• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you idolize...

Do you idolize your secondary enneagram type (tritype)?

• Yes! I do, I wish I could be like that all the time!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Err...no, there's a reason I'm mainly the first type here.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, I idolize my third type actually.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't know, who cares.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Not sure...sometimes, perhaps :)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
your second type in your tritype?

I've seen some people say that they admire 4w5's when they're 9w1's and had 4w5 as their secondary in the tritype-thingy. I'm the opposite, I admire 9's immensely, and it's my secondary. While I love being a 4, I'm too often reminded of its not so glamorous sides. Perhaps this is coz you actually...live and breathe that type? Kinda like 'the grass is greener' syndrome?

And *if* this is true, it makes me wonder why the 3d type isn't subject to this and how it fits in :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes. 8s are way more bad ass than 4s lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm scared to ask for fear of more confusion in my head about typology but..... what is a tritype?

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I'm scared to ask for fear of more confusion in my head about typology but..... what is a tritype?

In simple terms, you take the enneagram and break it up into these 3 sections: 8 9 1 - 2 3 4 - 5 6 7, then choosing one number and wing from each of the three sections, you line them up in terms of how prominant they are in your personality.

For example, I'm 9w8 'dominant', 5w6 'auxillary' and 4w5 'inferior', so my tritype is 9w8>5w6>4w5
It can kind of be looked at in the same light as MBTI functions.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I want to answer "Don't know", but not because I don't care :/

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have in the past, idolized 5w4 and 4w5. I think it was their creativity I wanted. Still think some of them are adorable (esp infp). I think 4w5 is in my tri-type, and I have the 5 wing so.... 5w4 works in that way.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yes, but.

i idolize 3, but i also idealize 3. i don't think i would actually rather have 3's concerns and feelings on a day-to-day basis.

i just want to look perfectly put-together like one :laugh:

rav3n

Vala, as an 835, I value my 5, far, far more than the 3. The 3 is annoying as hell and usually gets kicked around the block by the other two!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, because tritype don't even exist.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the 2nd part of my tritype is just my regular type reversed, so no. i kinda relate to 479 descriptions more than 459 though, in which case i do kinda idealize 7's. but it doesn't work like that.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
9w1 is my second type but I don't like being that type. The 5w6 makes me introverted and avoidant enough already and the 9w1 seems to compound that.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm 7-8-2

I'd rather be a happy little elf than an evil army general.

:)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You caught my interest. Explain?
I'm not a big fan of the tritype theory either. I find it very hard to believe that you just suddenly change your core and key morivations. You might change strategies but that's another thing.

You can still be have multi-faceted personality without having to justify anything with tritype. It feels like it's something made up just because you can. Your basic motivation and your basic fear doesn't change.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno..why wouldn't you be capable of having multiple 'phobias'? Especially if they get triggered in different situations that require different handling skills?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think multiple phobias are just different manifestations of your basic fear; subtype stacking also plays a role.

In an individual who's confident and healthy one basic fear and one basic motivation will be present and that individuals behaviour will be ruled by those (and stacking).

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, because tritype don't even exist.

I was going to post this word for word yesterday, but decided against it... and then played along, took a test lined them up 9w1/5w4/2w3. Sorry fives, but I don't idolize you! :alttongue: I value my nineish ideas and scatteredness too much. 2s though, hmmm...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not sure what mine is anymore...i took one recently that i think said i was 7w8 4w3 and 9w8 but i've take one before that said i was 729 so idk i think i'm drawn to 4's more than 2's but i don't think i idolize anyone really

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I don't, but then, I don't really know my enneagram type.