• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do people have connection to both wings?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do people have connection to both wings, or is it more black and white

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
im sure someone may have had the same opinon or not. enneagram, mbti are nice, fun models. constructs crafted through observation,magic and ritualistic sacrifices. a construct that is a reflection, mirrioring "what is" and changes according to new information offered up. it would be nice to say something, about something anything for that matter and things just model themselves according to the new theory but "what is" does not bend to theory, but theory bends to "what is".
back to the question, Im sure for some its black or white and for others both, or probably technicolor

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it was Riso that believes you can have balanced wings, and I've heard it before elsewhere.

Personally, I have followed 1 like patterns, subjecting myself to needless torture in order to better myself, destroying myself as punishment for mistakes, self control and discipline, and it has made me feel strong, like an 8. As if nobody else could show the same kind of strength that I have shown, without help, because needing help is weakness, but these things fall under my core type, it is normal for 9 to think they are not worthy of help from others, it's just an alternative route. These wings don't have a huge impact on the core type as far as I know.

I think it's possible for anyone to go through these defenses at any time. The type you are, is just the one that you lean on the most. It does make sense that people might lean on a type that is closest to their own though, which makes me think that 3, 6 and 9 are more likely to have balanced wings, provided the triads mean anything at all.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am not too versed in enneagram but only chose 5w4 because it was the closest choice but far from fitted me to a tea. 5w6 seems the next closest choice thus am comfortable with the idea of being a hybrid and using both wings but leaning on one.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think that because there are certain things that make the neighboring types alike, one naturally will connect with both wings at least a little bit...

drive to improve conditions, need to be "good", self-sacrificing
desire to have people think positively of oneself, using relation to others to ensure identity
concern with one's identity, powerful self-perception, vanity
isolation, superiority, depth of thought
mental obsession, critical observation, holding back as self-protection
racing thoughts, future planning, pushing forward as self-protection
self-assertion, focus on pleasure, strong forward-moving energy
protective, physical reserve of energy, very body-connected
idealism, philosophical bent, strong global sense
(loop)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*is both aggressive AND neurotic*

:unsure:

:2ar15:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it depends on the person. Some have a strong identification with just one wing. Others identify strongly with both wings. Some don't identify strongly with either one.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*is both aggressive AND neurotic*

:unsure:

:2ar15:

wow, I can imagine that, but all I picture is super villains.

I think it depends on the person. Some have a strong identification with just one wing. Others identify strongly with both wings. Some don't identify strongly with either one.

You think that alone would point out that there is no correlation, and no such thing as wings.