• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram of RPG characters

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
- Balmung is too vain and theatrical to be a 1. he cares a great deal about projecting a heroic image. the reason he is so heroic is because he is both truly heroic and has the theatrical flair, charisma and leadership abilities of a 3

Couldn't a 1 also be charismatic and theatrical? And like I said, in the game, he's more about laying down the law rather than trying to show off and be glamourous.

- this is a thread about RPG characters, thus why I brought up a bunch of fictional heroic 3s.

True enough.

- to be honest, I think there needs to be a 3 vs 1 thread. they can look a lot alike (especially fictional characters)

I agree. Many times, I struggle deciding whether someone is a 1w2 or a 3w4.

Also, I have to apologize for going a bit off track. I don't mean to say 3's can't be heroic, because they can. If you notice at the end of my Three video, there are a couple of characters that I would say are very heroic (Tae and Eriko come to mind, for those who are familiar with the SMT series), but I don't think 3's are more heroic than 8's. Even at average levels, 8's are more heroic than 3's because their main strength and energy is more directed to protecting those they care about, whereas the 3's strength is more towards promoting themselves as ideal packages.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Couldn't a 1 also be charismatic and theatrical? And like I said, in the game, he's more about laying down the law rather than trying to show off and be glamourous.
True enough.
I agree. Many times, I struggle deciding whether someone is a 1w2 or a 3w4.
Also, I have to apologize for going a bit off track. I don't mean to say 3's can't be heroic, because they can. If you notice at the end of my Three video, there are a couple of characters that I would say are very heroic (Tae and Eriko come to mind, for those who are familiar with the SMT series), but I don't think 3's are more heroic than 8's. Even at average levels, 8's are more heroic than 3's because their main strength and energy is more directed to protecting those they care about, whereas the 3's strength is more towards promoting themselves as ideal packages.

- don't worry you haven't offended me, I think this is actually a very good conversation
- Balmung is extremely vain and concerned with projecting his image.
- 1s want to do the right thing, 3s want to do the right thing and look glamorous doing it.
- I'm defining heroic as a personality that stands up to evil and tyranny and fights for their ideals, before we continue, is this the same definition you have?
Edit: and the part I forgot. being a hero is also about being a leader and an inspiration to those around you, this aspect is what gives a heroic presence when they choose to have it

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1s, 3s and 8s are often hard to type because they share a lot of common characteristics and can easily take on characters of each other as well.

for instance, all of them are
- goal oriented
- natural leaders
- confident
- tend to be there own authority
- disciplined

1s can be
- charismatic like 8s and 3s
- theatrical like 3s
- courageous and bad ass like 8s

3s can be
- spunky like 8s
- visionary like 1s
- bad ass like 8s
- convicted and justice driven like 1s

8s can be
- heroic like 1s
- charismatic like 3s
- justice driven like 1s

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
- don't worry you haven't offended me, I think this is actually a very good conversation

I agree.

- Balmung is extremely vain and concerned with projecting his image.

In the video below, starting from 0:36, you can see that Balmung seems more like a 1. He's idealistic and wants to destroy the data bug not for glory, as a 3 would do, but for bettering The World. He's respectful and polite, genuinely apologizing for the troubles he's caused Kite, whereas a 3 would most likely want to just put the whole ordeal behind them and not bring up their rude behavior.

- 1s want to do the right thing, 3s want to do the right thing and look glamorous doing it.

Threes are actually not really into doing the right thing. Ones of all levels are concerned about doing the right thing, but only some healthy Threes or average to healthy Threes might consider doing the right thing. Threes are more concerned about being acknowledged and revered, and they'll do anything to make sure it happens, even if it involves using and deceiving others. By contrast, a 1 would find the act of deceiving others despicable and would rather tell them how things are than by manipulating or charming them.

- I'm defining heroic as a personality that stands up to evil and tyranny and fights for their ideals, before we continue, is this the same definition you have?
Edit: and the part I forgot. being a hero is also about being a leader and an inspiration to those around you, this aspect is what gives a heroic presence when they choose to have it

I agree with this definition of heroism and anyone can embody these traits though some types are more prone to having and exhibiting these traits than others. Threes can make good leaders and can be inspirational, but unless a Three desires to be hero, chances are they aren't going to care about fighting evil and tyranny. On the other hand 1's and 8's embody all those traits. They make good leaders, they can be inspirational, and since both are part of the Instinctive triad, they are more concerned with fighting for what they feel is right. Threes, however, are in the Image triad and care only if they gain glory and are admired. They can even work with evil and tyranny if they feel as though it'd get them closer to their goals.

