• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram of RPG characters

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
For the past couple of months, I've been creating an enneagram movie for RPG characters. I might have had messed up some of the characters' types, but here it is:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Excellent work, Thunderbringer! :happy2: Loved the melodies as well! :D

:happy0065::happy0065::happy0065::happy0065::happy0065:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
On a slightly more critical note, I kind of felt you gave Threes short shrift in some aspects... Then again, that's a common issue about Three profiles - they seem to be described as "deficient Eights/Ones", in a way. Weird.

Other than that, I found very cool how you highlighted their issues and strengths - in RPG terms, no less! :thumbup:

Also, in the 7 video, it should be "when they're down" and "constantly trying new thing after new thing". /grammar nazi

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
On a slightly more critical note, I kind of felt you gave Threes short shrift in some aspects...

I agree. As you may have noticed, I kinda half-assed around the middle and just drew it out with the whole concept of the Three's adaptability. What I found especially hard about doing Threes was that I couldn't find many that were heroes or ones that fit into some of the average or healthy descriptions, so I just made do with what I had.

Also, in the 7 video, it should be "when they're down" and "constantly trying new thing after new thing". /grammar nazi

Yeah, it does read awkwardly, doesn't it? I thought it was fine when I read it with the preceding sentence but reading it now sounds bad. Oh, well, can't change it now :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. As you may have noticed, I kinda half-assed around the middle and just drew it out with the whole concept of the Three's adaptability. What I found especially hard about doing Threes was that I couldn't find many that were heroes or ones that fit into some of the average or healthy descriptions, so I just made do with what I had.

Yeah, it does read awkwardly, doesn't it? I thought it was fine when I read it with the preceding sentence but reading it now sounds bad. Oh, well, can't change it now :shrug:

Zelos is a 3? I thought he was 7w6, but 3 makes sense too :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8s are not the most heroic type. 1s are followed by 3s and 4s (4s when they're healthy, 3s are more heroic when they're unhealthy lol)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. Trishe! Damn straight she is an 8. Should of added Shanttoto somewhere in there. :D

You chose the right melodies for the types.

Pretty good for the characters that I do know.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On a slightly more critical note, I kind of felt you gave Threes short shrift in some aspects... Then again, that's a common issue about Three profiles - they seem to be described as "deficient Eights/Ones", in a way. Weird.

Other than that, I found very cool how you highlighted their issues and strenghts - in RPG terms, no less! :thumbup:

RPG heroes that are 3s are more glamorous, theatrical and epic.

3w2s are more positive/upbeat

3w4s are more refined and elegant

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
8s are not the most heroic type. 1s are followed by 3s and 4s (4s when they're healthy, 3s are more heroic when they're unhealthy lol)

I can see how 1's could be more heroic than 8's, but not 3's or 4's.

Wow. Trishe! Damn straight she is an 8. Should of added Shanttoto somewhere in there. :D

You chose the right melodies for the types.

Pretty good for the characters that I do know.

Thanks for the compliments! I would've added Shantotto (thinking she might be a 3?) and other Final Fantasy characters, but I only wanted to use the main heroes and villains from each of the main series (and Tactics) otherwise it'd have been too crowded, so I went with Prishe for XI, since CoP was one of the better expansion packs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see how 1's could be more heroic than 8's, but not 3's or 4's.

Thanks for the compliments! I would've added Shantotto (thinking she might be a 3?) and other Final Fantasy characters, but I only wanted to use the main heroes and villains from each of the main series (and Tactics) otherwise it'd have been too crowded, so I went with Prishe for XI, since CoP was one of the better expansion packs.

4s are heroic when they integrate to 1. there emotional intensity gain focus, moral integrity and discipline and give them tremendous power and charisma
3s are heroic for it's own sake. they are the most overt and theatrical with their heroism. other types fall into heroic roles more reluctantly, but if you ask a heroic 3 if they think they are heroic, they will answer "oh course! now watch as I slay xyz monster!" 3w2s love the chance to be gain glory and acclaim, 3w4s relish the opportunity to play the role of the hero

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Definitely!

