty obviously there is no actual study that distinguishes these actual categories.

How I see it is simply you're taking a primary enneagram type and differentiate among variations of that type by looking at secondary coping and interaction skills, + motivational skills.

I'd probably have to say I'm 529...and possibly 592...but the way the variants are assigned, it fails to recognize the SX variant I have naturally... the SO is a learned trait. I have to fight to stay on a casual boundaried SO style relationship with anyway, I want to know everyone as deeply as they allow me to go, and typically I'm disappointed in many of my relationships.

Silveresque

Lots of numbers in both threads, but I don't think I see the 529's anywhere.

I'm skeptical in the sense that it all seems to be more theory founded on theory, pretty obviously there is no actual study that distinguishes these actual categories.

How I see it is simply you're taking a primary enneagram type and differentiate among variations of that type by looking at secondary coping and interaction skills, + motivational skills.

I'd probably have to say I'm 529...and possibly 592...but the way the variants are assigned, it fails to recognize the SX variant I have naturally... the SO is a learned trait. I have to fight to stay on a casual boundaried SO style relationship with anyway, I want to know everyone as deeply as they allow me to go, and typically I'm disappointed in many of my relationships.

I have to agree with you in the sense that tritypes don't mean a whole lot at this point, due the lack of actual studies and research. It's hard to find a lot of information and descriptions for the various tritypes. Maybe someday after more research has been done there will be a lot more information available, making the tritypes more reliable and accurate. I certainly hope that happens, because I find that the tritype helps to explain more of my personality than one type could do alone.

I wish I could make a poll that takes instinctual variants into account as well, but since putting the tritypes and instincts together would create 54 variants for each type, that would take way too many threads. I understand what you're saying about how the instincts are important as well. I seem to have an uncommon instinctual variant for my type that makes me different from most 4's, and I wish I could take that into account in this poll.

And about 529, the numbers in each type here go in clockwise order, so that would make it the same as 592. Sorry for not making that clear in the OP.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a researcher and I'm fairly sure I'm a 415. I'm interested in to see who else is the same :)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And about 529, the numbers in each type here go in clockwise order, so that would make it the same as 592. Sorry for not making that clear in the OP.

I'm still confused a little bit. I'm a 6-4-2, but I don't see that in either of the polls. Maybe I don't have a clear understanding of tri-types or something? :huh:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see 3-8-7....

Too aggressive to exist?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still confused a little bit. I'm a 6-4-2, but I don't see that in either of the polls. Maybe I don't have a clear understanding of tri-types or something? :huh:

Hmm not sure why my posts aren't showing (this is the third time trying to reply!).

You have 2 image fixes in your tritype (4 and 2); that's why the option is not there.

It's head-gut-image in whatever order but by rule of thumb it goes clockwise. Core > Second strongest > least strongest. By right mine is supposed to be 3-7-8 but my gut fix is equally as strong as my image fix (hence making self-typing really difficult because I don't really know my motivation xD).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

6-4-2 isn't an option. 4 and 2 are both in the heart
Heart Triad: 2, 3, 4
Head Triad: 5, 6, 7
Gut Triad: 8, 9, 1

you have one letter from each of the 3 triads in your tritype. I think your tritype is 6-9-2 :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you have one letter from each of the 3 triads in your tritype. I think your tritype is 6-9-2 :yes:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, I see now. But I've always scored 4 as much as 6 on tests, so my Heart Triad type would be 4 rather than 2. So 6-4-9 is my tri-type, then?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I see now. But I've always scored 4 as much a 6 on tests, so my Heart Triad type would be 4 rather than 2. So 6-4-9 is my tri-type, then?

that makes more sense to me actually :yes:
I'm a 7-8-4 :hifive:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I see now. But I've always scored 4 as much a 6 on tests, so my Heart Triad type would be 4 rather than 2. So 6-4-9 is my tri-type, then?

I think mine is 6-4-9 as well.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup! So, why isn't it an option on the poll? ;)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think mine is 6-4-9 as well.

:hifive:

Well, Elfboy did say when I first started posting on his 'ESTJ' thread that I was very much like you, and even thought I was INFJ at first. :alttongue:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hifive:

Well, Elfboy did say when I first started posting on his 'ESTJ' thread that I was very much like you, and even thought I was INFJ at first. :alttongue:

I did?