1s, 3s and 8s are often hard to type because they share a lot of common characteristics and can easily take on characters of each other as well.

for instance, all of them are
- natural leaders
- tend to be there own authority

I agree that 1's, 3's, and 8's can resemble each other, but apart from the 2 traits above, other types can easily have the traits I deleted.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree.

In the video below, starting from 0:36, you can see that Balmung seems more like a 1. He's idealistic and wants to destroy the data bug not for glory, as a 3 would do, but for bettering The World. He's respectful and polite, genuinely apologizing for the troubles he's caused Kite, whereas a 3 would most likely want to just put the whole ordeal behind them and not bring up their rude behavior.

3w4s are usually very respectful. they prize poise and good manners and will almost always apologize if they do something they feel was inconsiderate or rude. they are like 1s in this regard.

Threes are actually not really into doing the right thing. Ones of all levels are concerned about doing the right thing, but only some healthy Threes or average to healthy Threes might consider doing the right thing. Threes are more concerned about being acknowledged and revered, and they'll do anything to make sure it happens, even if it involves using and deceiving others. By contrast, a 1 would find the act of deceiving others despicable and would rather tell them how things are than by manipulating or charming them.
based on this, I sound much more like a 1.

I agree with this definition of heroism and anyone can embody these traits though some types are more prone to having and exhibiting these traits than others. Threes can make good leaders and can be inspirational, but unless a Three desires to be hero, chances are they aren't going to care about fighting evil and tyranny. On the other hand 1's and 8's embody all those traits. They make good leaders, they can be inspirational, and since both are part of the Instinctive triad, they are more concerned with fighting for what they feel is right. Threes, however, are in the Image triad and care only if they gain glory and are admired. They can even work with evil and tyranny if they feel as though it'd get them closer to their goals.
I relate much more to the 1/8 side of this description. I've always ferociously defended my ideals. is this normal for 3s?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
3w4s are usually very respectful. they prize poise and good manners and will almost always apologize if they do something they feel was inconsiderate or rude. they are like 1s in this regard.

If you say so. Anyway, it's like I mentioned before, 1w2's and 3w4's can seem eerily similar.

I relate much more to the 1/8 side of this description. I've always ferociously defended my ideals. is this normal for 3s?

It depends on whether your ideals clash with your goals. For example, if you aspire to be a cop, and value strength and justice, you'd of course fight more for your ideals than if you wanted to be a flight attendant as those values don't really matter much to a flight attendant. Though as I've said before, some of the things you've done and said are things 1's wouldn't normally do, much less take pride in.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you say so. Anyway, it's like I mentioned before, 1w2's and 3w4's can seem eerily similar.

It depends on whether your ideals clash with your goals. For example, if you aspire to be a cop, and value strength and justice, you'd of course fight more for your ideals than if you wanted to be a flight attendant as those values don't really matter much to a flight attendant. Though as I've said before, some of the things you've done and said are things 1's wouldn't normally do, much less take pride in.

hmm, that's a tough one

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Also, would you mind telling me what those tracks are called, [MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]? :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I rather like your description of Six except when you wrote that they are "normal" and "everyday person", that's completely untrue. Plus manga/anime make me want to vomit, and most part of theses musics are either boring or horribles.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
wtf of all types 6s are the most normal? What the fuck?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Also, would you mind telling me what those tracks are called, [MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]? :)

Which ones in particular?

I rather like your description of Six except when you wrote that they are "normal" and "everyday person", that's completely untrue. Plus manga/anime make me want to vomit, and most part of theses musics are either boring or horribles.

wtf of all types 6s are the most normal? What the fuck?

When I wrote the descriptions, I was just using the most general terms and phrases to describe the types. I wasn't really aiming to write about them in depth. And yeah, I also dislike manga and anime but I love video games, which these characters are from.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
1, 5, 6 and 9? Pretty please? :puppy_dog_eyes:

If you don't remember, no sweat, I was just curious. :hug: :D

Here you go:

1 - Holy War (Musashiden II)
5 - Tango Appassionata (Drammatica)
6 - Endless High-Speed Running (Valkyrie Profile Silmeria)
9 - The Street Corner at Sunset (Wild ARMs V)