B. Shantotto? D. Shantotto? Lady Karababa?

If a bit on the anti-hero side anyways, she is like a 3.

"Oh-hohohoho!"

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
4s are heroic when they integrate to 1. there emotional intensity gain focus, moral integrity and discipline and give them tremendous power and charisma

But only healthy 4's integrate to 1 and that's a rare occurrence. On average, 4's aren't really that heroic.

3s are heroic for it's own sake. they are the most overt and theatrical with their heroism. other types fall into heroic roles more reluctantly, but if you ask a heroic 3 if they think they are heroic, they will answer "oh course! now watch as I slay xyz monster!" 3w2s love the chance to be gain glory and acclaim, 3w4s relish the opportunity to play the role of the hero

As you said, 3's aren't heroic for the sake of heroism, but for glory and acclaim. Unlike 8's and 1's who genuinely stand up for the people or ideals they care about, 3's will only fight if it gets them noticed or if it's beneficial to their goals. For example, when someone says heroic 8, I can immediately think of someone like Martin Luther King Jr., but when you say heroic 3, no one comes to mind.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Definitely!

B. Shantotto? D. Shantotto? Lady Karababa?

If a bit on the anti-hero side anyways, she is like a 3.

"Oh-hohohoho!"

Oh, yeah! I completely forgot about her penchant for disguises and world domination. Yeah, she's definitely a 3. In fact, this quote pretty much screams 3:

"Why be led, when you can be leader?
Why bow to lady luck when you can beat her?
Why sit back and relax if you can pull your fill?
Before you are taken, why not go in for the kill?"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But only healthy 4's integrate to 1 and that's a rare occurrence. On average, 4's aren't really that heroic.

As you said, 3's aren't heroic for the sake of heroism, but for glory and acclaim. Unlike 8's and 1's who genuinely stand up for the people or ideals they care about, 3's will only fight if it gets them noticed or if it's beneficial to their goals. For example, when someone says heroic 8, I can immediately think of someone like Martin Luther King Jr., but when you say heroic 3, no one comes to mind.

3s reasons for being heroic aren't ALWAYS shallow :laugh: we simply embellish our convictions and heroism more than other types like 1s and 8s
I can think of tons:

Balmung of the Azure Sky, .hack//sign: 3w4 sp/sx

Jeramiah Gottwald, Code Geass: 3w2 sx/so

Ash Ketchum, Pokemon: 3w2 sx/so

overall, I think the order of heroism goes 1, 3 = 8, 4, 6, 7, 2, 9, 5

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the stereotypical dashing prince who slays the dragon and rescues the princess is an INFP Sx 3

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
the stereotypical dashing prince who slays the dragon and rescues the princess is an INFP Sx 3

Most princes in fairy tales are usually flat characters with no personality other than to save the princess. They could be any personality type for all anyone knows. Do you have any real life examples of a heroic 3? Also regarding Balmung, I actually typed him as a 1 in my video since he wants The World to be perfect and free from hackers and rampant A.I.s (though I'm going by the Balmung in the .hack//GAMEs than the one in the anime).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most princes in fairy tales are usually flat characters with no personality other than to save the princess. They could be any personality type for all anyone knows. Do you have any real life examples of a heroic 3? Also regarding Balmung, I actually typed him as a 1 in my video since he wants The World to be perfect and free from hackers and rampant A.I.s (though I'm going by the Balmung in the .hack//GAMEs than the one in the anime).

- Balmung is too vain and theatrical to be a 1. he cares a great deal about projecting a heroic image. the reason he is so heroic is because he is both truly heroic and has the theatrical flair, charisma and leadership abilities of a 3
- this is a thread about RPG characters, thus why I brought up a bunch of fictional heroic 3s.
- to be honest, I think there needs to be a 3 vs 1 thread. they can look a lot alike (especially fictional characters)